Sign in to follow this  
Booom

How long did you love someone without them loving back?

6 posts in this topic

There comes a time when you get tired of loving someone who doesn't feel the same way.

What was the longest you loved someone with nothing in return?

:)

• Upvote 1

Guest amy f

I have loved someone for years, I appreciate them and this appreciation is who i am and so i give my energy, myself, to this being without there knowing. There really are no words,when you know yourself to be in different bodies but are one soul. One being. This love cant be penetrated or destroyed. Self recognition. Pure acceptance and presence. I don't receive anything in the physical sense,but my giving is the receiving because i am in truth giving to myself. Feeling "if only you could see you through my eyes, you would know yourself." Don't get me wrong. It can hurt though. The pain is not from not receiving physically anything from them, but the not being with them at all!

Since your asking "how long" makes me think that, one who asks how long, is waiting for something. Is wanting it to end because your in some kind of pain. Maybe ask yourself why. Do you feel unappreciated and unloved? Do you love yourself all? If we "love" someone who doesn't feel the same way, i think has something to do with self worth. They are reflecting what you really feel about yourself. Is it really love if it involves an energy of "give to me"? Maybe there are reasons, shadows, you are unaware of right now, as to why you are longing for someone who is not giving you what you need. <3

Thank you! you took this question to a deep level :) <3

And yes i am in pain because i want balance. To love someone and not be with them is frustrating. I want this to end so i'll be emotionally  available for a new relationship with someone who will feel the same way.

About 5,5 times for usually 1 up to 2 years being with them in school. There would be the question what really would be a return on that? This had become suffering after a while so i would start to see the smallest things as signs which would give me hope, false hope. This is a great example of how the ego is responsible for that suffering. But on the other hand it is just doing its job trying to mirror your childhood.

• Upvote 1

4 years! But it wasn't really love, it was a quiet kind of desperation. When you truly love someone, you don't need them to love you back. Love will never be painful. If it is, it's not love.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, lightworker said:

4 years! But it wasn't really love, it was a quiet kind of desperation. When you truly love someone, you don't need them to love you back. Love will never be painful. If it is, it's not love.

right.

• Upvote 1