lightworker

What is your rat cage?

17 posts in this topic

Im trapped with some people i have to see almost every day who have very primitive goals in life at least from my perspective. I can not really talk with them about their subjects when start talking about fame that one guy with 15k instagram followers does not seem to want anything else in life or another guy who just thinks about money and his lifepath potential probably would be some kind of fraud because he is just that kind of person.. Or when they start talking about the shoes they wanna buy for 1000€ and such.. Or they simply do gossip on people all around. But well sometimes i can talk with them about other subjects so i still think it is better to hang out with them for now than being alone, because people who i could really talk to authentically seem to be a rarity, i will just play my role and stay conscious that it is just an act.

By now i have gotten to a point where there is nothing specific i really want other than to enjoy life to its fullest. Probably a really deep relationship is something that is still missing in order for me to be really joyful to the fullest.

• Upvote 2

The last vestige of my rat cage is having to earn money to survive.  What I really want is to create a new system where we don't have to pay to live on our own planet.  I believe such a new system can be created from intentional communities that also foster being conscious and being whole.    

Edited by Amazawa
  • Upvote 5

what I really want probably wont happen in this life time, maybe it will but I doubt it. I want to live in a world where people are conscious and there's no old biased books about science, its just like a current up to date version of science so it can evolve faster and nobody is making a career selling their books on some old information. People fucking hold on to the current version of truth when 100 years from now we will have new information about it for sure, but people hold on to the old paradigm of truth not wanting to evolve. Whether people want to believe it or not there is spirituality weaved in with life, this is just the way it is and we play dumb not listening to ourselves and are trained not to listen to ourselves because of the pressure of society. I hate being on the autism spectrum in this fucking out of alignment society, and I don't even want to express because we lump spirituality with some kind of mental health problem. I don't think I have a good memory, I think everyone's is bad lol, you can remember past sleep, you can remember the shit you thought throughout the day and see it manifest later. I'm not good at being in this current society, it seems very old and the current version of relationships, jobs, money, food, the way we interact with each other just seems played out. I want freedom more than anything.

my rat cage is not giving a fuck what a sick society thinks of me when I express myself fully, its terrifying though.

• Upvote 5

Right now it's nostalgia for what could have been in my life. Luckily I have a plan to resolve this, hopefully. The plan is simulating "what could have been" and living in that reality for 2-4 weeks to reach resolution.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Neptune said:

My rat cage is caring soooo much about people and society and truth that now I'm stuck here with you idiots trying to wake you all up.

What do I really want? I want people to know and understand the truth. It still shocks me how difficult it is to actually reach people who are stuck in delusions.

I've been there! I used to be the same way. It was a nightmare, I feel for ya. Realizing that it was me who needed to change was very empowering and peace-inducing. Now, the messages I convey come across with much more impact and weight for the people who are ready to hear them, because I've discovered the ability to recognize that everyone is where they are and where they are is fine for them, and has little to do with me, and if they want to change, that's on them, not me. I feel much better now.

I think my rat cage is living alone. I hate it. I feel isolated. I want to love with people (a typo! but I'll leave it because it' true. I meant live), but there is still a huge part of me that doesn't *like* other people or trust them, at all. I love living with others, it's just finding who those people are that I want to live with, and then them wanting to live with me is where I am stuck! Other than that... I'm sure there are other things, but they are minute compared to this one.

Edited by lightworker
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, lightworker said:

because I've discovered the ability to recognize that everyone is where they are and where they are is fine for them, and has little to do with me, and if they want to change, that's on them, not me. I feel much better now.

I so love what you said, @lightworker

My spirit owl once said to me:  "there are no saviors because there are no victims.  everyone is where they are because that is exactly where they want to be.  you are but a servant that lights the lamp so that they may see other places where they may want to be.  the word is the flame, the mind is the lamp, the spirit is the oil."

I have kept those words close to me for the past 2 years.

As for living with people that you love... I share the same desire and I am glad it is slowly becoming a reality for me.  The desire was first fulfilled by online relationships, but the strong emotion of my desire is now bringing people into my physical presence.

I would deeply wish the same for you.  You are an amazing person, and I know many would love to be in your presence. <3

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I guess I'd need to reflect more on this. I already got free of military life after a long career and a retirement from that. I now drive a truck long-haul during the week and it affords me a lot of solitude for reflection. So I guess I'm free of what was my rat cage. It all made me feel sad, upset, out of place, depressed, etc during the final few years of that. So many experiences, internal and external, that I couldn't touch on them in a single posting. I've been inexplicably coming into finding people like Teal and similar spiritual leaders and healers and it wasn't until recently that they are part of my journey, to hear them and learn. But nevertheless random people have stopped in on me throughout this time for a few moments to nudge me in some way and then disappear.

In Teal's video Self Love Process, I guess that reluctance to go there in myself is a kind of rat cage because it's a scary prospect for me. I've been sent over into the recent wars several times during the height of violence and for a long time I've just wanted all of that to stay behind me. All in it's own time.....

• Upvote 1

My rat cage is having gotten everything i wanted in life and being weighed down with responsibility for it. I want to run away, to travel and see places I've not been and do things I've not done. I'm ready to drop this body and fly off into the sun!

• Upvote 1

Not being able to express myself musically. It really feels like my body and voice are a prison because I constantly think about technique when singing. And when I don't think about technique, I hurt my voice.

The need to make money is a rat cage as well. I quit my rat cage of a corporate job, but run out of money pretty soon after that, and now considering to get another job to save a bit of money, quit after about 3-6 months and try again a life without a job. Fuck.

• Upvote 2

my rat cage is being stuck in a job/career I'm about ready to move on from (have been for a loooong while), stress, not having like-minded friends to hang out n let loose with, being a perpetual people pleaser since day dot, CP work that needs doing, and a need to find the real me, find my creativity, humour, passion, joy, power to make a real difference, etc. I've put plans in motion for a CP session as soon as i clear some bills, looking forward to it! Been trying meditations etc and seem to be able to envision all but the actual spirit animal/heart/spirit guide etc centered in each guided meditation, which i am hoping the CP session will disolve that blockage for good, :) so i can develop more, fingers crossed.

• Upvote 1

My rat cage is living a life this is dormant and comfortably numb. Going to school, thinking about getting an 8-5 job. No, that's not what I want. I want to live without any bills, no car, no cell phone, no rent. Every day an adventure. I want to live in community and be out there every day growing plants and living a zero-waste lifestyle. Every day making new connections with people. Lending my hand where needed.

My world is small. I don't help out the person on the street who smiled at me and maybe needed a meal. No because I am on my way to school, own agenda, no time for you only me for wherever I am going. What is this individualized life worth if it is not shared and void of connection? A life that does not further your growth as well? 

• Upvote 2