Micah

The practice of starving ourselves to heighten our awareness?

I actually mean going through periods of not eatting much for the purpose of heightening our senses, thus our awareness. Could this be classified as a hack, I think not as long as it is preformed in a healthy way. 

I went 5 days without eating or talking, it sucked and by the 5th day I couldn't meditate cause there wasn't enough nutrients in my brain to hold attention

basically just gave up on life and then I stopped existing and for once felt that deep, overwhelming feeling of peace and calm. I realized I didn't exist and neither did anything else and in that sense I was one with the illusion 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, tyadg said:

I went 5 days without eating or talking, it sucked and by the 5th day I couldn't meditate cause there wasn't enough nutrients in my brain to hold attention

basically just gave up on life and then I stopped existing and for once felt that deep, overwhelming feeling of peace and calm. I realized I didn't exist and neither did anything else and in that sense I was one with the illusion 

Wow, that is interesting. Thank you for sharing! 

@tyadg I can relate to your experiences, I once went 4 or 5 days without eating or sleeping. It was hard for me to remember when I started, I basically kept going day by day because each day I felt even less and less attached to this dimension or planet.  Love!

I've done alot of this before i ever knew any of the terms like vasting and the like.  Since I was young.  And it's what's got me through the toughest times in my childhood without going fully batshit insane, specially as an insanely sensitive and empathetic individual.  Guess I opted into the wrong parents or something.. But perhaps not all is lost.  for I am where I am today with so much promise that's already taking action to make realized.

• Upvote 1