shellybeans23

Instant gratification vs. long term goal

4 posts in this topic

Instant gratification vs. long term goal

After watching the video on Endurism I have a question. I feel it is hard to fallow my joy in life because I am a single mom and do have real responsibilities that I cannot sacrifice for my child but I also know how important being happy is to achieving a manifestation. like what about saving money? if someone constantly spends all their money because spending it makes them happy. But then become broke which actually presents a worse situation, is saving money considered endursim in your opinion? how do you feel about this topic? in other words having discipline to achieve a desired outcome vs. instant gratification. 

This topic on Money in particular affects my life greatly.

• Upvote 2

I think you should go into your fear of being broke like completely broke "Why is being broke so bad? What does this mean to me or about me?" Find your core beliefs regarding money. "If I don't save my money why is that so bad?" "Why is instant gratification so bad?" ☺???

• Upvote 2

i would say try to find a happy medium. If there is something you really-really want, don't compromise. Compromise  is just a temporary fix before the hunger comes back. So it's just better to save money and wait. This way you'd be much happier, more satisfied and you'll have a deeper appreciation of what you have.