Lucie

How to change our thoughts ?

13 posts in this topic

I have heard this again and again in the spiritual community : change your thoughts from negative to positive ones. I never figured how to do it. Now I have the inspiration to ask you advice : how the hell do you do that ? xD

• Upvote 2

I'm interested to hear peoples responses, I just wanted to add a question or two since I'm interested:

Where do thoughts come from? What's the root of them?

For me, it's being able to stop and observe the negative ones first. A LOT harder than it sounds. So if your thinking something "I feel worthless" or "nothing is going right for me", if you're able to realize your thinking those things as your thinking them, you can stop and willingly think something else, something positive. So if you feel yourself thinking "I am worthless",  stop, and find a positive. Think of some one who cares about you or think of a skill or talent you have that YOU feel proud of. It does take practice because most of the time we are too consumed by the negative feelings. But try to start noticing your thoughts as having them.

thoughts just are, every thought that ever was thought or ever will be thought exists in a pre-manifestation state, and the mind processes them, gathers what is at its hands and sends them - if not asked consciously through focus - by default to the conscious awareness. by integrating mind into consciousness, and allowing a processing of the thoughts into emotion and feeling them, the process of thinking becomes more aware and deliberate. and all thought that has been processed becomes manifestation.

thanks for asking that question, @boxofrain, i had a nice little insight-journey right now :)

@Lucie, i feel it is not about changing them, but consciously choosing thoughts and about disidentifying with them. how to do that? for the first part the key is focus. choose something that you want to focus on, something that gives your mind the message that you are interested in that. for example you could just for the fun of it focus on frogs or bunnies, or something else that is kind of neutral to you or nice, for 5 minutes a day and train your focusing-ability like that, and see what appears in your life. for the second part, mindfulness meditation is quite a nice tool, "let your thoughts drift by like little clouds in the sky" and stuff, and see how with time you recognize, that you are more than your thoughts, you are the thinker and even more, you are the one perceiving the thinker, and then... :)

• Upvote 1

Guest amy f

@Lucie Thoughts themselves cant be changed, in the sense that they are just thoughts. Thoughts in and of themselves can't be changed. They come and go. There is no need to alter a negative thought to change into a positive thought. You are trying to change the thoughts into something they are not. Thoughts are not positive or negative. They are just Thoughts. It is about the energy you give to them. But to answer your question, I think you are asking how to shift your focus to entirely different thoughts then the ones you have been observing? If so, Maybe try and not focus on anything for a while, and simply observe what your thoughts are and don't identify with them. Thoughts will not affect you negatively if they have no power, and they have no power when you are not in the thoughts getting carried away when they show up. Remain where you are present, and just watch them. Even if they are negative. And when you get the hang of this, maybe then from a pure space of emptiness and observation, focus on what you wish to. (: 

@boxofrain I think thoughts were created as a tool for this reality, and i'm not sure if they come from higher dimensions or the mental plane. I think teal once explained where thoughts come from, maybe ask her (: 

17 hours ago, boxofrain said:

Thoughts are just mind's interpretations of the field. The mind picks up information/energy from the field and translates it into a thought that fits/feeds the current scenario. so they don't have a root per se, they are just conductors for the manifestation of that information/energy at this level.

• Upvote 1

Look for inspiration. Change something in your life patterns. Don't beat yourself up for having a negative thought. Accept and let go :)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Collide said:

Look for inspiration. Change something in your life patterns. Don't beat yourself up for having a negative thought. Accept and let go :)

This! ?

On 15 June 2016 at 3:43 PM, Lucie said:

I have heard this again and again in the spiritual community : change your thoughts from negative to positive ones. I never figured how to do it. Now I have the inspiration to ask you advice : how the hell do you do that ? xD

Well you have good and evil or bad.

Now what is good for one person might be bad for the other. For example if you steal food in order to survive.

Actually recently a judge ruled that obtaining food without compensation (s t e a l i n g) if you are hungry and have no money is okay. x)

So everything always has two sides. Polarity, you know? So when you go on a holiday by plane you usually don't think about the air pollution from the plane. In economics they are called externalities. Because the good stuff goes to the company. The externalities just happen, but are not on the balance sheet. They are external.

You can also turn this around of course. If something bad happens, just look at the bright side, in addition to the dark side. And then you see. Without light, there is no shadow. 

On 15 June 2016 at 4:30 PM, boxofrain said:

Edited by Display

!!!!! Interesting I cannot write s t e a l i n g. Because apparently it is filtered out. Go figure.

Edited by Display

@Lucie Oh. The absolute best tip I can think of is to take yourself out of the equation. Try to look at yourself in the third person when you do have to have thoughts that involve you directly or indirectly. You are probably already doing this, even if in an unacknowledged manner. Keep it up!

On 15 Jun 2016 at 5:30 PM, boxofrain said:

I'm interested to hear peoples responses, I just wanted to add a question or two since I'm interested:

Oh, great question! I haven't thought about it before.

A thought is an object in the act of thinking.
Speaking beyond the psyche's interpretation and the subjective experience, thought forms are pre-physical. Abstract shapes, reflecting physical manifestations.
Thoughts are not causally superordinate, but rather consequences of something higher and deeper: raw source energy.

Do I make any sense? I would love to hear others thoughts on thoughts. :D