Sign in to follow this  
Guest amy f

Lust and Attraction

2 posts in this topic

Guest amy f

Okay so physical or sexual attraction is something nearly everyone can relate to.. Lust is like a mental game that you wont stop playing until you get what you want. And love is just there not wanting anything. Or.. can love actually want things to? 

Teal once said something along the lines of  "physical attraction is complicated,there are many reasons. And to have chemistry with someone means there is an unconscious reason for this attraction."  Not sure if i got that right as my memory is not that good. But it got me thinking, 

Is it possible to be drawn to someone or something without the reason of suppressed aspects being mirrored? what if your drawn to someone and cant find a reason why? 

What would be the reason behind attraction if there is no mirror? If there is a mirror reflection i am not seeing in myself, does that mean i really dont know myself and so cant recognize myself? How can you tell if what you feel is love,or just lust taking over your body, and mind making you feel and think things that make you feel it is love because it feels kind of like passion?

On 10/23/2016 at 0:49 AM, amy f said:

Okay so physical or sexual attraction is something nearly everyone can relate to.. Lust is like a mental game that you wont stop playing until you get what you want. And love is just there not wanting anything. Or.. can love actually want things to? 

Teal once said something along the lines of  "physical attraction is complicated,there are many reasons. And to have chemistry with someone means there is an unconscious reason for this attraction."  Not sure if i got that right as my memory is not that good. But it got me thinking, 

Is it possible to be drawn to someone or something without the reason of suppressed aspects being mirrored? what if your drawn to someone and cant find a reason why? 

What would be the reason behind attraction if there is no mirror? If there is a mirror reflection i am not seeing in myself, does that mean i really dont know myself and so cant recognize myself? How can you tell if what you feel is love,or just lust taking over your body, and mind making you feel and think things that make you feel it is love because it feels kind of like passion?

Hi Amy, good evening this a very interesting topic to discuss. Well, I have to say after reading your post a couple of times to get a good feel for it, I have to agree with Teal that there is some part of us that is drawn in our subconscious mind. A couple of years ago I heard another person who had the gift of picking up on feelings and emotions. She told me the same thing. During this time I fell like was deeply in love with this woman whom,  I was deeply , I mean deeply attracted to. However, though she did not have feelings for me like that, it was like I could not see past my feelings, and I wanted to make her like me in that way. And you know the funny thing about it use to hurt me so bad I could not even function right and personality wise she is the exact opposite of me. Eventually though I had to remove myself from being around her, because she would always make me feel bad , but i was still drawn to her some how. So, the way I look at it is maybe the dark side of me was attracted to the dark side aspect of her, but still my higher self  would not agree to the match. So after I was more in tune with my higher self more at the time , I was able to break away from the attraction for her and I felt much better. I hope this helps :straight-face-yahoo-emoticon: