nuia

How do you talk to others about spirituality?

11 posts in this topic

This is my favourite topic. I want to talk about it, all the time, I have endless amounts of energy to talk about it. This forum is probably the only place I can, because no one else I know outside this forum is on my wavelength. I don't enjoy talking about the weather, unless you want to talk about how collective consciousness controls it. Yup, I dive in deep. (Funny, how I can be so vulnerable with  strangers and so guarded with my family) People probably think I'm crazy and I'm OK with that. Who else out there has so much to share, but doesn't know where to start? Life can be lonely.

My question is, how can I start a progressive conversation into spirituality? Like how we would explain it to a child. Do you start with, how energy works? Maybe, the law of attraction? Do you bother? Am I just being controlling? I feel like there is so much beauty in the world, people are missing out on it.

• Upvote 3

usually when I hear any label like "I'm a Christian" I shut my mouth lol. I show the dr. Emoto rice experiment to open them up about emotions and what love and other emotions can do to the physical. that's as far as ill go with them. some people see spirituality like faith, but there is so much out there, but they will see it as anecdotal evidence because they've never experienced it, it doesn't work with their model of reality and what they believe to be true and possible. just baby steps or you'll come off crazy lol.

Edited by Alex7
  • Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Alex7 said:

usually when I hear any label like "I'm a Christian" I shut my mouth lol. I show the dr. Emoto rice experiment to open them up about emotions and what love and other emotions can do to the physical. that's as far as ill go with them. some people see spirituality like faith, but there is so much out there, but they will see it as anecdotal evidence because they've never experienced it, it doesn't work with their model of reality and what they believe to be true and possible. just baby steps or you'll come off crazy lol.

That's a good one. Because it has scientific evidence supporting it. I admit I've used the concept of water to try and reel someone in '... if we are 3 quarters water, and the moon influences the bodies of water on Earth in the form of tides, that means that we are also influenced by the moon...' And all they were talking about was the importance of drinking water lol.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Trinity Anderson said:

For me, it's really important in conversations like these to remember: "When all else fails, make the conversation a firsthand account of your own experiences." I had been inching towards a conclusion like this, then I remembered in the Evette Rose/Teal Swan interview on Wisdom From North, when Evette was floundering to make a point, and then suddenly a switch went on in her brain to simply regale a firsthand experience or opinion... and Teal nodded in supportive approval when she witnessed this. 

I love that interview. 

I offhandedly make jokes about other dimensions and aliens and spiritual topics to see how receptive people are, or make comments about LOA or conscious creation. I find most people really aren't receptive to things like this, though, so I keep it between close friends and family who I know are into it as well. I'm pretty open about it when people ask me, but if my view of the world meets with resistance within them, I change the topic towards them and their beliefs and views because I'm really not interested in debating the validity of my beliefs with people who refuse to even try them out.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, lightworker said:

I offhandedly make jokes about other dimensions and aliens and spiritual topics to see how receptive people are, or make comments about LOA or conscious creation. I find most people really aren't receptive to things like this, though, so I keep it between close friends and family who I know are into it as well. I'm pretty open about it when people ask me, but if my view of the world meets with resistance within them, I change the topic towards them and their beliefs and views because I'm really not interested in debating the validity of my beliefs with people who refuse to even try them out.

I brought up extraterrestrial beings in a conversation a few times. There was one friend who used to ask for my advice all the time, now she doesn't.lol

• Upvote 1

responding to the title:

however i feel like. 

customized, i suppose, but that's a feel too. like a sense of how to say what i want to convey in a way that they could hear.  i look at the world from where they are looking and take it from there. i use their system/structure of reality and their terms. use their language to deliver the message. i guess often times it doesn't sound like a spirituality topic, but it always is. i am incapable of looking at things as if something other than spiritual would exist or matter. 

not having a strict dictionary and set of beliefs helps with that.

• Upvote 2

I so get what you're saying.  I love this and how much my thinking and even thought process has changed since waking up.  It's like being a kid in candy store, I want this, oooh look at that and on and on.  At the same time spirituality is a very personal topic and so I don't bring it up bcs a lot people are not aware  and wouldn't know or understand what the hell you're  talking about.  I just insert my thoughts and ideas into a conversation.  Also you will know, sense, feel, when you can bring up the subject and to whom.  Beside we're all for you :D  

• Upvote 1

On ‎30‎-‎10‎-‎2016 at 1:56 AM, nuia said:

That's a good one. Because it has scientific evidence supporting it. I admit I've used the concept of water to try and reel someone in '... if we are 3 quarters water, and the moon influences the bodies of water on Earth in the form of tides, that means that we are also influenced by the moon...' And all they were talking about was the importance of drinking water lol.

To start talking to someone depends a bit on his belief if there is more than just a body and religion .

What I sometimes do is let him or her sit on a chair and than standing behind him and slowly moving my open righthand to the back of his head.

He will feel you long before you touch him. Just ask him if he feels something. If he does I ask him what he thinks it is because I have no clu and you think hes smart enough and maybe knows an answer.

This does 2 things 1. This way you will not get a discussion like yes and no because you draw his attension outward to you.

2. You make him feel good because he gets the feeling hes helping you.

Whatever he answers never make his answer wrong but just gently ask him to explain it a bit better cause you  dont get it totaly.

But it all depends on the person but the help button Always works.

• Upvote 1