Stephanie Wintermute

Job Vs. Calling

29 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I've been restless all night. I keep trying to stay away from the site to hide my feelings of exposure and failure, but what the hell. Here it is:

I applied for a job at a small, lucrative neighborhood coffee shop two blocks from my house yesterday, and absolutely killed the interview. I had been a little on the fence about taking just any old job position, but it had seemed like a good way to 'serve,' and earn funds since I'm applying for an artists' community in my city that allows for artists and musicians to live in a complex with like creative minds (my dream), and lower income requirements for those who qualify. One has to make less than 36,120 per year in income to live there. 

Got the news via email today that the coffee shop couldn't offer me the job. I felt utterly sick, rejected, and lead on. They knew via my resume that I didn't have tons of barista experience, but they called me in to interview anyway. I have over ten years of retail experience, I need to move by October, and it hit a nerve so deep, I'm still working on the trigger(s). I can't even properly move through it yet; it's the feeling of utter excitement and triumph dropping out of clear blue sky to connect with a surprise 100 mph pitch lobbed at a dunk tank lever. I'm shocked to death in ice cold water, rejected rigid toast, and I'm still furious. I volunteer, I'm moving energy around like it's the ultimate roundhouse kick to the system. But what, I couldn't learn how to sling coffee fast enough? I didn't want to be a part of my community enough? 

I'm rolling through these feelings, too exhausted to use the 'Completion Process' any more. 

This being said, I'd love some aspects from this community about the constant struggle: find a job, or follow your calling? Or both? I'm too stubborn to conform, or compromise my happiness at this point, but the severe changes are on the horizon. It's taking everything I have in me not to psychoanalyze my highest possible outcome, and try to formulate a contingency plan in the face of the greatest adversity. I guess the new reaction is 'let it happen, can't wait,' but... I'm clawing helplessly for answers right now. 

Thoughts? *sigh* Let's talk this all the way out, if you're into it! 

• Upvote 3

You are so brave to share this... It sounds a lot like I sounded a while ago about something equally as life-changing. I did, however, get the answer but not in the way i had expected or wanted but it happened nonetheless and things turned out better than i could have imagined. The thing is, we sometimes try to rush things to have more control over the situation and thus not end up in a powerless feeling. But it is so true and never more so than at times like these, that when one door is closed it is because a different, even more 'aligned' door is just about to open for us. 

The problem is that sometimes by trying to control instead of sitting back and letting our 'dream life' happen, we end up changing our focus to the point of altering things. Fortunately, there are a lot of little and big disappointments along the way to kind of remind us that this specific thing will not take us where we are actually wanting to go that we can easily use any one of them to step back, take stock and then reconsider our focus and then make the necessary adjustments in our focus. 

If there is even the smallest feeling of 'this is not for me', then it is always a gamble, in my opinion. 

Just my 10cent worth, hope it makes sense. 

Wishing you much success and good luck in all your pursuits. xx

• Upvote 3

Your end-goal seems to be (in your own words) a "way to 'serve,' and earn funds" while you're working towards joining your artists community. But by clinging to the idea that that will come to you through this particular job restricts the universe's ability to bring you what you want in the most efficient way. Maybe try to focus on or visualize yourself with the funds you need, in the community you want, serving people (if you want), and let the universe bring you whatever works.

Good luck! :)

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Crash Test Spiritualist said:

But by clinging to the idea that that will come to you through this particular job restricts the universe's ability to bring you what you want in the most efficient way.

Samantha, you're 100% correct there. I guess that's where I run into the most walls - that balance of acting on my intuition, and a gaining idea. Sometimes (like this morning), I just get preoccupied with 'what should I do to help move things along?' I'm impatient for forward movement toward my goals. I don't just want to sit and let life move around me when I need to move by this fall. It's kind of funny, though. I've had a lot of success this weekend, and I'm still in a good place. 

9 hours ago, Crash Test Spiritualist said:

Maybe try to focus on or visualize yourself with the funds you need, in the community you want, serving people (if you want), and let the universe bring you whatever works.

Check. Did this a lot this morning (great advice), and now, I'm going to take a break, jump in the shower, and take a nice walk. It's beautiful outside, and that's priceless,lol. 

• Upvote 2

Stephanie thank you for sharing. There are few things that are occurring here. I'd like to say to begin with, that where you regard being stubborn is not necessarily being stubborn and there is no need to compromise as you're being true to your path or direction you are choosing. This is a vital aspect that you should stay at peace with as it is aligned to your desire and follows the law of allowance.

You're splitting your energy through your thoughts and this means that your intent becomes misty. When you split the energy by swinging between emotions, this cycles between different points of attraction. By not receiving the job is not a validation that you are not successful in what you originally intended to create (job wise). This depends on the emotion that was applied in your intent and what has transpired since, both in clarity and manifestation. 

It is important to not veiw this as being unsuccessful and to maintain focus and embody the emotion of what you're trying to create, as the universe responds to that point of attraction, that of which you have summonsed to your higher self. If your higher self is right, then your desire may yet still be manifesting. This means that this job may not be right in accordance with your vibration or what you desire to create, meaning it's still yet to come (the right job), so go with the flow as they say.

When we change our emotion around what is perceived as not working out, then we split our energy into different focus points and this interferes with what we desire and can change the direction or deviate from creative path.

A solution, is to change your focus to generalise your thought, energy and emotion until you're able to resume the pure focus of your intent or desire. It is about the emotion that the universe responds to most vividly and rapidly. Thought creates and the mind brings the desire into focus.  This means that once your emotions to whatever you desire are align to your intent, then your emotions attract the energy that is required to co-create ones' desire. This is why when we wish to create something, that we are clear on what we want so that our emotions reflect and project or emit the frequency accordingly.

I hope this provides some insight. I'm sure you're already aware of this and I wish you well? L&L

On 6/13/2016 at 4:43 AM, Hope_vZ said:

The thing is, we sometimes try to rush things to have more control over the situation and thus not end up in a powerless feeling. But it is so true and never more so than at times like these, that when one door is closed it is because a different, even more 'aligned' door is just about to open for us. 

This is the deep gut feeling I have. I've been using one of Teal's techniques to entrain with a future aspect of self, and that's been throwing my advancement into hyper-drive over the last few months. That being said, it's one of the lulls before the next big leap, and I'm getting antsy, lol. I've had a lot of trouble sleeping in the last few days, and yesterday, I was able to finally sleep. I slept and let my body and mind rest for over 18 hours! Now that all the momentum has subsided, I'm getting it flowing again in the right direction, seeing what would be the most exciting course of action, and just taking it easy. I can already feel that by this weekend, I'll have some amazing answers, and a lot of fun along the way. 

Worrying has never helped me. In the past, I've accomplished all goals along a path, then proceeded to find other things to worry about. I'm retiring that modality, lol. I was just talking to my ascended masters about it, and that seemed to be the consensus. The answer was 'You literally have nothing to worry about, you've visualized it all, already. Just take it easy, and keep entraining with your future self daily.' I mean, there was a little chuckle afterward. Like, 'Silly rabbit. We love you, but Silly Rabbit. Enjoy your day, Silly Rabbit.' Hilarious. I was worrying (again) about my car making interesting sounds yesterday, since I use it to get to band practice. But ya know? Uber is Uber for a reason. And, if it comes to that, who even knows? I don't think money is going to be a problem ever again, that's the very clear message I'm getting. My roommate keeps telling me I'm going to be homeless if I don't do something, then telling me he doesn't want to bring me down. So? Lol. He's literally about to drop out of my life, I can feel it. He's next on the vibrational hit list, lol. It's been coming for a while. I'm about to clear the thing he keeps mirroring to me, and it's going to be soon

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Stephanie Wintermute said:

This is the deep gut feeling I have. I've been using one of Teal's techniques to entrain with a future aspect of self, and that's been throwing my advancement into hyper-drive over the last few months. That being said, it's one of the lulls before the next big leap, and I'm getting antsy, lol. I've had a lot of trouble sleeping in the last few days, and yesterday, I was able to finally sleep. I slept and let my body and mind rest for over 18 hours! Now that all the momentum has subsided, I'm getting it flowing again in the right direction, seeing what would be the most exciting course of action, and just taking it easy. I can already feel that by this weekend, I'll have some amazing answers, and a lot of fun along the way. 

