duygu_s

Being intuitive or too sensitive

5 posts in this topic

Being intuitive or too sensitive

How would you understand whether you are intuitive or overly sensitive? 

When you share your opinions with others do they ever tell you that you are too sensitive and get things wrong?

I think that its the same. Intuition is the ability to know something based on your feelings. Heightened sensitivity is clairsentience. They both offer insight. Share you opinions!!! It comes from your unique perspective. I was always told I was overly sensitive growing up and it was regarded as a weakness. I wish that everyone could feel deeply. Now days you look around and see others destroying their lives and the planet, because of their lack of sensitivity.

• Upvote 5

From my experience it is fairly different. I was very sensitive for a long time but i just started letting the intuition guide me about a year ago. If you are sensitive though you probably always have the ability to be intuitive aswell sometimes its burried deep inside.
I also would agree that being sensitive is usually triggered by negative experience or just structured somehow into your core beliefs so the natural state would be rather very emotional than sensitive, you would be able to strongly feel those feelings without being affected as much when you are just emotional without being sensitive and with being emotional you can have the same level of intuition as a sensitive person does maybe even clearer.

Edited by LaucherJunge
  • Upvote 2

Seems to me that feeling overly sensitive is the result of fear that you can't handle the information or fear that you'll be overwhelmed, or do the wrong thing. I think that what you seek is not less sensitivity but more peace, more assurance that what you are doing is ok. Perhaps you could focus on doing what seems natural based on what you feel rather than worrying about it. I like what LaucherJunge says about letting the intuition guide him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 09.12.2016 at 0:51 AM, nuia said:

I think that its the same. Intuition is the ability to know something based on your feelings. Heightened sensitivity is clairsentience. They both offer insight. Share you opinions!!! It comes from your unique perspective. I was always told I was overly sensitive growing up and it was regarded as a weakness. I wish that everyone could feel deeply. Now days you look around and see others destroying their lives and the planet, because of their lack of sensitivity.

I was also regarded as a weak person due to my openness about my highlighted emotions. But I also come to think that it is strenght instead. It is just that I cannot be sure whether I catch the truth or make myself believe what I fear time to time.  Although the experience tells me that I saw correctly through the occasions, still I want to believe in people's good intentions and honesty. I care a lot about others, more than myself I can say. So every single thing affects me very much. It is not like I am overwhelmed or scared of the outcome but it is like I passionately want to experience positive things; enthusiasm, love, frienship, success yet the outcome is negative or neutral most of the time especially for the last 2 years despite of the endeavor. This makes me think that may be I make wrong decisions when I depend on my sensitivity or intiution. It might also be my confusion about getting trigered or being intuitive.

I will try to tune into what I want more from now on. Because right now I am pretty lost. I do not feel happy about being alive, I am neutral.   I do not have a strong reason to live after I saw that I cannot have what I really want for many times. At this point may be I need to do some core belief work.

Thank you very much for your answers, I get lots of insight from you. And it feels good to be a part of this family <3

Love and hugs

• Upvote 1