Oana_TNT

How to stop thinking of someone?

2 posts in this topic

How to stop thinking of someone?

Why can't i stop thinking about my X? 

We had a very good relationship and we had a very healthy brake up. We decided that we both want different things from life and being together would stop us from having a fulfilling life.  I talked to him about everything i had to say and did all the necessarily steps to alow myself to get over him. We decided the day we will brake up a couple of months in advance, we did all the things we wanted to do together, we tryed staying friends after the brake up day, but i was very gelous because i felt that he still belongs to me, he respected every decision i made and did everything to help me be ok, with out compromising his existence.. Now, i asked him to stop any form of contact with me, in the hope that this will help.  And with all this, after over 6 months, every time I'm alone, the thought of him comes in to my mind, and it still makes me cry every day. I completely and unconditionally  accept the fact that i love him. Nomatter what or who he does. I don't want to be with him anymore because we both committed to our individual lifes. I just wish i could stop thinking of him  and feeling pain. I tryed shadow work, staying with the feeling, trying to find out what would this pain bennefit me with, etc... None of my feelings for him changed since we broke up. I love him the same way i always did...

What else can i try to do to stop obsessing about him?   

3 hours ago, walt said:

Emotional connections take time to resolve. I know a woman that needed nine years to let go of her man for good.

Try to avoid absolutes in life as we are fluid creatures. Shutting him out doesn't allow you to have the normal feelings you would have when you see him. 

I know life has to be lived in the moment.  I'm excited about my future and I can't even be in my present at the moment because i always escape in my past, witch feels like torture.. don't really understand what "normal feelings" means. I just know I don't want to spend 9 years crying over something that it'should over..