littlespoonsway

What do you think an intentional community should be?

12 posts in this topic

What do you think an intentional community should be?

What do you think an intentional community should be, and why don't we have more of them currently?  Especially considering how the millenial generation should be banding together amidst these times of economic difficulties (go read old economy Steve memes).  And would you like to be in an intentional community?  

• Upvote 1

I would but the people would have to be super self aware and have communication with everyone or theres going to be arguments and butting heads. have that you're me I'm you, I will do all I can to help you out, but it has to be mutual or it wont work, and accept people where they are or they cant move past it because that's an impossible standard to reach. an agreement that we are all evolving and dealing with our shit and we don't have to do that alone since its a community. having that relationship with strangers would be cool, if everyone was self aware and was connected to their higher selves, that sounds nice :)

• Upvote 2

I'd love an intentional community! My ideal would be a permaculture  intentional community. Of course there has to be a conflict resolution... A committee of sorts because there is bound to be conflict no matter how enlightened the community is

• Upvote 1

Yes... conflict resolution is key.  Teal also mentions how to handle people who are focused only on their own needs without regard for others.  I agree with her observations that there are many like this in the "spiritual communities."

• Upvote 1

From my perspective trying to figure out what a community should be is like trying to figure out what a family should be. Every community is going to be as individual as the people who belong to it.

I’m very interested in permaculture and off grid communities, as the universe has been preparing me for the coming storm for some time. I live in a poor neighborhood and the closest We've been able to manifest is a group of urban farmers. I don’t think Americans are ready to accept the coming changes, so they don’t see the need to work together yet.

• Upvote 2

EDIT:  30 Sept. 2017
After al this time past know I didn't started this community.
I tried, even openen a FB group but there was no interest in it. 

But I know that one day I will live in one. 
And for the moment I do my ashtanga yoga, live life and heal broken parts of myself :5:

---------------------------

I want to start an intentional community. 
I have a peace of land on my house from 3450m² (I'm from Belgium)

My thought on this is to build tiny houses. I guess there can be between 8 and 12 houses. 
They al need to be plugged in on system with water purification for grey water (permaculture system). Al having compost toilets and no use of chemical substances. 
The community needs to be a vegan community. 
I already planted a lot of trees (fruit and others)

My idea is (since I don't have the money), that interested people build there own house on the land. 
I am thinking also t o make people pay to the community (so not to me!) their rent for the land. 
With that money the work on the land and the house renovation can be done. I will move into a tiny house to and the main house becomes the community house. 

In the community house there will be held vegan cooking workshops (raw and cooked), readings, ceremonies. 
My library with books stays in the house for the community (and other put in their books as well)

I have many more ideas in this one but I don't know how to start this up legally... (for know).

So yes, my thought on intentional community and how I could build one maybe... (still figuring things out since the idea hit me just a few days ago)

Greetings
Nathalie x

Edited by animal1dancer
  • Upvote 6

On 11/25/2016 at 8:24 AM, animal1dancer said:

I want to start an intentional community. 
I have a peace of land on my house from 3450m² (I'm from Belgium)

My thought on this is to build tiny houses. I guess there can be between 8 and 12 houses. 
They al need to be plugged in on system with water purification for grey water (permaculture system). Al having compost toilets and no use of chemical substances. 
The community needs to be a vegan community. 
I already planted a lot of trees (fruit and others)

My idea is (since I don't have the money), that interested people build there own house on the land. 
I am thinking also t o make people pay to the community (so not to me!) their rent for the land. 
With that money the work on the land and the house renovation can be done. I will move into a tiny house to and the main house becomes the community house. 

In the community house there will be held vegan cooking workshops (raw and cooked), readings, ceremonies. 
My library with books stays in the house for the community (and other put in their books as well)

I have many more ideas in this one but I don't know how to start this up legally... (for know).

So yes, my thought on intentional community and how I could build one maybe... (still figuring things out since the idea hit me just a few days ago)

Greetings
Nathalie x

You have it quite figured out!  I love hearing everyone's thoughts and ideas about this.  Many of my friends don't live where I'm from anymore, so all I have right now is my family, although I'd love to try to have a community someday.  

My wife and I live on 2 acres with four dwellings. We call ourselves Recovery Ministry Community and prefer to rent to people who are in recovery. We now have two of her adult children living on the property with us. Living as a community is a process, a dynamic process where the relationships flow and change. Some of our tenants are more involved in the community some less. We have little formal organization but lots of interaction. 

Intentional community is people living together for a purpose. It may be a therapeutic purpose or a political purpose or a social purpose or a spiritual purpose. It can be governed by rules or it can evolve organically. We chose to"build it and they will come." Knowing some of the people attracted here would not be healthy and that there would be challenges and chances to heal minds and hearts as well. We've had some successes and some failures but we've learned and grown through them all.

• Upvote 2

Great topic, almost done :)

i am dreaming about this since long time and had some ideas, and though i love solitude, its somewhat my priority, also want to be inspired and am very inspired when around some people, so that Would probably make me a better person, more humane. I do however am also often intolerant and tensed so conflict resolution is essential, Conflicts are essential, otherwise all just a lie. Anyway, i would incorporate all, i mean ALL sorts of expression, creativity, creation, sustainability, group healing, group connection to source manifesting stuff maybe, or just rather like all sorts of communication, no like egotistical fear based intentions but rather pure desires and effectuation, omg biggest wish---> practicing exercicing all sorts of multidimensional skills, telepathy, telekinesis, communication, channeling, instant manifestation, (and others that i dont remember now or am not familiar with) but all just for fun and expanding, no will for domination, power involved, pure interest, will, and need; labor/crafts/knowledge exchange, "exorcism" - (whoever is capable and intended for what)...

i love how Teal says about her community in an older video: Creative chaos, i liked that. I like also like all sorts of talents there, personalities, but maybe i am just delusional cause a sustainable community can only be consisted of like 20 ppl max maybe, you tell me, i dont know, because more would be a true drama, But! if we never or at least not too much identify with our shit, we will do dramas exercices, psychology techniques, analizying every single thing maybe, treat it, and eventually reach harmony. Also, i would like a center for children there incorporated in the community location, where they will be part of us, also moving it, liberating themselves, empowering them to become strong in todays world and fight with love and determination :))) haha

also a healing center for adults, retreat center yes, where all sorts of approaches will be incorporated, depending on the need

tantra too, important, although all this comes naturally with awareness 

also animals, lectures yes, exercising public speaking, theatre, amateurish as well as professional dancing, painting, modelling, design, photography, cinema, music, in, out...

there, @animal1dancer, did you do any of what you wanted now? thanks

@littlespoonsway, what are your ideas wishes? how would You do it?

hugs

btw, i have ZERO people, :) or know someone doing this already, but yes, people should be all pretty aware

and not Macedonia for sure, its too tiny for this idea/ project / intention

anyone? ?

i am not yet ready though, i think, am sure actually

or am just too much of a sissy :P

or maybe we shouldnt make people come to us, but we go to them... hm

love...

Edited by Mai-da
  • Upvote 1

.. long time ago I've watched movie:

and by reading this topic strongly resonates to me, we are as these birds, people regularly migrating, and beside of wonderful ideas above, we have to admit we are growing and expanding spirituality, and expanding needs a flow, I'd suggest all types mentioned above is perfect, I'd would be included camping sites for spiritual pilgrims in each country.

best wishes

I would love to live in an existing intentional community with children to learn from those around me how to live freely without the addictions socialization have instilled in us. A place where I have the opportunity to learn and teach without fear.

• Like 1