Sign in to follow this  
Redbeard

What is the receptive state of the LoA?

7 posts in this topic

Dear highly appreciated ladies and gents,

I understand the basic idea of the law of attraction that 'like attracts like', a thought of a certain vibration will attract other thoughts with a likewise vibration and might even manifest physically. This is something that Teal talks about often, but when I look at Abraham-Hicks, they say pretty much the same thing but add that you have to be in a receptive state to get what you have asked for. Did I miss an important part of Teals teachings?

I understand so far that this receptive state is 'where you line yourself up vibrationally to the thing that you have asked for', but what does that mean exactly? At one point I thought that this means that this depends on your emotional state (your happiness) and that the happier you are, the more you are lined up. Which I would interpret as, as long as you are happy you will get everything you ask for. At studying Abraham-Hicks at another occasion, I thought to understand that the receptive state is being non-resistant, which is best achieved through meditation.
Then both Teal and Abraham-Hick say that your emotions are your guiding system. Can I interpret that as: "if I get sad when I think about getting a new blue car, but I get happy when I think about buying a new red car, I know I should get a red car because that is what my emotions tell me?"

Sorry, if this is a bit of a noob question, only recently started learning about all these things and finding and understanding all the right materials is a bit tricky sometimes.
Best of wishes

she talks about channels in the Dublin synchronization workshop in part 6. you just happen to be happy when you are In alignment because you are sort of being your purpose. your emotions are your guide down here and we are supposed to let them flow, just be around kids with bad parents, they will tell them to stop feeling that emotion, when its supposed to flow, its just louder in children, but that's how people feel inside, with that same level of intensity, the kid just lets it flow. you cant lie to yourself if your emotions tell you I'm not having fun or I don't want to be here. if you ignore that then you aren't listening to your internal guidance system. there is no end of the road goal, you achieve what you want and keep desiring, it never ends. and all contrast does is gives birth to new desires, it gives  you that drive, that fire.

19 hours ago, Redbeard said:

[snip]

Sorry, if this is a bit of a noob question, only recently started learning about all these things and finding and understanding all the right materials is a bit tricky sometimes.
Best of wishes

Two vids that helped me these last few days. 

Advice for Empaths
https://youtu.be/nKB71rRZzWI

Abraham Hicks - Letting Go Is Getting Into The Vortex (Clearest Explanation)

https://youtu.be/SfEAbni35rs

Thanks @Alex7 @Mark Joseph Middleton and @Croesus for your answers!

Incidentally I was studying an interview Teal gave about the Law of Attraction and I think that made me understand it a bit more. She says that you and what you focus on need to be of the same vibration in order for it to manifest and I think that that is similar to the receptive state where Abraham-Hicks talk about.

She follows saying that: "Your feelings are a reflection of a vibration that you hold. your world is mirroring your vibration. The way that energy moves, a specific vibration, makes it a cup, a table or a person. Within a person you have multiple vibrations, a vibration relative to money, a vibration relative to every different subject in your life and that vibration is going to be exactly mirrored in your external reality. If I have a negative vibration about money, I manifest a negative situations around money in my day to day life. Our feelings are always the indication of what vibration we are currently holding. If I am holding a negative vibration feeling, all that means is that the vibration of what I want and the vibration of what I am actually focused on or believing are on two seperate spaces. (...) Focussing positively is the best way to increase your frequency until the point where you are using positive focus to escape a negative emotional state. It wich point positive focus becomes a mode of resistance." (rough transcript)

I interpret this that you have to make whatever you are focussing on a part of yourself. Or said differently, you have to truly make it a part of your reality. This could be repeated visualisations of a blue car, or some things might come more natural like a promotion after having the same job for 7 years.
Also note Teal's point on resistance, which I don't really hear back in the words of Abraham-Hicks. Let's say you have a deep core-belief in which you think that you are not worthy of anything, I suppose that will mean that you have to visualize for so long until you truly believe that you deserve a new car. @Mark Joseph Middleton I think this is where you make your point, by feeling the emotion and allowing the reaction you discern if you are dealing with resistance. Am I right?

Cheers

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Mark Joseph Middleton said:

Yes you would need to be of the vibration of that which you are manifesting. The part of you that wants this thing would need to be a match to it. So if its the part of you that feels unworthy of ever getting a car, you won't until you do. But you also might be wanting the experience of someone traveling with you, and the car itself is immaterial, so until you focus on meeting someone to share the journey, the car won't come. Or you might want to feel comfortable while travelling and again the vehicle is immaterial to the manifestation of the comfort, instead your being pulled toward that.
(skip..)

Thus the only real help we can give each other universally, is to try to help each of us clear anything that might be clouding our own perception of an event. That (as well as method) is all any spiritual teacher offers you in the end. Thankfully its something that stays with your consciousness, and thankfully its all that is usually needed.

Mate, those words are so insightful! It does make me understand thinks from an added and mighty interesting depth, but having a way to make it help others is so awesome. So easy and so powerful.

Great stuff!

The receptive state is to stay still and ask to receive love. That is the feminine state of being. The masculine state of being is to give love.

Edited by Atom