Dirty_Harry

Disappearing Objects

3 posts in this topic

Disappearing Objects

I would like to get others' thoughts on a phenomenon that seems to be accelerating.  

I have a little teacup on my desk.  It probably holds 4 fluid ounces of liquid (a little over 118 ml).  The kind with no handle that many Chinese restaurants use.  Every morning, for the past 2 months or so, I cut a small Lasix pill in half for my Shih-Tzu.  She gets half in the morning, and the other half goes into the teacup for use in the evening.  Tonight, I reached into the cup to pull out the half pill that was in there.  For the first time ever ... no pill.  Hmmm.  That's odd, I've never lost half a pill before.  So I picked up the cup and looked inside.  No pill.  So I searched all over my desk, seeing if had been misplaced.  No pill.  I then picked up the teacup to set directly in front of me, since I was about to cut another pill.  And there inside the cup was the missing half pill.

This was not a "schitoma," where I see it but my mind blocks it out, because I first felt inside the cup with my fingers, as I always do.  There was no pill in that cup.  I have never once failed to pull out the 2nd half pill for more than 60 days just by reaching my fingers in it.  Then I checked it visually - no pill.  Then suddenly the pill was there in the cup.

What do you think causes this???  One theory is that we are constantly gliding through parallel reality "frames," like frames of a film or video; we do it so fast that our net conscious experience is one of passing time.  The theory holds that we can and do alter our path through the selected frames oodles of times.  Maybe this was one such shift.

Any other ideas?

• Upvote 1

It might be about parallel reality,

Another possible theory could be that the way we perceive reality (similar things happened to me, but I just refused to believe it because it's easier to accept that I was not careful for some moments, or my sight deceived me, yet the last time it happened was pretty obvious. I was searching for something in my room and I searched all over it, then I went to the other room, came back and it was where it was supposed to be on the first place, the place I searched for several times while searching around the room. So this last experience was a little harder to attribute to any normal logic, yet about 2 months passed since then and i just remembered the experience while reading your post). 

With the way we perceive reality i mean literally switching our focus from this dimension to another one involuntarily for some moments. 

Another theory that might be possible it could be that some higher being prevented sommething from happening by postponing our further action for some minutes.

I'm also noticing what I like to think of as "glitches in the matrix" are happening with increasing blatancy and frequency. Just earlier this week my wife and I were walking downtown when we were passed by two young ladies out jogging in the cold morning. We commented to each other about how cold they must be in their jogging shorts and walked quickly toward the car. About a block up as we got to our car we were very surprised as we watched the same two ladies go by again from the same direction they came from the first time. We're pretty familiar with the streets and alleys downtown and don't think it's possible for them to have gotten back there in such a short time even if they were sprinting. I'm not sure if we experienced some form of quantum jumping but I can't help but think it's like when your dreaming and notice something out of place and realize this is  a dream. The universe is trying to show me its fluid nature and that I can be the lucid dreamer even in the "real world".

• Upvote 1