Sign in to follow this  
authorofdarkness

POSITIVE election things...

4 posts in this topic

POSITIVE election things...

I've grown very tired of negative election posts, so here's a nice one :)

I work in the mental health field and this year my 25 year old client who has Schizophrenia and OCD voted for the first time. He had never voted before due to his anxiety and other mental struggles. But he expressed that he wanted to vote to me and was excited but very nervous to do it. But I encouraged him to do it and with some planning he was able to. I met with him today and he expressed with great delight that he had voted, and he told me how he voted. Even though he voted opposite of me in some ways I was still very happy for him, my first words to him were "That's awesome! I'm so proud of you for voting!" And it made me happy that even though our system is imperfect, people with mental challenges can vote, their voice can be heard and that makes me proud to be an American...

Any other happy things pertaining to the election?

Edited by authorofdarkness
  • Upvote 3

This was my first time voting too! It was an empowering experience to go up and do it the for the first time. But other than that, the one thing that keeps popping up in my head for other happy things that happened pertaining to the election would be Teal Tribe. I know a lot of negative election posts are on here, but in my eyes, I see it as a positive learning experience. Just reading what everyone has to say about it and their own opinions really expanded my perspective about the whole thing. I get excited when I see new posts because everyone has something to say about it based on their own experiences. The people on here have really opened up my eyes more and I really appreciate that :)

• Upvote 2

Just wanted to share this clip. It can be hard to see the positives until you look at the bigger picture, but believe me there are positives and time will prove this. Collective consciousness is on its way down the rabbit  hole:)

• Upvote 1

The most positive thing about this election for me is that we will see the true colors of the people around us. We can form stronger bonds with people that way, and we can easier find those who resonate with us. We chose as a collective the person who will destroy the system, and while we chose the most destructive route, we also chose the fastest. I think that will ultimately be a very good thing. We can easier know what we want through more extreme and open contrast. Ultimately, it will be a good thing. I think the best part of this is that it has brought people closer together, and has quite literally forced us, even in the past week alone, to focus more on what we want or to literally succumb to our own shadow. I have friends in the hospital for PTSD attacks because of this election. It is quite literally forcing us to either integrate or become sick. I think for people like me, that means I am here to help the people close to me to integrate their shadows, and I hope that I can help as many people as possible to do that. I also feel that my psychic abilities are becoming stronger by the day, which has been interesting. I have been very busy the past couple of weeks with the intensity of the feelings around me within the people close to me, including myself. It's been very interesting, to say the absolute least.

Edited by lightworker
  • Upvote 1