Dillonseth336

Can't remember what situation caused my emotion

8 posts in this topic

While doing shadow work I fully let myself experience whatever emotion I am feeling. Which does help me release resistance to that emotion. However, when I try to recall or let the first memory of that emotion surface alot of the times I get nothing. What can I do about this in regards to integrating an emotion? This issue is leaving me feeling lost and helpless as I can not resolve the situation that first caused the emotion or the emotion whatsoever. 

9 minutes ago, Dillonseth336 said:

This literally is on every emotion I try to integrate and I have high hopes that the resolution is possible.

Not sure why but just felt the desire to share this video with you on heart as opposed to brain/mind emotion:

• Upvote 1

Have you read Teal's new book on the Completion Process?  It explains exactly what to do with the defense mechanism you are encountering.  You can also review my past posts to similar questions as yours. 

Just FYI you don't need to consciously remember something in order to heal from it. If it isn't coming then that is fine. Often stuff is processed subconsciously and the conscious mind may only get glimpses of images, sounds, sensations, textures, feelings, etc. Don't get hung up on remembering something because remembrance is not essential for healing at all, it just helps.

• Upvote 1

On 04/10/2016 at 2:41 AM, Dillonseth336 said:

This issue is leaving me feeling lost and helpless

explore this.

explore feeling lost and helpless, if every emotion you are trying to 'work' with, leads to that.

don't try to control the process, just go with it. if listening to your emotions ends up pointing at this feeling, look at the feeling.

• Upvote 1