Courtney Callahan

Enlightenment and Emotional Healing

5 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday morning I got in a car accident on the highway which totaled my car. Thankfully, I walked away without a scratch. While reflecting on the accident, some thoughts about past trauma and healing have entered my mind, and tonight I feel especially compelled and thankful to be able to ask you for your opinion on the following questions.

I am curious what others think about enlightenment and emotional healing. I have suffered panic attacks in the past (about 4 years ago), and found that understanding enlightenment and the ego mind through reading Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now and A New Earth truly helped me find peace and relief from the traumatic levels of anxiety I experienced. I thought that meant I was healed. However, I started experiencing panic again these past couple of weeks after reading the Completion Process, as if there was part of me that still needed attention and saw that as an opportunity to become integrated.

This got me thinking - is enlightenment enough to heal emotional trauma? If not, why? When do we need to apply other methods like the Completion Process and dive deeper into the root of the pain rather than disidentifying from it? 

Thank you <3

20 minutes ago, Courtney Callahan said:

This got me thinking - is enlightenment enough to heal emotional trauma? If not, why? When do we need to apply other methods like the Completion Process and dive deeper into the root of the pain rather than disidentifying from it? 

Enlightenment means different things to different people. There have been rare examples of people who reached such a state of high vibrations that all their traumas were reset.  However, that is irrelevant in your case because you are again experiencing panic attacks.  Healing the traumas that underly your panic attacks is also a path to enlightenment. 

So, instead of debating the meaning of enlightenment, please consider just using the Completion Process as the means for you to reach enlightenment.  When you become whole again, you will be enlightened.

Also, the Completion Process done correctly also has you disidentifying from your pain.  That is part of the process.  It would be a mistake to think otherwise.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Courtney Callahan said:

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday morning I got in a car accident on the highway which totaled my car. Thankfully, I walked away without a scratch. While reflecting on the accident, some thoughts about past trauma and healing have entered my mind, and tonight I feel especially compelled and thankful to be able to ask you for your opinion on the following questions.

I am curious what others think about enlightenment and emotional healing. I have suffered panic attacks in the past (about 4 years ago), and found that understanding enlightenment and the ego mind through reading Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now and A New Earth truly helped me find peace and relief from the traumatic levels of anxiety I experienced. I thought that meant I was healed. However, I started experiencing panic again these past couple of weeks after reading the Completion Process, as if there was part of me that still needed attention and saw that as an opportunity to become integrated.

Thank you <3

That is your opportunity to become whole again and get rid of the panic attacks for good without even needing to use any kind of meditation or practice to be present. You can be sure those panic attacks would have been back after a few days or weeks without being present which can not happen if you do the completion process just once, in some cases you might have to do it a few times especially if you are a beginner but that really depends. 
You should also consider that some negative emotions or circumstances in your life might also be connected to this particular trauma without you even knowing it, they would be solved aswell.
Not to mention that your counciousness will be able to be even more present than before if you integrate all those split up streams from traumas in your past which would make the path to enlightenment a lot easier, well probably it is even neccessary to heal your past traumas, others might meditate decades to integrate their traumas in order to reach enlightenment and you have the privilige to just solve them with this single process.

But there are many ways to define enlightenment. The enlightenment where you live in perfect bliss for the rest of your life does not exist according to teal, in order to experience ups you need to have downs. The difference for enlightened beings is that they are counciously in control over their negative emotions and by control i mean they disidentify from it. So they still experience negative emotions but they are just like neutral if they want to. Thats atleast my opinion on enlightenment.
A human will never be satisfied give him the world and he will want the stars that goes for everything the only thing that can change this is your own perspective on things which changes over years of spirituality.

10 hours ago, Courtney Callahan said:

I think of enlightenment as a function of the higher mind and connection of the higher mind to universal or source consciousness where panic attacks, post traumatic stress and other similar aspects of the mind are connected to the animal or hind brain and are basic survival mechanisms that are intended to insure survival even if the higher brain functions are no longer functioning. When these defense mechanisms are triggered while the higher brain is functioning we seem to be double-minded, unable to control our feelings and actions. Teal's Completion Process helps us to reconnect with those deep seated defense mechanisms and communicate to our inner child, animal hind brain functions and help soothe these over active and inappropriate defense reactions. It's a process that takes time and effort as if trying to soothe the fears of a child who has bad dreams and unexpected fears. To dis-identify from it neither heals nor connects with the pain and its results. Worse case scenario might be a complete personality split between conscious and animal brains. Indeed I think the world is full of people acting out of their fear and pain with no conscious understanding of why they do what they do and no control over their lives at all. enlightenment is the process of becoming aware of all these levels of mind and bringing them under more conscious control.

12 hours ago, Courtney Callahan said:

When do we need to apply other methods like the Completion Process and dive deeper into the root of the pain rather than disidentifying from it? 

Thank you <3

I think there are different ways to look at disidentification. 
Sometimes disidentification can be an attempt at sedating an experience rather than releasing ourselves from the grips of its illusion. 

Other times disidentification can become a natural result of looking at an experience or emotion and realizing that we are separate from that feeling or experience, and it is something arising within the space of awareness. I think this is what Non-Dual and Advaita are kind of about. This kind of disidentification is liberating. As far as I understand it also functions as a mechanism for releasing emotions and imprints, but that's kind of a byproduct of it and not it's main aim. It is not suited to most temperaments as a path for releasing pain.  

Sedating experiences means we're not truly addressing them. A good barometer for whether or not you are sedating through disidentification is asking yourself if you're still ok with the feeling being there with you. If there is still the need to 'do something' about the feeling, then it is likely an attempt at sedation.

Sedating our experiences doesn't address or resolve them, and though we can fool ourselves into thinking they are addressed, they will continue to cause disturbance within the body and emotions. I find that 'diving into' the root of pain and allowing it to be is a powerful mechanism that allows pain and other experiences to unfold and resolve naturally.