Hope_vZ

Feelings and signs from music

10 posts in this topic

So i am wondering if anybody else has had the same experience as i have...

As a child, my only comfort was in music, so i have always been able to 'feel' through the words and effects of a song. I always knew all the words and could manipulate my voice to sound like the singers, always getting compliments about my singing. I have found that more and more as i find out and follow my true calling that the strangest thing happens.

I created a playlist to kinda boost me on the "low" days, if that makes sense, but now, when i do things that took courage or that just feel right or even am just in circumstances where i am aligned with my real life, i hear all of those songs play on either my car radio or the music playing in a mall or department store or anywhere else... Some days, i hear each and every one of the songs on my playlist playing one after the other as i am driving to or from somewhere and its like it just fills me with hope and faith in myself and my future.

It is like the music is actually like my private fan club, telling me that what i am doing or where i am now is exactly where i should be and egging me on with all the energy this world has to give. Am i just noticing the songs more or what do you guys think? I am open to any opinions...

I hope i am not alone in this, but i suppose it doesn't REALLY matter either way, right? lol. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Hope_vZ said:

As a child, my only comfort was in music, so i have always been able to 'feel' through the words and effects of a song. I always knew all the words and could manipulate my voice to sound like the singers, always getting compliments about my singing. I have found that more and more as i find out and follow my true calling that the strangest thing happens.

I created a playlist to kinda boost me on the "low" days, if that makes sense, but now, when i do things that took courage or that just feel right or even am just in circumstances where i am aligned with my real life, i hear all of those songs play on either my car radio or the music playing in a mall or department store or anywhere else... Some days, i hear each and every one of the songs on my playlist playing one after the other as i am driving to or from somewhere and its like it just fills me with hope and faith in myself and my future.

It is like the music is actually like my private fan club, telling me that what i am doing or where i am now is exactly where i should be and egging me on with all the energy this world has to give. Am i just noticing the songs more or what do you guys think? I am open to any opinions...

I hope i am not alone in this, but i suppose it doesn't REALLY matter either way, right? lol. 

@Hope_vZ I'm really excited to hear you write about this. I've experienced this in my own way since I was around 5 years-old, and my father played Prog-Rock music in his truck while taking me to school. The very first inkling I had about 'feeling' words and music more than normal was when I heard 'Solsbury Hill' by Peter Gabriel. It was the first time that a song allowed me to see images, and experience a longing towards a certain way of thinking. It sounds like you're a sound empath. :) It's an incredible way to experience joy. Especially if you're able to sing! That's so cool. 

It sounds like you're really getting your momentum going with your playlist (I just Spotify, I need to take a cue from you - I'm just a neurotic little DJ,lol), and that you're choosing songs that deeply resonate with you at the core level. That's an incredible awareness of vibration and self. You're also attracting your own songs back to you! 

I experience this in my car driving, and also at times when - as you mentioned - I'm 'exactly where I should be'. Like the fact that all the songs playing while I was volunteering recently were my 'musical besties,' or songs I've been drawing to me on the regs. 

Attracting music, and feeling it is an incredible gift, and it sounds like your calling is going to be a lot of rewarding fun. I'm so happy for you! Really excited to hear this as well since it's very close to what I experience when I sing in my band. It's like becoming the music, not just channeling it. It's becoming one with it. 

You rock. :x 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Hope_vZ said:

You have no idea how good it feels to read those words, @Stephanie Wintermute! Thank you so much! 

With tears in my eyes and a fullness in my heart i feel like i am finally a part of something. And it feels awesome! Yay!:x:D

That makes me so happy. :) I thought I was overdoing it with my post a little. Great, great, great. ^_^

12 minutes ago, Hope_vZ said:

I think that when it comes from the heart it can never be "overdone"! So thank you for not holding back, you are awesome!

11 minutes ago, Hope_vZ said:

"Never hold back when it comes from the heart" - Anonymous

:$:x

On 6/15/2016 at 4:37 PM, Hope_vZ said:

This used to happen to me in a different way.

When I was a kid any song I liked a lot and remembered would sometimes play in my head.  

I wasn't singing it I was literally hearing the song in my head. I would check my phone or my gameboy and they'd both be off. 

I liked it im actually trying to manipulate my abilities so I can do that again.

When I hear angelic reiki I am immobilized in pleasure and with my eyes closed I see white light growing brighter then fading back and forth.

When i play and sing moon chants is when things really get interesting.  Especially when I sing to the moon ?

Hi everyone! After a couple of years of following Teal's teachings, I have just joined this community. This is the first post I was drawn to, which makes sense because music has been my lifelong passion and I am highly empathic, especially with music. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts on it! 

I love those poignant moments when I am listening to my music on shuffle, riding down the road and I think before changing the song "I so need to hear X song right now for how I'm feeling", and then it comes up as the next song on shuffle, out of hundreds. Those are great moments that keep me going. I have also experienced the music playing in my head as if I can recall every note from memory. I haven't experienced the exact same thing as @Hope_vZ with the particular songs of my playlist coming back to me in public, but I do find that I'll walk into a store or whatever and that the song is an exact match to my thoughts and feelings. I wish I had a dollar for every time I thought "I cannot believe this store would be playing this song right now". That happened to me after a very touching and moving moment with the love of my life last Thursday. He lives far away and we cannot be together, but he is a traveling (brilliant) musician and I hadn't seen him in three long years. I've been struggling with suicidal depression (partially because I cannot be with the person that I have loved my whole adult life), but yet this encounter was absolute heaven. To walk away and know that I cannot be with him also feels like I want to die (or am being held apart from a magnet like Teal would say in her soulmate video). Right after I left him, I stopped at a convenience store and they were playing "Knockin' on Heaven's Door". Who ever hears such a song in a gas station? 

Bob Marley said that "one good thing about music: when it hits, you feel no pain". When it hits, I feel understood. I feel like my pain is relatable and that I'm not alone. One needs and appreciates that. With that said, I find that the band Sound Tribe Sector 9 makes music that makes me realize the absolute oneness and connection of everything. I do not feel separate from it, I feel like it becomes me. Especially when I meditate to it. If you feel empathic with music, you should look up this band on Spotify or  YouTube. "Jebez", "Eclipse", and "Modular" and some amazing mediation songs!!! I can feel the energy of it syncing with mine and changing me and becoming me, and I cherish that beyond what words can say. For those of us that are empathic, I think it helps to find the music that emits an energy that you want to entrain with, because I don't always enjoy the other energy that I pick up, and this heals me.