Sign in to follow this  
Redbeard

How to get an Out of Body Experience (OBE)

7 posts in this topic

How to get an Out of Body Experience (OBE)

Hello boys and girls,

What are the methods that you use to successfully induce an out of body experience (OBE)?

I am mightily interested in having an OBE and the insights that it might give, but so far I am unsuccessful in inducing one. Teal's video seems to be pretty straightforward, get in a deep state of relaxation and simply stand up out of your body, but I find it quite hard in practice.

I have tried it around 10 times and only twice has a feeling that my body wanted to lift off but I got sucked back in at that point, because I got a bit scared/overwhelmed by that feeling, at least I think that is the reason.

So far I get up around 5-6 am. and do a deep meditation in bed, I find that some binaural beats can help me. So far I have noticed that I not just need to go in a deep meditative state but even have to in a deeper meditate state within that already deep meditate state. It feels a bit like I am mostly consciousness at that point and hardly notice my body.
I also noticed that when I think about me walking to the living room and sit down that I feel that I am being nudged sort of out of my body, but when I actively try to get up from my body, it doesn't really work.

Mighty curious what your techniques and thoughts are.
Cheers

I get to be the first comment? Sweet! :)So, my most vivid experience was after a deep meditation, and I was feeling a vibrational high of sorts at the time. I fell asleep and my mind was absolutely clear of thoughts, because I was so relaxed. I notice that every time I am about to project, my body feels like it's spinning or rocking, usually before I fall asleep. That's just me though... :P

This may sound silly, but the next time you try to have an OBE, I recommend having the intention of going to the grocery store you do your shopping at. The familiarity of the destination will neutralize the worry because you're going to a place you know very well. Once that becomes comfortable, try another familiar place, then another, until these experiences become sort of second nature, then you can go out into other realms and find success :) 

imagine consciousness is like a radio station and this reality is very solid, but there are lots out side of this, you aren't leaving your body you're just changing your radio station, and your brain needs to be shut off to leave this reality, so just go to sleep is the best way to describe it, don't focus on anything just go to sleep and see how much you can remember and set the intension. its not like you question if its happening like its very subtle, you vibrate like crazy and you hear a high pitched sound and you leave this experience into a higher dimension, it could go into a dream, but those higher dimensions are there and you are just using a higher aspect of your consciousness because you exist on all of these dimensions the stream is just going up the dimensions. you're meant to be here, but yeah those other realities exist just set the intention, waking up earlier than I normally do and go back to sleep works.

Cool answers guys!

16 hours ago, Ili said:

I get to be the first comment? Sweet! :)So, my most vivid experience was after a deep meditation, and I was feeling a vibrational high of sorts at the time. I fell asleep and my mind was absolutely clear of thoughts, because I was so relaxed. I notice that every time I am about to project, my body feels like it's spinning or rocking, usually before I fall asleep. That's just me though... :P

Yes, I remember having the craziest and most vivid dreams during my vipassana courses :) But you do anything else besides meditate and just go to sleep. Do your OBE's occur just before you fall asleep in the evening or more during the night when you wake up and go to sleep again?

10 hours ago, Alex7 said:

imagine consciousness is like a radio station and this reality is very solid, but there are lots out side of this, you aren't leaving your body you're just changing your radio station, and your brain needs to be shut off to leave this reality, so just go to sleep is the best way to describe it, don't focus on anything just go to sleep and see how much you can remember and set the intension. its not like you question if its happening like its very subtle, you vibrate like crazy and you hear a high pitched sound and you leave this experience into a higher dimension, it could go into a dream, but those higher dimensions are there and you are just using a higher aspect of your consciousness because you exist on all of these dimensions the stream is just going up the dimensions. you're meant to be here, but yeah those other realities exist just set the intention, waking up earlier than I normally do and go back to sleep works.

Do you really find it that easy to just set the intention and go to sleep again? I often wake up around 5am or so to pee and when I go back to bed I usually think something like: "would be cool to have an OBE right now", but then I usually just pass out again. I do remember feeling my body rocking and hearing very hard noise once, but so far more  nudges that my body is moving or my legs seem to want to fly in the air.

12 hours ago, authorofdarkness said:

This may sound silly, but the next time you try to have an OBE, I recommend having the intention of going to the grocery store you do your shopping at. The familiarity of the destination will neutralize the worry because you're going to a place you know very well. Once that becomes comfortable, try another familiar place, then another, until these experiences become sort of second nature, then you can go out into other realms and find success :) 

Well that is a pretty cool idea :) Last time when I was so focused on going into the living room, I lost my focused because I felt a nudge in my body so I focussed back on my body which left me in a less deep state. It was a sort of fear of a new and unknown sensation to my body that made me focus on it. When I meditate I feel a lot of tingling sensations so I am used to that, but this was certainly different.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Redbeard said:

Do you really find it that easy to just set the intention and go to sleep again? I often wake up around 5am or so to pee and when I go back to bed I usually think something like: "would be cool to have an OBE right now", but then I usually just pass out again. I do remember feeling my body rocking and hearing very hard noise once, but so far more  nudges that my body is moving or my legs seem to want to fly in the air.

I remember I got really into it and would try everyday then one time I went into a blue tunnel with symbols everywhere and this being on the other side, but it scared the shit out of me and I stopped  trying lol. I was like okay its real... I just needed to see for myself. since your soul is a group you could just be experiencing another version of yourself not human, since nobody is from earth, we are just here now. you can try a sensory deprivation tank, I think that would help.

On 18-11-2016 at 5:28 PM, Alex7 said:

I remember I got really into it and would try everyday then one time I went into a blue tunnel with symbols everywhere and this being on the other side, but it scared the shit out of me and I stopped  trying lol. I was like okay its real... I just needed to see for myself. since your soul is a group you could just be experiencing another version of yourself not human, since nobody is from earth, we are just here now. you can try a sensory deprivation tank, I think that would help.

You are right, I would love to see it for myself as well. So much talk about physical reality and non-physical reality that I would love to experience for myself. That tank does sound a bit scary but you might be very right!

• Upvote 1