veruka

Completion Process Woes

5 posts in this topic

1. When I try to sink into the feeling it goes away.

2. I can't remember the first time I felt that way.

3. My inner child is actually supporting me because my adult self is in pain and the adult self needs the support. The inner child

seems more together than the adult self. That is I get visions of my inner child comforting me. 

OK what's going on here. 

Anyone know the contact of the oriental male practitioner from LA  that came to the Toronto workshop? I have misplaced his contact info.

With the cold weather and SAD season starting I really need some help.

PS. my trauma came in the form of being accidentally left in a car at night in a remote area when I was two

Edited by veruka
  • Upvote 3

Thanks for connecting us, @Trinity Anderson! :)

@veruka - with just the short descriptions you gave, it appears you are hitting a defense mechanism.  That is common.  Have you read Teal's book?  She walks you through how to overcome common defense mechanisms.  The main idea is to completely accept what is coming up as valid and go deeper.  However, the trauma suffered by your 2 year old is abandonment trauma, which is difficult to resolve without someone you trust supporting you during a CP session

Having the inner child comfort the adult is also not uncommon.  However, that inner child most likely will have needs that also want to be met since the roles have been reversed.  

I would like to help you, and it sounds like we have already met in Toronto.  Please reach out to me.

• Upvote 1

Hi @Amazawa yes we were talking at the lineup to see Teal at the Toronto workshop.  You were saying how much you liked Toronto. Are you still thinking of coming? 

I have been blocked every time I try to recall my trauma. Sometimes I fall asleep (which is hilarious given I have

an insomnia problem).  Most of the time I cannot feel or remember anything. 

So I asked what could be my block .. and I got a vision like this in my head.   What do you think? I know these cones are put on dogs to keep them from scratching while healing. Am I not supposed to do the CP process? Would it expose a wound that is too raw still? Am I to wait? What do you think. 

dog.jpg

On 10/26/2016 at 0:10 PM, veruka said:

So I asked what could be my block .. and I got a vision like this in my head.   What do you think? I know these cones are put on dogs to keep them from scratching while healing. Am I not supposed to do the CP process? Would it expose a wound that is too raw still? Am I to wait? What do you think. 

Only you can answer these question with certainty.  Trust your intuition, which seems to indicate that you are currently not ready to expose a wound that is too raw.  At least, not by yourself.

As I mentioned above, if your trauma is abandonment.  It is very difficult to do CP on that by yourself.

As for me returning to Toronto, I am currently planning to offer CP Immersion workshops in Toronto the latter half of January 2017.  Yes, I love the energy of Toronto. :) 

Edited by Amazawa