vana

Intrusive thoughts. Why wouldn't you be able to stop getting thoughts about someone?

6 posts in this topic

Why wouldn't you be able to stop getting thoughts about someone or something? I cant stop thinking about an ex I used to go out with. It feels like as if I took his negative energy or something and thinking about him drains me but I can´t stop thinking about him.

Does this happen to anyone or is it  just me.  Is it because you are sensing their energy? because they are thinking about you? because they have energy chords attached? because either one isn't letting go of the other? What do you think it is? 

-.jpg

Edited by Vania Utam
  • Upvote 1

I have experienced this same "problem".  I think it has a lot to do with the Law of Attraction, the universe sees us focusing on this ex partner and then gives us more of those same thoughts.  It probably started off just innocently thinking about that person and the past but now it has escalated out of control due to the Law of Attraction.  What helps me to deal with these thoughts is to focus on what I do want and be specific with what you want.  For example, you could even say something like " I want to be present in this moment and to connect deeply with source".  Just keep focusing on what you want and the universe will hear you!  Hope this helps! 

• Upvote 2

My first guess would be that you are resisting to think about him which reinforces the thoughts and many thoughts about a person no matter if positive or negative lead to this obsessiveness i had to deal with it over the last 10 years but the completion process first freed me entirely from the suffering i had due to this and then i gradually had less thoughts about those persons because there is nothing to resist anymore if it does not hurt you.
So the advice i would give you is to use the completion process.
The reason that you are attracted to him is very likely that you unconsciously see something in him which is a suppressed part of yourself that your parents did not want you to be in order to adapt to your parents you suppressed it now you are looking for someone who can make you whole again but you can become whole again using the completion process.

• Upvote 2

This is what i found after 20 years.

I met my soul-mate on a party. The first time we looked in each others eyes we knew.

The first thing she said to me was "sorry iam 10 years late but I had trouble getting the right body"

She was 16 i was 25. Anyway we lived a few years together. The best time of both our lives.

We broke up for reasons we found out years later because of both our families were sneaky. Saying to her stuff over me and to me over her.

But very sneaky just a loose sentence and with the "best intentions" of course.

So we got fights when i got home at the evening and we never solved anything. These things add up. Till a point of making the dissision and quit.

That hurt immensely for me but for her it was the same.

Anyway we found out later why. And we are good friends ever since.

I couldn't get her out of my mind, the first 3 years were terrible. I have counted one day the time i thought of her was around 300 times.

When she got a new boyfriend and she got hit i could feel that. I knew when she was hurt or miserable even when I was other side of the world.

So I knew it was something I did or had done or whatever. But it was my problem so it had to be something I did and kept doing.

I searched for 15 years ( over the years it got a bit better) and couldn't find it.

Over the years we saw each other sometimes and we would go out. Then we talked all night including about why i would wakeup in the middle of the night when she was getting hit.

Her answer was that she was doing nothing.

The solution came from 2 sides in this case.

The first thing was what I had promised myself and her when we met "ill take care of us for the rest of this lifetime" and the fact that i couldn't accept that I failed on letting something so beautiful slip in my life and every relation after that would be secondhand.

Secondly She wouldn't let me either but that was more in the sense of when she was hurt or in trouble I was a safe haven to ask advice or goto.

The same instant we found that out it was gone. For her and for me.

We are even better friends these days.

Funny thing is that the normal attraction is back from both sides.

But the obsession is totally gone.

So to conclude it was my doing all allong.

Edited by Tibor
  • Upvote 2

@Vania Utam i think a lot of depends on how you two separated. 

I agree with @walt on unresolved issues and patterns. This happens between people all the time, not just with romantic relationships. 

If you suppose to resolve this with him - he will be back in your life. If not - there will be someone else. 

If you know already what is that you wish to resolve, then i would say get ready.

• Upvote 1

When your mind keeps thinking about this person, ask yourself:  "Is this useful?"   If the answer is no, focus on something else.  

Also, the completion process should help

• Upvote 2