Garnet

How to get more vit D?

5 posts in this topic

How to get more vit D?

I am looking for ways to add more vit D. I know sunlight is the best source but what are the next best options?

I've looked at some raw food supplements but they have a lot unnecessary fillers and even animal products. Any advice is very appreciated!!! ❤

P.S. also need a good tasting supplement for my son. His teeth are changing and he refuses pills.

Have you thought about the times your out in the sunlight? The times when your shadow is the longest, within two hours after sunrise and before sunset. The sun hits your body at an angle that is more beneficial for you to absorb.

• Upvote 1

I opt for liquid form of vit D - there are also vegan formulas. You can easily hide it inside a sandwich or salad . However, no product comes %100 natural I think.  Other than that, there is a debate going on for sunlighted or uv radiated mushrooms (they can produce D2). I eat lots of mashrooms but I am very deficient in vit D. So I can see the negative effects on my skin and other parts of my body.  For fish - the only animal I eat time to time- does not provide enough vit D unless they are wild - not grown in farms. 

For the fillers and other stuff, I sometimes use reiki and other times nothing. I know that I enjoy cofee, chocolate and many other stuff which include lots of harmful chemicals. Yet, I let myself enjoy the moment :D they are worth it in my case hihi :P I also experienced being very clean - after a long period of detox. It is really cool. Since I cannot be that dedicated all of my life I quited restrictions.  I understand you in your endeavor, and hope you can find the best solution :) <3

https://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-mykind-Organics-Liquid/dp/B00K5NEPLW61U7quVTXlL._SX522_.jpg

This is an under-the-tongue spray.  Works pretty well, even for someone like me who just doesnt absorb VitD very well in almost any form.  It tastes good and your kid won't fight you on it.  

The reason Vitamin D supplements  have animal products is because as far as external sources go, animal products are some of the better ways to get Vitamin D, especially in the valuable D3 form.  Thats partly why I was blown away by this Garden of Life spray, because its vegan and has, for me, outperformed other D3 supplements, even from animal forms.

• Upvote 1