Guest amy f

Courage

14 posts in this topic

Guest amy f

Generations are clashing,  the old dying and the new birthing itself for greater purpose, I am finding it difficult to talk with family, specifically parents who are of the old programs, yet wondering why there so unfulfilled when they have lived a life of hard work, struggle, lack. I have had to grow up with this stress in the family, and watching the suffering, and being apart of it, so i also have to let go of some programming to really go for what i want whatever that is. I want to be the example of how creation really works. To create and work hard from a place of fulfillment and enjoyment, rather then just hard work leaving one empty and dead inside. But the thing is, I feel by going for what i want or the way of life that calls to me, the new, means that my pain, and personal hard work is not understood or seen, because it looks easy. This frustrates me, because of the amount of inner suffering i have experienced. I cant just say to my  parents "you didn't make it easy, in fact my childhood was painful and i suffered deeply, because of your actions, and my environment, and you were not the kind of parents you think you were." I could never say that. 1, because they dont understand how i could hurt with their idea of my life compared to theirs (they always compare), so it would be pointless and would lead to no healing or understanding.  2, it is not their fault because they just do the best they can from what they were programmed to believe so i understand. Being alone in all this understanding and learning, is painful and frustrating. I don't feel understood or validated. I am 19 and am unsure of how to live my life but I know it is in my hands. I want to find the courage to really let go of the old and build in the new, to be an example of the new., How does one find courage in themselves? Is it just strong desire? What drives this action that "courage"creates? I ask about courage in relation to what i wrote here about different programming, because i think it requires courage to go for something different.

Hey Amy, I believe courage comes from strength and experience. Do things that empower you or make you feel stronger, and cut ties with tasks that lessen. Do what you feel, and feel what you do. Ask yourself then - what provokes and promotes the higher self? When am I at my happiest? You have years to learn. No biggie just yet. 

Guest amy f

@hanging buoy Saying "you have years to learn" is true, but we all have much to learn at any age, and I don't think one can "learn" courage, more just experience it somehow, and grow in understanding. Saying "you have years to learn" makes it sound like, at a specific point or age in life, then you finally, will for certain know something or will have figured it out, but that's not the case so much for their are different lessons and experiences for everyone as everyone is unique and has different purpose for being here. I dont believe age has anything to do with experience or the abundance of knowledge, in the sense that at any age, one can know a lot without experience by abilities to know things, and one can experience and not learn from it all and still be left without an answer and lack or true understanding. Experience is important though. This lovely quote says "A smart person knows what to say, a wise person knows whether or not to say it."  

So I think it is about what we choose to see or understand in the moments, no matter the age you are. It is a choice. I guess my question was how does one choose courage. (:

Also i appreciate your input! @hanging buoy 

I think, courage cant be desired. If need of courage comes from the space of lack of courage...then it simply means there is lack of desire. To me, strong desire gives courage. Have you seen Teal's video where she talks about accelerator and brakes in the car? It was a very recent video. And for you...sometimes i think, you should put an effort to join Teal's community. 

• Upvote 2

Guest amy f

@Amit that is a good point thank you! gave me a new perspective. I am not quite sure what video you speak of, but i think ive seen it. What do you mean exactly by "put an effort to join teals community"? 

@amy f i felt you will fit nicely in that community in US. And i guess you can add value and help them build a structure for the new world, because in my observation you have yearning for answers for some difficult questions about life and once you get those answers you will be unstoppable. Only reading and practicing alone aint gonna help and you need company. What could be the best company other than her community? 

• Upvote 1

Guest amy f

@Amit I dont think ill be going to the US anytime soon! I do want to travel though. And yes i know reading and practicing alone wont get me where i need to be, that is why i ask a lot of questions, and wanting to experience.. im just not sure where or how to experience what I need because i am also unsure of what i actually want. Passions and desires i'm not feeling so much right now. It would be easier if i had an obvious gift. I love writing and that has always been a gift of mine but im not sure its what i want to do.. I think i need to experience and explore life more deeply, and get inspired.

Can you please share the feeling, event, person, place that you are always thinking about? In the sense of happiness? Even if in the past

Guest amy f

Well...is this to help me find my passions? i do admit that a particular someone has given rise to some inspiration to write about them, but writing was already a gift for me., I love them without a logical reason. This is painful and beautiful. But i cant base my whole life around someone. My passion and joy. But they bring me joy that they could never understand. In ways that they do not can not know. For reasons i dont feel like sharing here! 

Edited by amy f

@amy f I mostly understand where you're coming from. I have recently let my parents know how I feel and all of the trouble they have caused me. I had to, I'm 34 years old now and have gone my whole life holding on to the pain and suffering from my childhood which caused me even more trouble and alcohol addiction at one point. But after "I let them have it", I felt so much better and so brand new. Of course I told them that I understand why I was treated the way I was and I forgive them and I let them know that I understand that they did the best they could with what they had. 

