Guest amy f

Strange Experience

35 posts in this topic

Guest amy f

Hello everyone! I have been trying to figure out what happened to me during a meditation.. Its hard to explain and mentally grasp but I will do my best! 

I was meditating and all of a sudden I did not exist anymore. I had no identity, I was not a self or a form.. Its like I was not even conscious. There was no blank screen or light. Just nothing. Nothing to observe. The only way I can give you a clue to what this was like.. all I can say is that, I was before any manifestation. Before existence. I wasn't experiencing anything..Almost like waking from coma and not knowing what happened and you have no memory of anything. Just nothing. I only "woke up" when an external noise interrupted. I don't know how much time passed. Could have been 10 seconds, an hour or more. I was not asleep. I was relaxed and sitting up straight. Very awake when I came back.. is this a void? Dis-identification? I felt energized and felt high vibrations. I appreciate all feedback :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, @amy faragher!

3 hours ago, amy faragher said:

was meditating and all of a sudden I did not exist anymore. I had no identity, I was not a self or a form.. Its like I was not even conscious. There was no blank screen or light. Just nothing. Nothing to observe. The only way I can give you a clue to what this was like.. all I can say is that, I was before any manifestation. Before existence. I wasn't experiencing anything..Almost like waking from coma and not knowing what happened and you have no memory of anything. Just nothing.

So, what you've experienced for the first time (and it's a good thing, don't worry) is full allowing in meditation. Direct connect to Source. That's a true state of zero resistance. The first time I experienced it, it kind of scared me. It means you've been meditating for long enough (both in practice, and in that session), that you're able to stop all thought, and just... be. ' 

Congratulations. :) It takes a lot of practice to reach that level of 'oneness.' Things to expect from this point (if you haven't already) is a deeper connection to your intuition, perhaps the first meetings with your spirit guides (if you want to talk to them or meet them), and a deeper sense of self. 

This is the point where things start to get really spiritual. Don't worry, you've just hit a more advanced level of meditation. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest amy f

This feels true.. Thank you stephanie! Yes I have been Meditating since I was about the age of 14, I am soon to be 19.. what you said resonates with me so I will be open to that (: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, amy faragher said:

This feels true.. Thank you stephanie! Yes I have been Meditating since I was about the age of 14, I am soon to be 19.. what you said resonates with me so I will be open to that (: 

Aw, wonderful. It took me a lot longer on the whole than it took you to get where you are. ;) All of our journeys are so individual. Great talk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stephanie is right on point.

Interestingly enough, I've had trouble with reaching this point through standard meditation, and to this day stand somewhat on the precipice of what I believe to be this kind of success. While traditional meditation has eluded me, at least in some small part, I have had this Source experience achieved through the manipulation of the concept of "I Am", which can very possibly be seen to be so alike to meditation. 

The concept of "I Am" normally draws out of us a condition to be defined *as* something, like "I am... a woman" or "I am... a father". The fundamental essence of Source however, is only I Am, with no condition after it. Total undefinement. Simply an awareness of "I Am", of your own awareness. This is to mean, you don't have to be conscious of being *something*, in order to be conscious of being. Everything will die away at some time, but what will remain is always the awareness that I Am. What you experienced is just that... pure Source, and infinite potential.

Any condition consciously defined can be seen as a limitation of Source. Thoughts are conditions, and so are identifications of "I Am". All of which you completely abandoned in order to witness, and experience Source (yourself) totally free of condition. A beautiful, and fantastic achievement!

And, if I might add, the utilizing of this Source state for the purposes of manifestation would yield marvelous results indeed. xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest amy f

Stephanie, It may have taken me less time but truly felt like eternity, and i sure as hell am not done yet....I have a looooooong way to go! 

PrimaMateria- I agree (: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, @amy faragher it sounds like an awesome experience! I am so inquisitive and very new to this... How long did the effects last and have you seen any improvement or change in your manifesting or any other area since then? Has anything at all changed for you? I only found Teal a couple of weeks ago so i probably have a lot of shadow work still to do before reaching such levels of oneness. Good on you!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest amy f

@Hope_vZ It does sound like it but I am not sure it was even an experience for there was nothing to observe or consciously be aware of..  Effects I don't think I have had. It is hard to tell what is related to that.. There has been intense physical pain and feeling ill often, but that could be something else. With spiritual practice, I don't practice doing all these "techniques". except for pure presence. I am an experienced meditator, but I don't think its about the meditation act itself, rather your intention as you are doing it. What I believe may have assisted me in "reaching this level" if it is any level at all, is letting go of everything, even my personal identity. (sounds easy enough) But I went through and am still going through my own kind of hell, where I for years constantly just questioned everything about reality. In this world it takes a lot to be nothing. I am slowly beginning to be that emptiness that allows presence to unfold and be as it is. Oneness can be realized right now, it is just about how willing you are to understand it. Its about letting go of what you are not, whilst at the same time not knowing what you are. And even when you are left with no identity and nothing, some kind of clarity flows and it is so fulfilling. But mind you it is so easy to go back into this reality of identification. And people think oneness is to complex. They don't believe they can truly know it or be it, but its because humans make everything so difficult, and so we expect difficult, and so we are then blind to simplicity. I still don't know the truth, but I know somehow I am here. Wherever that is, and I still have much to learn, or maybe I have nothing to learn but everything to experience. (:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, amy faragher said:

@Hope_vZ It does sound like it but I am not sure it was even an experience for there was nothing to observe or consciously be aware of..  Effects I don't think I have had. It is hard to tell what is related to that.. There has been intense physical pain and feeling ill often, but that could be something else. With spiritual practice, I don't practice doing all these "techniques". except for pure presence. I am an experienced meditator, but I don't think its about the meditation act itself, rather your intention as you are doing it. What I believe may have assisted me in "reaching this level" if it is any level at all, is letting go of everything, even my personal identity. (sounds easy enough) But I went through and am still going through my own kind of hell, where I for years constantly just questioned everything about reality. In this world it takes a lot to be nothing. I am slowly beginning to be that emptiness that allows presence to unfold and be as it is. Oneness can be realized right now, it is just about how willing you are to understand it. Its about letting go of what you are not, whilst at the same time not knowing what you are. And even when you are left with no identity and nothing, some kind of clarity flows and it is so fulfilling. But mind you it is so easy to go back into this reality of identification. And people think oneness is to complex. They don't believe they can truly know it or be it, but its because humans make everything so difficult, and so we expect difficult, and so we are then blind to simplicity. I still don't know the truth, but I know somehow I am here. Wherever that is, and I still have much to learn, or maybe I have nothing to learn but everything to experience. (:

pure beautiful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@amy faragher I'm not well versed in this as I don't meditate (I have, but I don't). I am aware and have experienced in dream state that this can also be the same description or encounter as sitting in the veil of the astral realm....the same as you have described. I have experienced this and also read of this, which is how I recognised this experience. I'm not saying this is the same as yours, I'm just offering another perspective.

I'm also aware of that described by yourself and Stephanie too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest amy f

@Daz thanky you for your response! Is there any more knowledge to do with that? I am open and will not shut out any ideas and im not attached to any idea so id like to read about that if you have any recommendations? I know a little about astral realms but not so much to "sitting in the veil" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest amy f

@Adam funny you mention that as i have had that book for a while but never really got to reading it, i only read a few pages (:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@amy faragher I'm yet to recall where I have read it. I have so many books that I'm feeling there were a number of places. They weren't mentioned in any depth in how to get there, it was simply discussed as part of those topics or in the chapter. I could suggest some books that they were mentioned in but I don't think that would be specific enough and it would be very time consuming to locate a small piece of information that may not be there. Try Google too, just to get and idea.

Another thing you may experience is a buzzing before reaching this place. That then is a good indicator that you have reached the veil, which is like a void as you described (again, I'm not saying your experience was this). 

Each plane of existence has a veil that exists and separates between the planes. I believe these are guarded to protect a lower vibrational source from hurting itself if it was to enter, for want of a better word. It's like travelling towards the sun. If your frequency doesn't match you will get hurt. That's not a very good analogy I know. Lol

The astral plane is the mental plane (from memory) and this is where thoughts can become reality or manifestations. This is the place where blobs of thought can become 'form' and alive, so to speak. It's very powerful in this respect, and the reason why you can have other entities roaming this realm.

If your thoughts and vibrations match there is nothing to fear. The void apparently is a great place to go to be at peace and have solitude (though I found it strange and empty) . The layers of frequency are like heavier gases condensing at the bottom with different layers strataphying.

Ive probably gone off on a tangent and not really answered your question. I find that if ever I have a question and I seek the truth, the answers always come to me. Your intuition will help you connect with your experience as there are so many different experiences to be had. That's why I cannot purport to say this is one of the same things, between yours and my experience. Though, I like to share and also learn from others ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest amy f

Thank you for taking your time to respond @Daz I don't recall a buzzing, maybe just bad memory. Although every now and again I hear very high pitched sounds, almost unbearable. Not like the regular ringing in the ears people speak of. I think I became unconscious or i just disappeared.. That is the only way to describe it. I dont think i went anywhere but it was so confusing when i lets say "woke" up. There was no thought, no experience. Just nothingness. Not even a consciousness observing the nothingness. I dont know what happened to me or what i did but hopefully one day i will understand! (: Thanks

Edited by amy faragher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now