Veronica Soto

Standing Rock

5 posts in this topic

Standing Rock

Hello everyone. 

What are your thoughts on the standing rock protest and the way they are being treated?

I am very angry! To think that the government could treat people like this!

I'm angry and I don't know what to do about it. Do I go over and stand with them? Would that make a difference? 

What can we as a community do?

It seems that writing to Congress will not change anything, it hasn't up to now!

I'd like to hear your perspective and ideas on it

Thanks

• Upvote 6

My friends and I got together and donated medical supplies, they have a list of things they need most if you look it up. The things are relatively cheap, but if you can afford more, that is welcome too.

• Upvote 5

I am planning to go at the end of December.  Also, donated to the legal fund to get those arrested out of jail.

Having said that, I think our intentions are the most important. 

• Upvote 2

all of this sounds awesome and the congress thing.  when you do enough research and get out there enough, you get in, in a flash.  but it's much faster to do things the rest, all of you have mentioned already.

at any rate. the government thing will be dealt with wonderfully on many fronts.  just focus on things lie your own happiness and activities even like this standing rock event.  it does make a difference.  might even become influential.

Edited by AbsoluteWave
  • Upvote 2