springhaze86

Spirituality 3.0: Distinction

3 posts in this topic

Spirituality 3.0: Distinction

Hey everyone, 

I've gotten to a bit of a stuck place in my understanding of what Teal describes as the stages of awakening (1.0, 2.0, 3.0) and was wondering if anyone could offer insight. I've experienced a lot of severe emotional and psychological trauma in my life, especially in my early twenties (soon to turn 30). I am highly aware of my own duality, although I sometimes have difficulty discerning between what falls into the realm of fear vs the realm of love and tend to identify with my depressed and fearful thoughts quite a bit. I believe I'm hovering in the 2.0 level; I'm understanding that the only way through suffering is directly through, and that letting go of resistance to it is how I can finally be WITH myself instead of dissociating. Sometimes I fall into the realm of 1.0 when the pain is too much, but when I start to focus on what is wanted (to feel good) and try to change my thoughts and feelings, I end up feeling even worse due to the resistance. However, my mind continues to look for some sort of alternative that is non-resistant in nature, which I believe exists in the realm of choice, which is 3.0. The concept in 3.0 is obviously choice, but my question is, choice based on what? If we don't really feel desire anymore nor a sense of lack, then where do we turn our focus when it comes to choice? What is the driver there? I feel like I'm standing in the middle of the infinity symbol, but have no clue what to do when I wake up in the morning, or throughout my day. If I am whole and complete and nothing is missing, what do I do? If creating movement in the world is 1.0, then what is a person supposed to do in 3.0? I know it varies from person to person, but how can I know what direction to go when I don't feel inspired towards anything? It's important to allow the pain, but I still have to begin to make some sort of choices regarding my life, otherwise I'll be in bed all day, completely motionless and weighed down by the depression. 

I've tried to watch "tea time with Teal, a deeper look at spirituality 3.0" on her podcast but it appears to have been removed or made private unfortunately. Any thoughts or comments or insight on this topic would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks! 

• Upvote 1

spirituality 3.0 is basically being in the now, have u heard of Eckhart tolle? teal is very close friends with him, his book the power of now is basically spirituality 2.0 and 3.0 where ur desire comes from higher self not from lack, where u are in the present moment. not in past or future with ego.

On 11/10/2016 at 9:04 PM, springhaze86 said:

If I am whole and complete and nothing is missing, what do I do? If creating movement in the world is 1.0, then what is a person supposed to do in 3.0? I know it varies from person to person, but how can I know what direction to go when I don't feel inspired towards anything? It's important to allow the pain, but I still have to begin to make some sort of choices regarding my life, otherwise I'll be in bed all day, completely motionless and weighed down by the depression. 

I think a lot of it depends on the resources available to you. I've noticed that many people lose their desire/inspiration when they can find a resource for it (including money, but it's not always the case). I personally struggle with time. Finding resources  has always been relatively easy for me, but it seems like i can't align with them in a timely manner. And i don't know why.