groundhog

Random flashes of memories? Clairvoyance?

5 posts in this topic

Random flashes of memories? Clairvoyance?

I experience flashes of memories throughout the day and during meditation that seem to be completely unrelated to what I'm thinking or doing at that moment. Sometimes they are about negative experiences but many times I feel quite neutral about these images, so I don't think this is a PTSD thing. I also get images of dreams I had or things I've seen on TV, even if that was years ago. Now I read that clairvoyant images can come as personal memories, because the brain translates them into a form that fits our sense of reality. Has anybody experienced this or knows more?

Hi there, 

I too experience the same kind of flashback memories Groundhog. It's been happening to me close to 3 years now. I saw a spiritual counsellor back in 2014 when it started happening and she mentioned it was my 4th dimension (subconscious thoughts) integrating and becoming one - (becoming now into the present moment) I kinda like that take on it, as it was making me feel like I was losing my mind. I didn't get many negative thoughts, just random memories from my childhood, adult life and also dreams too from years and years ago, that pose no relevance I could think of? So strange. But I like resting in the knowledge it's all part of our spiritual journey and coming to an awakening of sorts, and also a letting go of dormant memories and emotions that your subconscious no longer wants to hold onto. As all that matters is the present.  Ive been experiencing  a massive shift in perspective over these years and it isn't hardly happening now as much as a few years ago. Are you in a spiritual growth period?

Thank you for your answers. It's nice to hear it happens to others too ;) I'll do some research about the 4th dimension and what's going on there, that sounds interesting. I started to notice these flashbacks some time after I began meditating regularly, and I've also experienced big internal shifts since then and still do, especially right now actually. So, yeah, I'd say I'm in a spiritual growth period ;) 

That is EXACTLY what I’ve been going through!! Thank you ? I have been feeling so crazy. Every day feels like a constant kaleidoscope of random non-essential memories but they are also so real I feel like I’m there. They are super random neutral memories so i don’t really see the point.

I also have an extremely active dream “life” if you will. I never remember the details of my dreams until I get random flashes during the day and sometimes they feel so real that I get terrible panic attacks. They aren’t scary but I think the feeling is so real that it’s almost like I’m remembering a whole other life that I’m living in the dream world and that’s what freaks me out. It’s not that I have a recurring dream that I’m remembering but like every time I go to sleep it’s the same people around me in the same places, places which are much different than standard dream places, and we’re in new situations every time, like when I go back to sleep I’m picking up on my dream life where I left off. It’s such a strange experience!

Then I also had Deja vu that was different than normal Deja vu, I was at the gym with my boyfriend and I walked up and said something to him and the Deja vu started but it was more like I’ve dreamed this before, which doesn’t usually feel like the origin of Deja vu, and then our exchange was exactly what happened in the dream. I’ve never had Deja vu match up so perfectly that it’s scared me and I had a panic attack right there in the middle of working out! I was able to get my heart rate back down and relax to not cause alarm to others but shit it was weird. Like it felt more psychic than deja vu and it was just so real.

On that note I’m not really sure what’s going on with me, maybe time to start doing more for my psychic side? I’m a full time student so I haven’t been focusing on my spiritual side at all and maybe I’m not going to be able to put it on the back burner anymore...