Rahul Johar

Best herbal tea?

5 posts in this topic

So these are the ones I know for sure are available - 

Nettle tea, Chamomile tea, Peppermint tea, ginger tea and Rooibos tea.  Which one's the best for overall health? Also if it's not one of the ones I mentioned let me know.

Tea is quite moldy if purchased in bags. Although I used to

recommend single herb teas (tea mixtures have solvents), I can

now only recommend single herb teas from fresh sources in bulk

(see Sources). This also gets you away from the benzalkonium

chloride and possibly other antiseptics in the bag itself. When

you get them, store them in their original double plastic bag.

These herbs are so fresh, you'll only need half as much to make a

cup of tea. Use a bamboo strainer (non metal). Bake the strainer

occasionally or put through the dishwasher to keep it sterile.

Than the tea i would use is Uva-Ursi tea cause that is keeping your kidneys clean.

And kidneys regulate the health of your blood and thats the oil of the compleet motor.

A great book I’ve read on herbs, many of which in it can used for teas, is The Yoga of Herbs by David Frawley. Some outstanding ones that make very healthy decoctions, (teas that have been simmered for a while), are ashwagandha, ginseng, haritaki, and gotu kola. Out of those you listed I would say ginger tea, (made from freshly grated ginger root), would be the best, followed closely by chamomile. Here’s two recopies out of the book Ayurvedic Cooking for Self-Healing by Usha Lad & Vasant Lad that use them. For a good breakfast tea ½ teaspoon fresh grated ginger, ½ teaspoon cinnamon chips, and 1 pinch cardamom in one cup of boiling water. Cover, and turn off the heat, then let it sit for a few minutes. Stain into a cup. If you have empty tea packets, or such, you can us those. A dinner tea would be 1/8 teaspoon fennel seed, 1/3 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/3 teaspoon chamomile, placed into 1 cup boiling water, then covered, turn off the heat and let it sit for a few minutes. Stain into a cup and enjoy.

12 hours ago, Nick S said:

A great book I’ve read on herbs, many of which in it can used for teas, is The Yoga of Herbs by David Frawley. Some outstanding ones that make very healthy decoctions, (teas that have been simmered for a while), are ashwagandha, ginseng, haritaki, and gotu kola. Out of those you listed I would say ginger tea, (made from freshly grated ginger root), would be the best, followed closely by chamomile. Here’s two recopies out of the book Ayurvedic Cooking for Self-Healing by Usha Lad & Vasant Lad that use them. For a good breakfast tea ½ teaspoon fresh grated ginger, ½ teaspoon cinnamon chips, and 1 pinch cardamom in one cup of boiling water. Cover, and turn off the heat, then let it sit for a few minutes. Stain into a cup. If you have empty tea packets, or such, you can us those. A dinner tea would be 1/8 teaspoon fennel seed, 1/3 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/3 teaspoon chamomile, placed into 1 cup boiling water, then covered, turn off the heat and let it sit for a few minutes. Stain into a cup and enjoy.

Ohhh Need to try that! Thank you for sharing @Nick S!

@Rahul Johar Rosehip tea made out of dehydrated buds is one of my all time favorites! It looks, smells and tastes delicious! and very-very good for you!