Sign in to follow this  
Joeyc

'You don't legally have to go to school.'

4 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I came to this topic by accident besides I'm still in school and mine is so strickt

School what do you think of it? Or what could change? 

How you were educated? what experience do you had there?

what do think of system?

I found this video and think some school sound actually very cool. I was just in normal school and hard time there.

What do think of this schools?

please share you experience and your thoughts on this topic.

I'm exciting for your answers xD^_^

much love and have wonderful day

• Upvote 1

I really don't like the school system in America. There are so many things I don't like but the main thing I hate is that they put you in grade levels with kids who are the same age as you as if that implies that they're on the same level mentally with you. A lot of kids don't learn at the same rate as others. I also don't like the way they teach you, where the teacher makes the schedule telling you what you have to learn, how you're going to learn it, and how long you're going to learn it. I think that kids should be able to make their own learning plan so that it suits the way they learn. This way they can get more out of whatever they're learning. They also should be able to decide what they're going to learn because the truth is some people are good at english and history type subjects and they just don't get math at all. Why should you force a kid who's not left brained at all to take math courses that they have no need for to function in life? 

I also feel like the school system is set up for extroverts and not introverts. I read somewhere the school system as we know it in America was set up for the industrialized economy. So schools were set up to mold you for that type of society even though we've evolved a lot since then.  

This is a really passionate topic for me because my own school experience was terrible. 

• Upvote 5

I remember the worst part of my day was going to school and the best was after school lol. also some people cant afford college in America, its not even an option, so they don't think past that, just where do I want to work. I know in France college is free or very cheap, so of course college is going to be an option and have a better life because we're still running on that going to school to get a piece of paper paradigm, but we have the internet..... age of information, and you might not even want to do that. school just seems like a day care for kids, some people don't see a lot of options, and if they have a learning disability or something that's even worse, way to give a kid self esteem lol. kids that grew up with the internet and take advantage of that information are super smart. im sure some people grew up like that, tell their kid " what do you want to learn today?" and they learn it in a month and move on to the next subject, not wait a whole year to get to the next level, they can know it now.

• Upvote 3

Wow thank you for sharing this . I never been to america school or collage ,because I'm from Switzerland. I also didn't know  that colleges in ametica are such expansive.Also was never good at math.

• Upvote 1