Teal is a huge advocate of letting go of existential weight, even if it means that you may hurt the ones that you love. But it's for the better, not the bitter. You will feel so much better and be able to finally live when you shed light to these shadows, and I let my parents know that is what I was doing. I made my mom cry and she called herself a horrible parent, but I let her know that that wasn't true and that I understand that she did the best that she could with what she had and we hugged and now we have a better relationship than ever. I feel so fresh and new now. 

Don't let existential weight hold you back from feeling free. Do what you have to do to take care of yourself and your feelings. Because, I promise you, once you do, you will be a better assist to everyone that you love. Think about the 'airplane oxygen mask' theory, dawn your mask before you help others with theirs. 

A side note, since you like to write, you should start a blog and after a month or two of having it up and active, you can make a nice income from it. If you are interested, I could give you guidance on how. I'm a web developer and have done research on how to make an income from blogging. 

Anyways, I hope this finds you in the best regards. 

Love and Light, my sister!!! ???

Edited by Micah
  • Upvote 1

Guest amy f

@Micah Good on you for doing that, and following your authenticity. It does help to hear when others do this and see that its not the end of the world like how it feels  ? Thank you for the encouragement. My mother was told by a "psychic friend" when i was a young child, toddler age, that she saw me starting a blog around about now and i keep getting signs to write a blog or write a book.. something i have wanted to do but i hold myself back because i just dont know what i have to give, to express to the world.  I guess i wont know till i get over myself and try something new ! If you could pm me id love to talk more bout this with you. Thank you <3

@amy f I was told by my guides that I'm supposed to write a book,  on 2 different occasions in fact. I haven't the courage yet,  for I'm still waiting for the inspiration, motivation and what I'm supposed to write about. I have started a few times,  but I always end up getting discouraged. It's funny how your guides give you guidance but don't give you all of the details. I  do know that I am not supposed to rush it,  as the inspiration will come when the time is right. The quality is what's important. 

I have also started several websites for myself that I never finish, due to the discouragement again. I also have this issue with not finishing projects that I start,  don't know if it's ADD or that my mind is so creative that it doesn't want to be finished. 

This advice goes to me as well,  because I need to hear this for my book and I too have thought about starting a blog. In order for someone to successfully write a book or blog, the main subject needs to be something that you are a subject matter expert on and having a high level of interest helps as well. Yes, you may need to do some research from time to time to keep the flow going. So, saying that, it's going to be on something that you already have an interest in or have special or unusual knowledge in. That's for it to be successful anyway. 

I would be very happy to talk to you about starting a blog and how you can pick your main topic or subject. It's probably going to take at least a few minutes of brainstorming if not more. Like I said I would be more than willing to help you with anything. 

I PMed you with my fb or any other means is fine, or it can stay on here. I'll try to send you another PM  with some quick tips if that's all you are looking for, but feel free to contact me and ask me questions. 

I do encourage you to start a blog and I will help you launch it if you would like. Web Development is one of my many trades and something that I enjoy doing, I will have a lot of free time the next few weeks, so it would be my pleasure to help. I promise you that this will be fun and there is nothing difficult about running a blog or even a small website, I will give you all of the tools and knowledge that you will need to be on your way and plus I always have time to help people, it's my life purpose.

OK,  I'll save the rest for the PM. 

I think that courage needs inspiration, you can't have courage to do something if you aren't inspired to do so in the first place. First you need a motive. The courageous soldiers charged the hill because they were inspired to win the battle. If you don't have the courage, then you are not ready yet. Sometimes I think we feel compelled to do something, so we look for the courage to do it. But without motivation and inspiration,  you will never find the courage. 

But someone or something can come along and give you the courage by inspiration. 

Edited by Micah

On 17/10/2016 at 11:21 AM, amy f said:

@hanging buoy Saying "you have years to learn" is true, but we all have much to learn at any age, and I don't think one can "learn" courage, more just experience it somehow, and grow in understanding. Saying "you have years to learn" makes it sound like, at a specific point or age in life, then you finally, will for certain know something or will have figured it out, but that's not the case so much for their are different lessons and experiences for everyone as everyone is unique and has different purpose for being here. I dont believe age has anything to do with experience or the abundance of knowledge, in the sense that at any age, one can know a lot without experience by abilities to know things, and one can experience and not learn from it all and still be left without an answer and lack or true understanding. Experience is important though. This lovely quote says "A smart person knows what to say, a wise person knows whether or not to say it."  

So I think it is about what we choose to see or understand in the moments, no matter the age you are. It is a choice. I guess my question was how does one choose courage. (:

Also i appreciate your input! @hanging buoy 

Well said and expression in purest form. I loved reading your answer and one true advantage of youth is the opportunity to make mistakes, make gifts and you know what - we never truly grow old youth is eternal.