lost

Being angry/triggered easily = emotional wound?

6 posts in this topic

Being angry/triggered easily = emotional wound?

Is getting angry or being sensitive/triggered easily ALWAYS a sign of unhealed emotional wounding? Or could some people be biologically/genetically more predisposed to have those traits? Are some people just "born" more or less sensitive than others?

It's all from current life trauma and past life trauma. I get irritated easily, too, but my anger fizzles out quickly these days. Every time I feel a negative emotion, it doesn't last long.

Anger like other negative emotions are signals that there is something wrong. Use the power of the anger to give you strength to motivate you to dive deep into your soul searching for the wounds that are triggered rather than blaming the trigger for the anger. What triggers us is not what's wrong, it is the wound within seeking healing.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 12/1/2016 at 7:21 AM, lost said:

Is getting angry or being sensitive/triggered easily ALWAYS a sign of unhealed emotional wounding?

Here is what I feel is true for me.  There is a big difference between feeling our emotions such as anger and being triggered by an event that then leads to seemingly uncontrollable and exaggerated emotions and actions.

Feeling emotions of all kinds, including anger, jealousy, hatred, shame, guilt, etc... are all part of the process of knowing what we want and what we don't want.  The model that works for me is:  we create by focusing our thoughts; we experience what we create through our physical body; we understand what we like or don't like through our feelings and emotions.  If we feel painful emotions, it's our Soul telling us we don't like what we are experiencing.  It we do like it, we experience good feeling emotions instead.  I so agree with Teal when she says our emotions are the language of our Soul.

So feeling emotions is natural and part of our process for expansion and evolution.  I believe we are all equally sensitive to our emotions in unique ways, but many of us have been socialized to suppress our emotions.

Being triggered is another matter.  Triggers are created by past, repressed traumas.  Repressed trauma become an automated subconscious program that is constantly on the alert for a similar trauma to occur.  The subconscious runs this program to "save" you from similar trauma.  Unfortunately, LOA dictates that what the subconscious searches for, it finds.  So, you will experience the same painful pattern over and over again.  And, you will react in a similar, exaggerated manner each time the pattern occurs.

• Upvote 2