Casey

Anyone being called to move to Costa RIca?!?!

43 posts in this topic

Anyone being called to move to Costa RIca?!?!

Hello!

I've really been feeling called to move to Costa Rica. I would fly out around April 15th to arrive. My only concern is finding a community! It'd be nice to hear from some others being called there or from people there already...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

This is funny :D I keep getting Costa Rica signs from everywhere, and I would not hesitate one second to go if I had the finances. Today has been especially filled with Costa Rica references, and here's anotherone :D

P.S. This thead is number 2222 ;)

Edited by Onestep
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I understand Teal & Ale have a Spiritual "Home"  in Costa Rica...'PHILIA' !

( yeah....im  destined to be a sum if its whole.... ;]

howz THAT for setting INTENTION! ♡☆♡ 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Breeze said:

I understand Teal & Ale have a Spiritual "Home"  in Costa Rica...'PHILIA' !

( yeah....im  destined to be a sum if its whole.... ;]

howz THAT for setting INTENTION! ♡☆♡ 

It's not a home, but a retreat. People can stay there for retreats, just have to pick the week :) More info will be released soon, but it's not a community and not a home :) Just wanted to clear that up :)

• Upvote 3

I've had Costa Rica pop up in my life for the past few months. The first time being me looking at international real estate homes (I love looking at houses for sale to see what they look like ?) But I am only 18, so moving to a new country is not an option for me. I feel called to prepare with what I have now. My dad and I are gathering stuff like soap, medical supplies, hygiene stuff, batteries, food, water, vitamins, and I am starting a garden this spring! Already have my seeds and markers ?When shit hits the fan, I will be level headed and ready to suggest bartering with our neighbors and hopefully starting a community garden in our neighborhood! we live in the country so we have lots of resources like land and firewood etc ?

• Upvote 5

Yes! I am a teacher and my Dream is to create an intentional community around a school both for children and adults that teaches us how to live in intentional sustainable  community. 

I see it as a seed that will allow other communities to be created. You come, you learn, you take the seeds and grow your own community/eco village. I want the basis of it to be a free school.

I applied for a job last week at a school of peace and sustainability there and am feeling it all coming to fruition! With ease! 

It was such a leap for me. Especially right now but I can feel the air and the land and plants calling my family. 

• Upvote 4

20 hours ago, Onestep said:

This is funny :D I keep getting Costa Rica signs from everywhere, and I would not hesitate one second to go if I had the finances. Today has been especially filled with Costa Rica references, and here's anotherone :D

SAME! This is the third time i've seen/heard Costa Rica.

• Upvote 1

haha, WOW. Talk about synchronicity! 

I just opened the forum, to see if there are any intentional communities in Costa Rica! I have also been called there, so I am moving there in January! As a start I am going to do some fieldwork for my Master´s Thesis about Permaculture, and after that we´ll see :)  

I would also love to do some kind of volunteer work in exchange for a place to stay. 

Lastly I am still looking for participants for my Thesis, so If anyone knows about something let me know!

So cool that you are going too :) 

Edited by Line
  • Upvote 4

Wow! I never thought I would see so many people reply to this. My eyes defiantly have tears in them seeing all of you having synchronicity with Costa Rica too! And like I actually have a community!!!

I've been slightly researching a few places that are work exchange. I also glanced at woofing Costa Rica but didn't join yet. My big concern is getting all this courage to go then stepping off the plane and not knowing what to do next. Idk maybe the universe will set something up for us all to be apart of! :)

• Upvote 5

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 4:59 PM, Onestep said:

Do you or anyone think that our debt is starting to not matter? Teal keeps saying the collapse of society is coming soon. To me that would mean money no longer reigns supreme and another form of trade will arise. Also, when Teal talks about the rat cage and what's holding you in, I feel mine is money and that I need to let go and not factor that in any longer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I know how you feel about finances.. I have no second thoughts packing up and move to the other side of the world, away from all my friends and family. But am I worried about money? YEP! I have set up a temporary safety net for myself, so I can live off my student loan in the beginning. At least I know I can support myself at first. And since it is a loan, it sure would be nice if it started not to matter, haha :D I am also really curious about what is going to happen to the economy . 

I have also looked into it a bit, and I have found a few Permaculture farms which accept volunteers and interns. There are also people permanently living there.  Some places are combined with various retreats and others teach homestead skills like carpentry etc. You basically live in a community and in exchange for working and contributing to daily chores you get get food and lodging. I those cases I guess you would have to be into a simple, off-grid life. There are a lot of possibilities, so hopefully something will show up soon! 

And in the mean time I guess I just have to start working on manifesting some money :D 

Let us know if anything interesting comes up!

• Upvote 3

@Casey I don't know how and how soon will we think of a better form of value exchange than money, but for now it is what it is. With everything in my life I also feel most stuck when it comes to money. It seems so ridiculous that I can't seem to figure this thing out. I know how to make money only by working for someone, but this route is not in alignement for me anymore. When it was I was making a good enough living. Now, I wan't to be able to make money with ease without "selling my body and soul" to someone elses company. I am gonna keep going through this thing and I will figure it out some day. I just don't know how or when. And I don't really mind living without money. I'd love to have tons of money, but if I don't have it, I'm okay, I have myself and I'm enough.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

EEEEEK 

:5:

Let's go 

This is so cool that I find you all. Im going to Costa Rica in December for 3 months with a secret stash of ideas to never come back. I live in UK and it is terrible, energy wise. 

:D 

Im like super action orientated so I am gonna give lots of resources:

:star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon:

Firstly I found and bought my flight for £445

Secondly I have secure volunteering work through www.workaway.info 

Thirdly you can check the intentional community register here: www.ic.org 

One I land in Libeira... I take another bus journey south until I reach my little town. 

So yeah book flight for random dates so its cheap: use www.skyscanner.com

When you arrive make sure to have a volunteer position secured and then plan your journey using www.rome2rio.com

These are all super useful resources. :$:$:$

I wanna meet you all when we are out there. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

:no2on-yahoo-emoticon:Relative to money I think it is going out of fashion but not guite yet and what will be a replacement is ENERGY, HEART, ATTENTION. :monkey-yahoo-emoticon:

:loldog:

I love that there is a Teal Swan retreat centre, so many people will be able to heal still. It's good. May they all be blessed with heart-centered peace and harmony. :$

I think for me, money is my rat cage so I just booked my flight, I dont have a lot of money at all, not even saved. Just gonna go out there and rely on all my skills to exchange. 

People in Costa Rica are happy and unconcerned so all of the analysis and worries we have now, when we get there will be funny. 

My intention is to connect to Gaia, in a big way and listen for everything she wants me to experience. I feel like consciousnes is going to expand. I am curious about self-sustainability but mainly adventure into the land depending on what I am guided to do. 

Lots of yoga and meditation to remain grounded in my core: for that I use: Yoga with Adriene YouTube channel. I love her, she love me, we are the playful crew so hop on over and join in. 

You may need yelllow fever jab,but I got mine since when I was living in Africa. So that's ok. U should check. 

As brit I have 90 days allowens to be in the country and then I have to exit for a little while before entering again. 

Also, ESTA is needed for Britain and Europe. 

What else??

I am going to buy a special mosquito net, sandals with hard sole, bikini, oh and SUNSCREEN. 

:star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon::star-yahoo-emoticon:

I think that's it, hey private message me for us to link up when we get out there.  We have to. :D 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

I am still so overwhelmed by the number of people seeing Costa Rica in their life. And im so glad I finally reached out to this community! I finally don't feel so alone in this. Its nice to have a group of people who are also following their hearts and intuition. :)

• Upvote 3