morana

Tension in my jawline

6 posts in this topic

Tension in my jawline

Hello everybody :)

I'm new to the forum and I really look forward to become a part of it. 

I have a problem that I simply can not find a solution to it and maybe you can help me with it.

For the last month (or more) I feel this intense pressure in my jawline and I often find myself pressing back teeth together (subconsciously). If I relax my teeth, the presure in my jawline remains. I often (almost every night) talk in my sleep - it's been that way since my childhood (I also used to sleepwalk, but don't anymore) and grind my teeth very loudly. I don't have any problems with my teeth or mouth other than that. I experience vivid dreams, that are sometimes recurring and I usually remember them. 

I am a very outspoken person and don't consider any topic a taboo topic. I have an honest relationship with my boyfriend, friends and family and I always tell it how it is.

Does anybody have an idea why this tension keeps appering?

Love and blessings to you all!

• Upvote 3

Welcome to the Tribe its an amazing community. What you describe being very outspoken even in your sleep makes me wonder if there is a deep seated fear of looking inward. That doesn't fit with the person who is reaching out to us through this site. Talking in your sleep and vivid dreaming suggests unresolved conflicts needing to be resolved, yet you say that you have honest relationships with family and close friends. Its almost as if there were two of you, one outspoken and honest the other hidden and private even fearful. is there some deep childhood trauma that is seeking to be revealed? What are your dreams about? How do they make you feel? Do you cycle between being open and outspoken and being quiet and deeply sad or introspective? Seems like there are pieces of the puzzle missing. What do family and friends say?

What I have found true is Teal's message that all ailments begin mentally and emotionally.  Please considering feeling into the tension to understand what it has to say to you.

Well yes, you could say that there are to sides to me. One that is outspoken and can make friends quickly, but at the same time I like beeing alone and sometimes I feel alienated in bigger groups. I also have depression but have successfully cured it, so I'm now ok. But I don't hide it, I talk about iz freely.

I am not aware of any childhood trauma (but lets be honest, we rarely are). 

My dreams wary in theme...I am never scared in them, usually I am quite bold.

One of the reacuring dreams (that went on for around 8 years), were the ones where I dreamt about my first crush. And for the last eight years I dreamt (on and off...sometimes not for months), that I have to prove to him that I am worthy of being with him. And I always got just one kiss on the check (but we were a couple in dreams). But even those dreams changed....then content is quite the same, but the roles are reversed. Now he is the one who has to prove his worthiness. 

I tried to feel into my tension but I can't seem to do it. All I get is more teeth pressing.

On 12/9/2016 at 0:30 PM, morana said:

I tried to feel into my tension but I can't seem to do it. All I get is more teeth pressing.

Please considering trying again in the presence of someone you trust and who can patiently provide you with presence and safety.

Often the shadow side of being ostensibly bold is a very scared inner child.

I find myself pressing my teeth together allot aswell. Mostly in the evening and especially when im "relaxing" in bed. 

Yesterday I was doing some shadowwork with this and returned to a memory of me and my mom. I think I was about 4-5 years old, and my mom was talking to a friend of hers. When I was a bit younger than that I would go explore the world on my own and, get scarred by something and then I would notice my mom wassnt around because she wassnt paying attention. Because of that, in this memory I didn't wanne explore and I wanted to explore at the same time. This friction between what I wanted to do and what I was scared of that would happen is causing the tension in my jaw.

My thoughts for now, hope it helps 

Edited by Strings
  • Upvote 1