karinar

I can not connect with my emotions

10 posts in this topic

I can not connect with my emotions

Hello, I did therapy for many years to heal problems of my childhood. I cry whenever I want, but I still have a problem in relating to people. I know why that is, I know all my childhood memories and my traumas.
Now the problem is that when I try to do the completion process I can not connect with the emotions to heal them. I guess I cried too much during my years of therapy or I have a defense mechanism in which I disassociated myself from the trauma.
Can I follow the process yet without feeling a deep emotion in this case?

(Sorry for my inglish.)

• Upvote 1

Teal explains that it is best to do CP when you are triggered by an emotion.  Emotions are like a rope you can use to access the traumas related to the emotions.

Are you currently being triggered by certain emotions?  And, are you willing to dedicate yourself to explore those emotions when they are triggered no matter what you are doing at that moment?

Trying to do CP without a triggered emotions is like trying to climb a thread instead of a rope. 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Amazawa said:

Teal explains that it is best to do CP when you are triggered by an emotion.  Emotions are like a rope you can use to access the traumas related to the emotions.

Are you currently being triggered by certain emotions?  And, are you willing to dedicate yourself to explore those emotions when they are triggered no matter what you are doing at that moment?

Trying to do CP without a triggered emotions is like trying to climb a thread instead of a rope. 

Yeah, that's probably, thanks

A few days ago I did the CP again and the problem is that I feel that I am mentally acting everything that happens, I can not feel it, but when I connect with the emotion and try to enter into it instead of escaping, the emotion disappears.

After that, start spontaneous scenes that have nothing to do with the exact memory of the trauma, but if they have a very strong emotional load.
And the emotional intensity grows. For example, a scene where I appeared in a lake of lava that had to cross. Then another scene where I was in a dark room hitting a window to be rescued

• Upvote 1

Hi Karinar, I am a CP Practitioner, It is very common for the emotion to "disappear" when we try to engage in The Process. When this happens, focus on whatever you feel in the moment the emotion disappears and stay with that feeling. Do you feel frustrated? Abandoned, stuck, lost? Be with the feeling of loosing the emotion and stay with that.....continuing the process from there or simply being with the different emotions that stem from this....

• Upvote 3

The sensation disappeared when I was in a scene where I was sexually harassed when I was a child. I felt a little sad but mostly it was intencificó when I made the resolution for that scene and I brought it to my father (who died before it happened to me).
No one knew until I said it as an adult, so I felt ignored and rejected, as if it were the last priority for my family.

But the most intense emotions came with the scene of the lava and the dark room.

It's that I do not know if I'm doing the process well or I'm evading the emotion. 
I see it as that the feelings are appearing in layers until reaching the deepest, like a mamushka.

• Upvote 1

On 11/17/2016 at 0:53 PM, karinar said:

But the most intense emotions came with the scene of the lava and the dark room.

@karinar, I have come to see CP as a natural process of rebirth where your Being is leading you to healing and wholeness.  So, I treat whatever comes up as valid and allow them to be felt emotionally.  In your case, if the most intense emotions come from these scenes, then fully feel them.  After the intensity subsides, they may lead you to other scenes or they may lead you to a trauma.  Trust that whatever comes up is exactly what needs to come up and follow your intuition on what to do next.  Let the rebirth process take its natural course.  Trust it. 

As you do this, you may encounter many defense mechanisms designed to protect you from the pain of past traumas. I highly recommend that you reread what Teal has written in her book about these defense mechanisms.  They can come in many different forms, so it's like playing a chess match with your ego.  The key is to allow and not resist.  Each person and each session of CP is unique.

I send lots of support for you to become whole again. <3

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Amazawa said:

@karinar, I have come to see CP as a natural process of rebirth where your Being is leading you to healing and wholeness.  So, I treat whatever comes up as valid and allow them to be felt emotionally.  In your case, if the most intense emotions come from these scenes, then fully feel them.  After the intensity subsides, they may lead you to other scenes or they may lead you to a trauma.  Trust that whatever comes up is exactly what needs to come up and follow your intuition on what to do next.  Let the rebirth process take its natural course.  Trust it. 

As you do this, you may encounter many defense mechanisms designed to protect you from the pain of past traumas. I highly recommend that you reread what Teal has written in her book about these defense mechanisms.  They can come in many different forms, so it's like playing a chess match with your ego.  The key is to allow and not resist.  Each person and each session of CP is unique.

I send lots of support for you to become whole again. <3

Thank you so much :D

• Upvote 1

I share this CP a few days ago, I did a sleepless night

I was in a dark room, in which a human figure appeared hidden behind a haystack. She was very ugly, so much so that her figure was not clear. It was deformed and dark, had holes and holes everywhere, trembled, frightened and she was frightened too, so much so that she could attack me at any moment to defend herself.
I let him get closer to me and I gradually felt an agony, discomfort and fear increase in me. As I was afraid of her, I gradually changed her to a luminous female figure to transmute that fear. But before long I felt that I had been wrong to change it so quickly. I felt I had to stay with her a little longer. Then it returned to its original form and I kept with it, was a figure of shadows that still made me feel uncomfortable and gave me much pity, anguish and shame. But I take her to a nice place, with a beach and a grill. I treated her like a friend or sister, I prepared some food on the grill and at that moment, with her back to her, I felt she wanted to kill me, while I was on my back, although I was afraid, I kept quiet and did not I turned to see it. I served the plate of food.
After that I wanted to remove the hood that covered her, to change her appearance a little. But he forced himself back to his former appearance, so I did not try any more and left him as he was. I asked her to go to the beach to swim, there were people and I was very embarrassed walking with her among the people, but I did. We began to swim and already inside the sea she began to move with great dexterity and rapidity in the water, it looked like a marine serpent.
When I saw her swim I was surprised and asked her "You like this place, right? At that moment I lost my fear and began to see it differently.
She stood in front of me and with a gesture she replied "Yes". She put her hand in the center of my chest as a sign of gratitude and I felt she was telling me that I could go and there came to me a feeling of anguish, attachment. I was anxious to leave her.
I left the sea and like a snake I took off a layer of skin that I left on the sand

• Upvote 3