wash

Completion Process issue

11 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Is there anyone else on here who follows teals completion process to resolve some underlying issues to then face further problems after resolving the original issue? I have recently integrated a massive daddy issue I had due to my father leaving me when I was younger to now find I am now a person who has went from not drinking alcohol to being a alcoholic. I don't know which situation was worst because I now cant stop drinking.... Obviously everyone is just going to say I have not resolved some issues....  But what I'm looking for out of this post is some help or advice to get out of this alcohol trap that I am now in.

Thanks

• Upvote 2

Addiction stems from isolation. Perhaps integrating this 'daddy issue' gave evidence to a belief, that you are alone. My advice is to find evidence that this is not true, Teal has a letter type message that I keep in an envelope labelled 'Read this when your feeling lonely'. If you google Teal Swan 22 January 2014 you can find it. Also, stay connected to those around you. It's so easy to feel misunderstood to the point, where we stop sharing our experience with others. If you can't find a support system at home, post, comment and chat on this forum, there's always someone wanting to help.

• Upvote 2

We drink or use drugs to fill some underlying need. What need does that satisfy for you and how can you get this need met without the alcohol? It sounds as though your anger at your Father was something you had already been addicted to and resolving that issue left you with unresolved anger that needs to be addressed. We resolve one issue only to find there are deeper issues still to be addressed. Take heart! These issues could only be revealed by addressing the Daddy issues and can only be resolved in the light of truth. healing is a life long process and is its own satisfaction. It is a struggle but a satisfying one. I find Celebrate Recovery provides me with a safe  community within which I can openly and honestly address some of those issues. I think Teal's family here is another that blends the therapeutic and the spiritual. Feel free to message me if i can help. Peace

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, nuia said:

Addiction stems from isolation. Perhaps integrating this 'daddy issue' gave evidence to a belief, that you are alone. My advice is to find evidence that this is not true, Teal has a letter type message that I keep in an envelope labelled 'Read this when your feeling lonely'. If you google Teal Swan 22 January 2014 you can find it. Also, stay connected to those around you. It's so easy to feel misunderstood to the point, where we stop sharing our experience with others. If you can't find a support system at home, post, comment and chat on this forum, there's always someone wanting to help.

It is strange because I have a loving family and children around me all the time but yet I still at points feel isolated like you said. I have no problem making friends but I never keep them, I feel like people always let me down so I push them away before they can hurt me. This seems to me as I'm writing this that I am replicating the original issue but in reverse. It's like I won't allow myself to be hurt again but in turn don't allow people in. I don't enjoy drinking and hate feeling drunk so I don't understand why I can't get through a night without a drink.

• Upvote 1

A drink has become the doorway to connecting with people but as you drink you poison those connections and become someone you are not. You must find a way to be open honest authentic and vulnerable in your relationships and that can only come when you face your pain. God loves you, I love you, Teal loves you, dive down deep into that pain face it and come out the other side into the light of self love.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, wash said:

This seems to me as I'm writing this that I am replicating the original issue but in reverse. It's like I won't allow myself to be hurt again but in turn don't allow people in. I don't enjoy drinking and hate feeling drunk so I don't understand why I can't get through a night without a drink.

Often the root trauma will have reflective traumas throughout your history.  If these reflective traumas are painful enough, you will then recreate the trauma in your current reality. There may also be other aspects of you that are still trapped with the original trauma because their needs were not met.

CP is not a one time cure all.  There are many layers to our healing.  Please consider continuing to do CP, this time on your addiction to alcohol.

• Upvote 2

Alcohol lowers your conciousness. Its a way you use to make it a barebel problem. It could work for a day but problems shoudnt be bareble they should be solved.

The friends you sent away before they can hurt you is in fact a very noble thing.

Cause you dont let them make the same mistake your father did so they dont feel guilty. But instead you hurt yourself badly by doing this.

What i would do is do complision proces to resolve the father problem. The alcohol addiction will automaticly resolve it self.

Guess you are a caring person for others. But its time to take care of yourself for a few minutes.

Never forget to be good to yourself.

Succes

On 10/14/2016 at 3:45 PM, wash said:

I am now a person who has went from not drinking alcohol to being a alcoholic. 

What were your feelings about alcohol before and how has it changed since you started drinking?

@wash attaching few pages of metaohysical anatomy about alcoholism. Please read...i have read it but i am not alcoholic so i cant relate. You please check, it will help definately and i must say you need your wife's support. I wish you show this to your wife

20161018_104850.jpg

20161018_105002.jpg

20161018_105029.jpg

20161018_105204.jpg

• Upvote 5