AbsoluteWave

Wanting to share something with 'yall

14 posts in this topic

I've been feeling rather lonely lately, specially in regards to the forum... ( comparing this to my last blog post makes this look rather depressing ) But I would really like to see more activity here, more inclusion.. not to mention the forum chat thing always seems COLD to me, and it's almost unbearable to even sit in there.  it's like one of those dead sites you come across that were never deleted  ( I gather things like RC are still getting money from the site being UP and people click on the links that would take you there.. lol )
Anyways.  I would really like more people that i can regularly talk to.  I have a few and I LOVE them.  but in regards to this forum.. I wish there was more inclusion going on.  I don't feel like I could ever get to meet you guys in person sort of thing.. that's how disconnected most of us are in here.. i talk alot about organizing meetings and things but nobody seems to pursue the ideas with me.

@Amazawa @Haidar1996

@Tessa Rae @Chakra @Alex7 @Kim @Wind @Pastor George @Amit @CherieJ

• Upvote 6

omg omg yes i can see that you pour your heart and soul in the words you say and few comes in and  it does feel draining yaaaas omg 

i thought i was crazy i thought these people are connecting and etc ..but yay i'm not crazy this forum is semi dead ....and it's hard for people just to express the authencity right away or the fear of being judged or saying the wrong thing still lurks within some and me 

but what do you think we should do to add more inclusion ?...did you try tagging different keywords in your posts ?....that's a bit minor but hay this is my first idea

:P:P:P

• Upvote 1

@AbsoluteWave I think patience is the key to everything good that takes place. Considering this site has started in june, we should give it a considerable time. Many people around the world or in our locality dont know Teal swan and her site. For example i am the only one guy in Bahrain, last 4 months no one has turned up to this site but i am not losing hope. However, when i am not on this site i use my time to go around and spread her teachings to people i talk. Thus i feel connection with them and i dont feel lonely. I would suggest you use your time to go around and meet people. 

I am busy lately because i am moving to India in a weeks time and planning to take it to another level. See...we know the path now and its our job to walk that path. Take care...world wont rise to her teachings unless we share it with them with our active participation.

• Upvote 1

@AbsoluteWave For me, I find connecting through Facebook much easier than connecting here.  So, I spend most of the limited free time I have there instead of here.  However, I do love Teal's vision of having a place where people like her teenage self can go to seek help and connection.  People who have no one else and nowhere else they can turn to.  I remember her mentioning this site as her way of fulfilling that vision.

I have also found online connections often enhances the feeling of loneliness.  Once the connections are made, there is a longing for physical presence that can be overwhelming.  That is why I am so focused on creating opportunities for myself to meet like minded people in person and looking forward to living in a community.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Amazawa said:

@AbsoluteWave For me, I find connecting through Facebook much easier than connecting here.  So, I spend most of the limited free time I have there instead of here.  However, I do love Teal's vision of having a place where people like her teenage self can go to seek help and connection.  People who have no one else and nowhere else they can turn to.  I remember her mentioning this site as her way of fulfilling that vision.

I have also found online connections often enhances the feeling of loneliness.  Once the connections are made, there is a longing for physical presence that can be overwhelming.  That is why I am so focused on creating opportunities for myself to meet like minded people in person and looking forward to living in a community.

Totally agree!  And the last bit was very true for me.. even if it's just to be near the person virtually again.. And in my situation.. ALL I have is the internet.. and people here are SO against waking up.. and even the unique people, young and old seem to also have a tiny bit of resistance to them.. like that couple I told you I met.. I'll try to keep myself close to them and make things happen but i have no real powerful traits to speak of.. and in a country i don't even understand, let alone the one i came from...

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Amit said:

@AbsoluteWave I think patience is the key to everything good that takes place. Considering this site has started in june, we should give it a considerable time. Many people around the world or in our locality dont know Teal swan and her site. For example i am the only one guy in Bahrain, last 4 months no one has turned up to this site but i am not losing hope. However, when i am not on this site i use my time to go around and spread her teachings to people i talk. Thus i feel connection with them and i dont feel lonely. I would suggest you use your time to go around and meet people. 

I am busy lately because i am moving to India in a weeks time and planning to take it to another level. See...we know the path now and its our job to walk that path. Take care...world wont rise to her teachings unless we share it with them with our active participation.

Yeah, I know this.. I was new when this site started to boom..   I will give it a chance.. Sorry for my despair..  I've seen sites and things die many times before..

