llama

Do I belong here

8 posts in this topic

Do I belong here

Hey Tealers!

Recently I've been wondering about if I really belong to this world.

I was an introverted straight A student, but somehow I'm having trouble keeping up my grades and I find myself sitting in class tearing up thinking that I don't belong in here.

I don't belong in this educational system. I don't belong in this society or this economy.

And seeing the election results makes my heart ache. I feel like I don't belong in the United States anymore.

I don't feel like I belong anywhere.

Was I even meant to be here? My internal guidance system says yes, but this reality I live in excludes me.

I have been fighting hard and been putting college and being successful as my number 1,

but now I'd rather live in a community where I can be myself and be free.

I dream for a place where I can live with a group of people I feel a sense of belonging to, where we can eat healthy, be creative, be myself, feel stable, be spiritual....

Ugh, knowing my soul group would really help, but I am not extrasensory :(...

Well, please give me some advice and I hope one day, we can all be together and feel a sense of belonging. 

• Upvote 3

Guest amy f

Hi! I don't think anyone ever truly feels like they "belong" here or anywhere. I personally just feel like I don't belong anywhere. Not on this planet not in this universe just no where. As sad as that sounds, there is a freedom in this and I'm trying to make peace with Being here even tho I'm left with no answers. It is a process but also a choice which I am learning to. I'm not exactly happy but growing I think. I haven't exactly found peace yet if I did I'd let you know how I did it. I do find that simply being present with myself , and just being helps a lot. Not sure if that is easy for someone who does not or is not experienced in meditation I've been doing it for years so it's Easier for me sometimes not all the time. Pure silence and presence for me is a space of peace and I don't need belonging I am fine where I am. In this space there's no longing and not a lot of  activity going on but I am  aware of the activity around me .this has helped me in times of feeling like commuting suicide. 

Your people are out there but they are also in here where you are. Find yourself and your people will come to you i think. I feel you and you can pm me if you want ? your not alone  

Edited by amy f

Everyone has a place in this world. Sometimes it takes long, hard journeys to make it there. Sometimes, once found, it changes, as do you, and once more you find yourself searching. However, as long as you trust your heart, use your mind, and be nothing but your true self, you will find your place in life.

• Upvote 2

I know, I'm like I wish I was European, id know a couple of languages and have a free or cheap education and travel more because everything is closer to me. there's contrast in every life though.

just think that everyone is playing a character and has a blue print and some blue prints are not meant to fit into this system, nothing is wrong with those people. also to see your souls group you have to love yourself and know every detail about your beliefs and programming and get to the root of all of it to the point where you know your soul energy and you can see who's in your soul group if you meet them, but they might not know it. just imagine everyone has a big box around them and everyone looks the same you have to know the person you are to see if the other person in the box is also you in another incarnation(the person inside being the soul and the box being the body), hopefully that made sense. being super self aware and conscious to know yourself inside this body.

I dream of connection too. :( 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, llama said:

Do I belong here

Hey Tealers!

Recently I've been wondering about if I really belong to this world.

I was an introverted straight A student, but somehow I'm having trouble keeping up my grades and I find myself sitting in class tearing up thinking that I don't belong in here.

I don't belong in this educational system. I don't belong in this society or this economy.

And seeing the election results makes my heart ache. I feel like I don't belong in the United States anymore.

I don't feel like I belong anywhere.

Was I even meant to be here? My internal guidance system says yes, but this reality I live in excludes me.

I have been fighting hard and been putting college and being successful as my number 1,

but now I'd rather live in a community where I can be myself and be free.

I dream for a place where I can live with a group of people I feel a sense of belonging to, where we can eat healthy, be creative, be myself, feel stable, be spiritual....

Ugh, knowing my soul group would really help, but I am not extrasensory :(...

Well, please give me some advice and I hope one day, we can all be together and feel a sense of belonging. 

You belong here just as much, if not more than anybody else.  :thinking-yahoo-emoticon:You being a straight A student tells me that you put out more effort than a lot of people who just did enough to get by. We are not going to get rid of those whom chose to "just get by", so don't worry because we are not going to get rid of you either:it-wasnt-me-yahoo-emoticon:, ( I also hope that we are not going to get rid of me!):$

Namaste friend

• Upvote 2

I have never felt like belonging. Always out of place, could not hold down a job for more than 2 years. Some say this is signs of our true origins. It may be a clue to your true purpose ect.

• Upvote 3

On 2016. 11. 10. at 9:53 PM, amy f said:

Hi! I don't think anyone ever truly feels like they "belong" here or anywhere. I personally just feel like I don't belong anywhere. Not on this planet not in this universe just no where. As sad as that sounds, there is a freedom in this and I'm trying to make peace with Being here even tho I'm left with no answers. It is a process but also a choice which I am learning to. I'm not exactly happy but growing I think. I haven't exactly found peace yet if I did I'd let you know how I did it. I do find that simply being present with myself , and just being helps a lot. Not sure if that is easy for someone who does not or is not experienced in meditation I've been doing it for years so it's Easier for me sometimes not all the time. Pure silence and presence for me is a space of peace and I don't need belonging I am fine where I am. In this space there's no longing and not a lot of  activity going on but I am  aware of the activity around me .this has helped me in times of feeling like commuting suicide. 

Your people are out there but they are also in here where you are. Find yourself and your people will come to you i think. I feel you and you can pm me if you want ? your not alone  

Hello Amy F!

I'm really glad to find out how many people felt the same way!

As ridiculous as it my sound, I'm actually thinking about starting to saving money to buy a little land where I can start a new community.

"Pure silence and presence for me is a space of peace and I don't need belonging I am fine where I am" really got to me. 

I guess I forgot that I myself, have always been here with me.

I know for sure that one day, we'll find a place where we belong

Thank you :)

On 2016. 11. 10. at 10:23 PM, MPrado said:

I feel the exact same way toward the system, society and my surroundings. For i know that i am pulled by what's best for me and everyone. You woke up to how idiotic humanity has been living for centuries, all the rules and organizations and divisions and hatred. We are in absolute need of a new earth and a new mindset and clarity. If you feel the way you feel, then by all means act upon those desires and look for a community, or start a community as soon as you possibly can. You will find your group if you search. Through this forum and through Teal's ideas and projects you will find very soon such desire materializing. If you need any further perspective on any sort of question you may have, ask! You are more than welcomed :).

I honestly don't know if I actually belong in a community. I feel like I enjoy solitude too much to be in an intentional community...:(

But then again, I do not want to feel lonely.

Somehow, I believe that the universe is asking me to wait until it finds the perfect community for me.

Or I feel like I could be the one starting a community!

Recently I've been fantasizing about making my own country, a codependent society without controlling authority figures, where everyone acknowledges that we are all one and whole.

I spend time happily visualizing everyone going to workshops or festivals or any kind of entertainment where we celebrate ourselves without any judgement.

As unrealistic as it may sound, I actually thought of asking for donations to build houses, libraries, roads, parks, and etc instead of collecting taxes.

Where animals aren't caged anymore and children don't need to get a permission to go to the bathroom.

So far these are just my imaginations and my internal guidance system tells me that I am not ready yet. 

Perhaps I can start by finding a group :)

And I also feel a need to go to a medical school. I worry about getting accepted in the society making a living even though I'm just a senior in high school (I know.) But then I already disagree with a lot of what the psychologists "defined" as "development" or "ageing" or "sick" and you know,,

Well, I'll know my path. And we all will ;) 

• Upvote 1