Csj

Spiritually Drifting

16 posts in this topic

I find myself spiritually drifting lately. There are is so much I want to learn and processes I want to do that I find I am unable to focus and commit to any one spiritual process or task and it frustrates me. Has anyone else had this problem and what do you do?

• Upvote 1

Well even without Teal's teachings.  It's not about avoiding the problem.  It's really about getting to know these feelings.  truly get to know what your true inner self and body are craving.  I would also recommend acts of self love but also try and tap into things you already love, like hobbies and so on.  Share the passion with others who like the same thing and so on.   Perhaps collaborate together and make it fun, like go to a convention, a comic !!!!!, anime !!!!! and all sorts of other things with their own special names.

The more you learn the more you earn!  and what i think is the most earned in this is happiness but also AWE inspiring with all the stuff that goes on, both big and small.  Anywho.  I would say baby steps, specially in this situation.  Really sit with who you are deep down and see what resonates with you.  music, art, sports.  Etc.  Let your spirit shine through these avenues! 

I recently came across this lovely technique called the MIR technique and form my prior knowledge and affiliation with family member with skills like these and they worked ALL the time.  Check out the lifestyles of others and their mindsets and adopt things and if they work for you please keep it up.  it's like exercise along with good diet and lifestyle.  it has to be maintained once you have achieved the goal.  Neat enough.  all of this can go hand in hand.  Or simply just relax more and enjoy what you got!

@CherieJ  I'm sure we've all gone through this at some point. I remember when I first started making my way back to myself... I wanted to "fix" everything right away by attempting all kinds of processes, often leaving myself feeling frustrated and overwhelmed.  One day I just asked myself "why". Why did I feel so desperate to change/not be the me I was in that moment. That really helped me relax because it brought perspective. I realised that being who/what you are in the now is an important part of the journey. So I relaxed, stopped being so hard on myself, checked my ego when I found myself being too hard on myself, and let myself be naturally guided by Life & my inner being. I now find myself just happening upon techniques/processes/people/teachings/music/ideas that help my expansion. And it's been really beautiful watching & feeling myself become more. It helps to remember that you are your own universe, living your own unique experience, you can't "get it wrong", you're not moving too slowly. Just allow yourself to unfold. Once the pressure is off you'll find yourself being able to be more focused.

I really hope that helps, even just a little. I also really hope that all made sense...even just a little :D

Blessings & Love to you.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, AbsoluteWave said:

It's really about getting to know these feelings. 

Yes AbsoluteWare this is so true! 

8 hours ago, Kim said:

. It helps to remember that you are your own universe, living your own unique experience, you can't "get it wrong", you're not moving too slowly. Just allow yourself to unfold.

Thanks Kim this is a great reminder to just enjoy every minute and allow life to happen. I have a really hard time letting go of control. 

@CherieJ
This woman I've been watching for months now and she's been all over and been on shows similar to Teal and she in a way is like her
Personality and so on.  A strong woman!  I recommend watching as much content as you can on her and this subject in itself!

------------------------------------
Here's the main one I wanted to bring up!

17 hours ago, Kim said:

@CherieJ  I'm sure we've all gone through this at some point. I remember when I first started making my way back to myself... I wanted to "fix" everything right away by attempting all kinds of processes, often leaving myself feeling frustrated and overwhelmed.  One day I just asked myself "why". Why did I feel so desperate to change/not be the me I was in that moment. That really helped me relax because it brought perspective. I realized that being who/what you are in the now is an important part of the journey. So I relaxed, stopped being so hard on myself, checked my ego when I found myself being too hard on myself, and let myself be naturally guided by Life & my inner being. I now find myself just happening upon techniques/processes/people/teachings/music/ideas that help my expansion. And it's been really beautiful watching & feeling myself become more. It helps to remember that you are your own universe, living your own unique experience, you can't "get it wrong", you're not moving too slowly. Just allow yourself to unfold. Once the pressure is off you'll find yourself being able to be more focused.