Worrying has never helped me. In the past, I've accomplished all goals along a path, then proceeded to find other things to worry about. I'm retiring that modality, lol. I was just talking to my ascended masters about it, and that seemed to be the consensus. The answer was 'You literally have nothing to worry about, you've visualized it all, already. Just take it easy, and keep entraining with your future self daily.' I mean, there was a little chuckle afterward. Like, 'Silly rabbit. We love you, but Silly Rabbit. Enjoy your day, Silly Rabbit.' Hilarious. I was worrying (again) about my car making interesting sounds yesterday, since I use it to get to band practice. But ya know? Uber is Uber for a reason. And, if it comes to that, who even knows? I don't think money is going to be a problem ever again, that's the very clear message I'm getting. My roommate keeps telling me I'm going to be homeless if I don't do something, then telling me he doesn't want to bring me down. So? Lol. He's literally about to drop out of my life, I can feel it. He's next on the vibrational hit list, lol. It's been coming for a while. I'm about to clear the thing he keeps mirroring to me, and it's going to be soon

That's it! Spot on with everything!?

• Upvote 1

I absolutely hate this not knowing sometimes.

As much as I know that if we knew how the future will work out, life would be really boring, sometimes we all need a little assurance and help. It really sucks. I'm hoping it all woks out for you, but honestly I know the feeling that you're in right now and I know that it can suck real bad.

So dear universe, I know that we don't know how things should work out or that they will at all, but sometimes some reassurance would be nice. Thanks!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GabijaCij said:

So dear universe, I know that we don't know how things should work out or that they will at all, but sometimes some reassurance would be nice. Thanks!

Thanks @GabijaCij, I so appreciate you empathizing with me on this. I was really sitting with the emotion of disappointment when I wrote that post, and it was an exercise in reaching out to others for reassurance of some kind that lead me to share it. I was actually going to delete it but I'm glad I didn't, lol. 

I meditated a lot on and off this morning, had some great chats with my guides and I'm feeling much more resolved right now. That being said:

Dear Universe, part 2, thank you for keeping things exciting for me, thank you for all my new supportive friends on this forum, and I can't wait to let them know when you reveal to me the really cool opportunities that were just around the corner that I would have missed if I'd gotten what I thought was the best one. Also, thank you for having a great sense of humor. I really appreciate it. 

I asked the Universe a couple of months ago to show me blue butterflies if it wanted me to take on singing as a career. It has continuously shown them to me, so I think it may be confused as to why I keep worrying about the job thing. Honestly, I don't blame it, hahha. 

The picture is what I saw just after typing that. Again, sense of humor. 

Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 1.11.05 PM.png

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Collide said:

Your writing is fuoco. It may to do with your calling. Thanks for inspiring us

Thanks @Collide. Also, I kid you not, I just got an email response this very second about a writing opportunity I'd applied for, lol. Damn, Universe! You're too much! 

• Upvote 1

Rock on! I just scheduled an interview to write and potentially work with people who need help with financial aid and health outreach! I think that might just be perfect! *does Snoopy dance* It might not be a perfect fit, but that doesn't mean I can't be excited about it right now! 

Thanks for all the support, guys! I heart you! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Stephanie Wintermute said:

Rock on! I just scheduled an interview to write and potentially work with people who need help with financial aid and health outreach! I think that might just be perfect! *does Snoopy dance* It might not be a perfect fit, but that doesn't mean I can't be excited about it right now! 

Thanks for all the support, guys! I heart you! 

Hah! I love this update lol Congratulations! :)

Stephanie, just to reassure you a little further maybe... i had some experiences with job-stuff too, once i stayed even if they didnt really want me and i didnt really want that but stayed for the money, and it got me into a burnout. and another time, i didnt get the job even if my qualifications had been just fine for it and i found myself in the same place you were yesterday. and then i remembered the feeling of the first job i mentioned, and when i meditated on it, i got the answer that when they dont really want me, then i dont really want that, then it is something else the universe has in store for me... it is totally fine to feel that disappointment, AND whatever happens, the best vibrational match will strike ;) after all i got a job as gardener after that for a while and that was just perfect back then :)

just a little question: how could you implement the singing-part with that new job thingie? :) (just dont forget to follow the butterflies...)

• Upvote 1