AbsoluteWave

Social Conditioning Surrounding " Cheating"

12 posts in this topic

I'm going to quote somebody's comment on youtube about a particularly hot topic that is to sway people one way or the other.. when specially as followers of Teal and our own path to true authenticity, we must be cautious of these common labels of what is moral and what isn't.. that's what creates the " I'm better than you" mentality when we should be following the " namaste " Way of being which there is no superior, inferior, nor equal.  Respect for one another.  true respect.

"I can tell you that it's all true, promiscuity will only make you miserable and unhappy, the reason why my parents got separated, it's because my dad is a cheater, and I can tell you that today, he is a very miserable man who had to go back living to his mother, he doesn't have a wife to take care of him anymore, and the more promiscuous he is, the more people he has drawn away from him, he's extremely lonely, already reaching the end of his life, with a lot of health issues, and without anything he can hardly call "His" anymore. Please people, once you find someone you love, take care of it, be loyal, and never try to justify an affair, there is no excuse or reason you can't discuss with your partner if you feel that there are problems in the relationship, and if it really doesn't work out, then go back fishing, but never, ever, cheat. "

I can see how this could be an impact on heavily conditioned people for heavy magnitudes of time.. which is why so many people are " dysfunctional today and only thrive off of superficial things.. which in themselves can be useful but this is seriously sad that even ones on child will speak about his father in such a way..  x__x

( I may add more quotes and so on that i find are crucial to talk about, regarding how people are treating one another. )

" Well, as a 22 year old woman I have to say I absolutely hate adultery and sluttiness. Never done it,
never will do it, and I despise those who do.
Unfortunately most of my female friends are real sluts, which bothers me sometimes. "

I can see wear this is stemming from and it's all that name calling in school and so forth.. It's got to STOP.. Again, this alone is going to sway the minds that resonate with this because they too are poisoned..  This way of thinking has to stop and have positive and more constructive ways of thinking re-inseminated back into the human psyche..  Also to undo the damage that has been done.  Which is then what creates that polarity about " I'm horrible" and this and that..  Still it's not good enough to those people even when you are staying " loyal"  gosh.. what is that anyway..?  Heck, I love it when Teal mentioned in a video about being the aggressive one in the relationship and most men don't approach her.  Lol.   Which that statement and elaboration later in the video just shows that women are definitely not meek and VERY much not gullible.. xD

They are super smart and should be respected just like any other beings on this earth.

"We did evolve to beings that can choose themselves one partner, but unfortunately media knows about our ancient instinct that's still within us and how it makes as act, such as get interested or exited, and exploits it in their products to get more profits. So as a smart and reasonable beings who know we don't need multiple partners, we should be smart enough to laugh at it if it's entertaining but not follow the same example. We did evolve to beings that can choose themselves one partner, but unfortunately media knows about our ancient instinct that's still within us and how it makes as act, such as get interested or exited, and exploits it in their products to get more profits. So as a smart and reasonable beings who know we don't need multiple partners, we should be smart enough to laugh at it if it's entertaining but not follow the same example. "

So because we're smart... that means having multiple partners suddenly means something?  It was only the " whiteman" who enforced clothing upon the Africans and suddenly teach that it's shameful to be naked and put fear into peoples minds and which is why in many ways people are uncomfortable being naked or even more so, self conscious about your body or that there is something ugly about the naked body.. c.c Even DR sebi brings out alot about naked ness and actually how much healthier you'd be if you just led all your skin breath every day and so on.  before 500 years ago, they didn't have no disease, they didn't have no this and that from the " city" And as a global race.. we would have been dead a long time ago if our bodies couldn't naturally detox and so forth.  Which is why medicine in the days of yore was so potent.  It mingled in with spirituality and so on.  But also had very passionate and brilliant minds even in the first branch of science which was still deeply connected from the branch of philosophy and that's when scientists and scholars alike were friends..  and even practiced and understood the ways of the other.. I'm proud to admit that all of this is all coming back though!  knowledge is power.  the more you learn, the more you earn.  Those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it.