• Upvote 1

I've been a member of the old teal tribe for a long time and on this one from it's first days, because the old one was closed when this one opened, so a few people migrated here. having seen both of them now, the old one did seem more connected and alive somehow, even in it's slowest days. 

i can't say what is different here from there, but something definitely is. that was more like a tribe of people, this more like a tribe of usernames. I have no idea why, it's just how it seems to be. 

isn't this what are you talking about, @AbsoluteWave ? a sense of disconnect, like the glue would be missing?  like building with stones and without mortar. topics arise and fall and is like there's no follow up, like there is no 'building up' somehow, like it  (the forum/community) doesn't grow.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, AbsoluteWave said:

I've been feeling rather lonely lately, specially in regards to the forum... ( comparing this to my last blog post makes this look rather depressing ) But I would really like to see more activity here, more inclusion.. not to mention the forum chat thing always seems COLD to me, and it's almost unbearable to even sit in there.  it's like one of those dead sites you come across that were never deleted  ( I gather things like RC are still getting money from the site being UP and people click on the links that would take you there.. lol )
Anyways.  I would really like more people that i can regularly talk to.  I have a few and I LOVE them.  but in regards to this forum.. I wish there was more inclusion going on.  I don't feel like I could ever get to meet you guys in person sort of thing.. that's how disconnected most of us are in here.. i talk alot about organizing meetings and things but nobody seems to pursue the ideas with me.

@Amazawa @Haidar1996

@Tessa Rae @Chakra @Alex7 @Kim @Wind @Pastor George @Amit @CherieJ

you can pm me anytime. i suppress my authenticity even though i can see patterns in everything and see when a belief isn't their own, just passed on. if i ever say something offensive or anything like that it isn't my intention, just my own bullshit.

the old teal tribe was a lot more better i think, stuff here gets lost and not everything gets seen, the old would have like a dot that told you you haven't seen this post yet, and here its just the first of do you have a question or shadow work and anything behind the first one doesn't get seen. it was all together, not separate.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, mufhry said:

I've been a member of the old teal tribe for a long time and on this one from it's first days, because the old one was closed when this one opened, so a few people migrated here. having seen both of them now, the old one did seem more connected and alive somehow, even in it's slowest days. 

i can't say what is different here from there, but something definitely is. that was more like a tribe of people, this more like a tribe of usernames. I have no idea why, it's just how it seems to be. 

isn't this what are you talking about, @AbsoluteWave ? a sense of disconnect, like the glue would be missing?  like building with stones and without mortar. topics arise and fall and is like there's no follow up, like there is no 'building up' somehow, like it  (the forum/community) doesn't grow.

exactly!!  I got Alex7 to explain himself and he told me this! 

"I don't remember what I said. just that it would be nice if everyone was self aware so even strangers know that you create your reality and you are only a mirror and we are supposed to evolve, then we could have connection right away with everyone. that idea sounds nice."

these two things match so well.

Blegh sorry this took me a while to see!

My car's been broken down, and I've been kind of an anxious mess because I don't know how to buy a car... Then the place it was at towed it so I basically lost half of my money x . x I feel like I might be falling into that stereotype of the ungrounded, artsy, spiritualist type... too irresponsible to function in the real world. ://

I didn't know you had a blog though! What is it? I'd love to read :) Anyone else have a blog? I'm at dare-to-become.blogspot.com, still starting out but fuck it, I am working on accepting myself where I am ^-^

I've also been struggling with loneliness... some of my friends purposely excluded me from going to a concert with them, which hurt super bad. They didn't want me to go because there was this guy going who hates my guts, and I guess neither of my friends wanted to deal with it if any bullshit were to happen because of him. I was reading an article about it, and apparently it hurts even if we're rejected by people we hate! Haha. That lead to some darkness... I just hope nothing too bad manifests as a result of that storm... x)

• Upvote 4

@Tessa Rae, you had a past life once that was dull and full of everything that you think you are lacking in this life, however, you were unhappy.

I can relate to what you are saying, because I think I'm becoming that artsy unattached spiritual type as well. It's beautiful though. Don't be ashamed, one day it will be cool to be like us, and guess what? We are already there.... booyah! Fuck you everyone else, I am free and finished with any man-made illusion.

• Upvote 4

@AbsoluteWave: I completely agree with you, this place feels cold and sterile. I feel a bit intimidated even before I post or answer to any post here. 

For me this is the only place I could have discussed my feelings and difficulties and my spirituality. But I feel afraid and rejected before I even write a single line and I don't really know why. 

I'd love to make connections and friendships in this forum but I have found this very difficult.

• Upvote 3