Stephanie Wintermute

For Those About to Ground

8 posts in this topic

I've been using this grounding technique for about a year now, and it so helps:

I keep a little square rug by my bedside, and after my meditation sessions every morning, I stand on my little rug, and scrunch my toes into it. I just take a few minutes to let my awareness drain back into my physical body. I also do this when I return home, after I've washed my hands to reset my energy. 

This may seem oddly familiar to you. Well, for those of us who've seen 'Die Hard' (yes, 'Die Hard.' The best X-Mas movie of all time), there's a scene in the beginning where a fellow passenger on a plane tells John McClane (the main character) to 'make fists with his toes' on carpet to help with his jet lag. The idea behind jet lag essentially (according to Matt Kahn (True Divine Nature) , which I agree with), is that when moving from place to place, you're moving a lot of energy. Thus, scrunching on the carpet would be grounding

It works for me, and I thought I would share it here. Yes, the Die Hard reference may seem a little callous, but it makes just too much sense. 

• Upvote 6

21 hours ago, Ana said:

This is very interesting, Stephanie. Would a red carpet perhaps intensify it? I have one in my living room that is really flully. I will try it out.

Thank you for sharing :) 

Oh, I'm sure the rug can be any color, I just wanted it to feel like I was standing on a bed of grass as much as possible! Any rug will do, really - if the strands aren't that long, or it's commercial carpet, just scrunch your toes a bit more. I used to do this in church too, as a little girl, and it helped me feel better when I didn't agree with what people were saying. It was blue, and I used to pretend I was 'walking on water,' all the time, lol. All the sacrilege. I'm sure Jesus would have approved, though. ;)   

• Upvote 1

This sounds great -- and so simple!  Thanks for sharing this special little nugget, Stephanie.  I can't wait to try it!  :D

Coincidentally I discovered this recently also. Yet I do this while walking. In toe shoes however. The think is, when you do that, you engage muscles and tendons right up to your shoulder blades. Or to better say. Disengage. And if you disengage muscles, what happens? Blood vessels get unsqueezed and blood flow increases.

Result: Ability to balance out the body by letting blood flow to regions that were blood starved due to tension.