21 posts in this topic

A place for posting nutritional joys, and exciting, healthy food discoveries. :) Plus, I really just needed a place to share my food creations/finds! This topic isn't geared towards a strictly veggie or vegan diet, so feel free to post what's really helping you feel great when you eat it right now. 

Pics: My basil and edible orchid salad, with a fresh tomato by its side. Visualizing lead me to my higher vibe food source this week, and I feel better than ever. 

True, eating herbs and plants as a primary source of nutrition is a bit of a transition, and doesn't happen over night, but once I conditioned my body to crave the most energy-efficient foods, it was only my imagination that carried me forward after that. 

Thanks to everyone for letting me post what I feel. I'm pretty passionate, and I'm sure that shows through the content. Hope everyone's having a great night. 

IMG_9040.jpg

IMG_9041.jpg

• Upvote 5

Dried split peas! Oh dried split peas, you are so plentiful, store so easily, and can feed us all. You turn into a dal, soup, or stew with equal ease, and are a perfect protein when paired with rice, also abundant. Such is my joy.

Red peppers! Filled with calcium, and the seeds pack so much flavour. Don't throw them out, throw them in!

Spices are a joy to work with, and a mortar and pestle more than doubles the joy.

Asafoetida powder, it smells so cool! Great digestive benefits, to boot.

Turmeric and silken tofu fries up into a perfect scramble, for those good breakfast times.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Akurabis said:

Dried split peas! Oh dried split peas, you are so plentiful, store so easily, and can feed us all. You turn into a dal, soup, or stew with equal ease, and are a perfect protein when paired with rice, also abundant. Such is my joy.

Red peppers! Filled with calcium, and the seeds pack so much flavour. Don't throw them out, throw them in!

Spices are a joy to work with, and a mortar and pestle more than doubles the joy.

Asafoetida powder, it smells so cool! Great digestive benefits, to boot.

Turmeric and silken tofu fries up into a perfect scramble, for those good breakfast times.

*snaps with reverence* 

@Akurabis I volunteer for a food repurposing project in my neighborhood (which is quite the food desert right now), and veggies of all random kinds are coming into my reality lately. I mostly dance when I'm receiving this abundance, but I'm digging your poetry take on it. *snaps again with equal reverence*  

Had this raw vegan burger and salad tonight - take-out from a raw vegan restaurant :D it was quite delicious :)

I find that I feel great since adopting a raw vegan diet - I eat a lot of smoothies at home, and it's always a treat to have something gourmet like this burger from time to time :)

raw burger.JPG

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Garnet said:

@Johanna Forssén looks wonderful! What spices did you use?

Actually, none! (Except for sea salt flakes.) 
I like to play around with spices a lot, but this worked best plain.
The spinach and tomatoes are refreshing. The hemp seeds are playful and cosy. The other seeds are crunchy, salty, earthy. The artichoke is the tart leading role with crips edges. Complements the soft, mild avocado perfectly. *-*
The artichoke was by the way pickled in sunflower oil and sea salt.

Edited by Johanna Forssén
  • Upvote 2

On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 11:34 AM, Johanna Forssén said:

@Garnet Aww. <3
Those are raw and without shells, from the brand Renée Voltaire. It's a Swedish brand, so depending on where you live it might be a bit expensive to ship? I don't know.

Yeah... totaly broke right now :D

I'm gonna ask this question here since it relates to the food topic.

What is nourishment to you?

I wonder because currently I feel unable to accurately tell what my body needs in terms of nutrition. Food/nourishment have been a struggle for me ever since I started becoming aware of what I ate and spiritual stuff. One of the only easy things for me was the quitting of eating meat...like any meat including all "sea meat food" and chicken. That sense was so strong to quitting it, it felt like a switch went on and said: right no more meat and that's that. It was intuition for sure.

Nourishment however feels weird to me, it is a feeling of being nourished and that sense I get from a feminine mother type. I have a challenging time putting this feeling into action, but I can focus on the feeling...I think. Awww man do I really have to provide my own mother, father, and sibling to myself to live happily? -.-'
Sorry I started to ramble on something else :P   

• Upvote 1