• Upvote 1

I sneaky cheated on my wife in the past. desire to party

I've experiences that I wanted and also broke a heart

Openness is what I'm after now

1 minute ago, Collide said:

I sneaky cheated on my wife in the past. desire to party

I've experiences that I wanted and also broke a heart

Openness is what I'm after now

I can agree with you.  It for some reason worries people what other people think.. you can't please everyone and shouldn't aim to please some sort of crowd.. Just do your do and if people like it and so on, then that's a bonus.  I've seen through many avenues that ones EX is treated well and kept close and dear and they protect one another.  there is no stigma over them about " OMG get away from me"  xD  that's just insanity to be telling people to shun one another.  I can admit that I love more than one person, man, woman, animal, anything and anybody.. and can be on one level different than the other and so on.  and shouldn't mean the love for the other being doesn't exist anymore.. unless it's apparently a battle for who is paying attention to me and who the other i paying attention to.

Edited by AbsoluteWave

3 minutes ago, Collide said:

right on

@CollideYou're so sweet!  I'll also share with you something a friend of mine said.  we didn't get too far into it but his vibration really helped me understand that guilt is a strange thing and can be for multiple reasons and mean so many things.  Also, the sneaking thing isn't so bad.  it's actually your concepts being warped by other peoples thinking.  the sneaking means you are getting your needs met quietly.

Edited by AbsoluteWave
wanted to add something.

guilt is there to remind you you're out of alignment. shame is a useless "beating yourself up" feeling. Teal said something like that... ty you are sweet!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Collide said:

guilt is there to remind you you're out of alignment. shame is a useless "beating yourself up" feeling. Teal said something like that... ty you are sweet!

You're right!  But nothing is so simple!  Which is why it made so much sense when I was reminded by this mirror that was this fiend of mine, speak it so soundy!  it makes just much sense now as it did at the time it was spoken!  Guilt in regards to relatinships and " cheating" is mainly to do with tribal shaming and other socially conditioned things of all kind.. depends on what the detais are of the events and such, no?

Yeah shame goes deep into childhood like all the other wounds. That first time somebody judges you for just being who you are and you wish to vanish from this plane

As with most things I suppose there two sides to every situation. One the one hand I can see how one would turn to cheating if their needs aren't being met but on the other hand, from the position of being the one being cheated on, it causes pain and distrust. But then again everyone is different. there are many people out there that don't mind an open relationship (then it wouldn't be cheating, would it?) I guess the real kicker would be to find out what your true needs are. If that includes being with many people than one would need to find a person that is okay with that in order to prevent hurting the other person. If its just that one is unhappy in their relationship maybe we need to work on communication and fixing the problem instead of causing new ones that only lead to hurt?

@Shelby222  Exactly right, but it is on the person's point of view if they get hurt or not.  which is why I mentioned before somewhere above that many are trained from birth to freak out and listen to their girl-boy pals and somehow feel like crap afterwards.  mainly cause it wasn't your idea.  you adopted their idea and thought it would work and even like Teal herself says.  that the relationship was premature.. So instead of freaking out and so on.. be gentle with things.  i mean it can be too much at times but nothing can be resolved or even understood when the person who may have already a preset behavior to instantly cut things off and run away because of something trivial.  Lack of communication.. heck, even many like Teal described on a talk with Jannike from the " Wisdom from North" youtube channel that many people come closer instead of avoid eachother during an argument and so forth.  they get interested, they ignite eachother, etc... and she said she went on about how beautifukl this was and eventually how if everybody did this. we'd all be quite alot happier.  communication, communication, communication!

• Upvote 1

@AbsoluteWave I suppose i see where you're coming from with the social conditioning. but does it really matter what you were and weren't taught if when it happens you FEEL hurt from the lack of connection? I do feel communication is a very powerful thing. My husband and I argue and fight sometimes but we ALWAYS work it out as its happening to get to the root of the problem, and then we fix it. It's defiantly not easy but it works! we even had an issue before with him cheating. it hurt. but i was willing to figure out what the issue was and since then we have been more connected than anything ive ever experienced before.