I really hope that helps, even just a little. I also really hope that all made sense...even just a little :D

Blessings & Love to you.

You're entirely correct @Kim  !!  I'm happy for you~!  And the neat thing is even if you got reminded by Teal.  Key word here is reminded.  Lots of things that we find out on our own or get it from another person or whathaveyou.. Alot of it we already know these things at heart which is why we can relate to things in less than a second!  I for one am still on a journey ever since my childhood, and perhaps my journey has only just begun so I'm excited to witness my mind/body/spirit/soul mature at it's own pace.  Like watching plants grow, specially when your tending to them.  fortunate to have a wild garden outside that we still haven't touched yet since we moved here and it's simply amazing what happens when you leave things to their own devices!  Heck, even all the dandelions we had in there, they are a flower like any other, they passed on and I don't see them anymore and in their wake came more life.  Flowers I don't even think i've ever seen, I'll take more pictures of it before and after the transformation~  first the remodeling of this building and so on.  Perhaps then I will try to host little meet ups.  But to make a point here.  to hang out and get to know one another.  Leave the ego at the door, for I will try my best to do the same!  It will be great experience for me as well since I have had alot of half-hazard experiences, many good and some not so good, so during all of that and other things to convoluted my life even more.. I still wish to make a difference in the world!  leave an imprint without having to leave.  >;3

Hi @CherieJ, how are you? I have found that i have the exact same problem.  I did find that the days that i focused on gratitude or my 365 days of self-love i am not so distracted as other days. I think the days that I feel that way, i should just watch some youtube videos by Teal and choose one and give myself permission to only work on that one for that particular day. We tend to want to do it all and want to be better at it all as soon as possibly, am i right? Well, maybe, just maybe those days should be left for meditation. What do you think? I would love to hear what you think...

Here's to us finding or creating our clarity and focus, hehe! We'll show our tangled minds a thing or two, lol. :ph34r:

Best of luck in your pursuits either way. :)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, AbsoluteWave said:

A strong woman!  I recommend watching as much content as you can on her and this subject in itself!

Thanks I will check it out!

4 hours ago, Hope_vZ said:

We tend to want to do it all and want to be better at it all as soon as possibly, am i right? Well, maybe, just maybe those days should be left for meditation. What do you think? I would love to hear what you think...

Yes Hope exactly! I want to magically have all the knowledge required to practice the spiritual modalities I am interested in and I get frustrated when I don't retain the knowledge of what I am learning. My husband ask me 'how long did it take to learn to do the job you do now as well as you do it?' and of course when I think about it I have been learning and practicing what I do for over 25 years. So he pointed out 'So how can you expect to learn these new things as well as you know that in just a few weeks , months or even years?' 

I think perhaps what someone suggested in another post was to make a list (along with instructions for the processes) of EVERYTHING you want to try to do and when you are ready to do the process you just have to pick one and do it not spend all your time looking for one to do and then get sidetracked and overwhelmed by the choices. What do you think? 

• Upvote 1

On 14/06/2016 at 11:26 AM, CherieJ said:

There are is so much I want to learn and processes I want to do that I find I am unable to focus and commit to any one spiritual process or task and it frustrates me.

this sounds like an exploring phase. so explore whatever catches your interest. the filtering phase will then naturally come and you'll settle for a while with what works best for you at that time.

you don't have to put effort in doing anything that doesn't feel natural, just do what feels most like flowing. the most obvious next step, every moment. there is no right or wrong way to do it. every journey is unique.

1 hour ago, mufhry said:

this sounds like an exploring phase. so explore whatever catches your interest. the filtering phase will then naturally come and you'll settle for a while with what works best for you at that time.

you don't have to put effort in doing anything that doesn't feel natural, just do what feels most like flowing. the most obvious next step, every moment. there is no right or wrong way to do it. every journey is unique.

Thanks mufhry your absolutely right!