Garnet

Nail problems

9 posts in this topic

Hello, everyone!

Has Teal ever talked about nail problems and what causes it? 

Recently my nails have become so weak. They split or break from just about anything i touch!

I eat healthy. Never had acrylic  (fake) nails. I do wear nail polish, never had problems with it. But maybe something has changed. 

Please advise ❤

I drink lots of milk , always have , and my nails have lines and ridges on them that are getting worse. I am also trying to convert from meat to a fruit and veg diet. Not easy for a life long meat eater who lives next to a cattle farm. Would taking multi vitamins help or better still what do I eat to improve this deficiency ?.

So in this video Marcus talks about calcium. He says to absorb calcium we need cilica and magnesium.

Also my eating habits did change. I just don't feel hunger the same way i used to. I can relate to this video in some ways where they talk about eating 1 meal a day and snacks anytime. I definitely see advantages of this lifestyle especially if you're in a hot climate zone.

Btw has anyone tried Marcus 's Green formula, Wild Force or anything else? Just curious.  It's getting colder and i feel like my eating habits will change again due to shortage of fresh organic produce in the stores.

Walt is correct; it is a clear sign of calcium deficiency. Also you are likely low in magnesium and zinc. This is common in blood type O’s, (I am one myself and have signs as well), however surely other blood types can also be deficient. The nails are connected to the bone tissues, so this means if not dealt with you might start having trouble with your bones as well. Do you follow any dietary restrictions? I try to provide the calcium and zinc I need through diet. The way I help provide myself with magnesium is by drinking Natural Vitality’s CALM drink.

38 minutes ago, Nick S said:

Do you follow any dietary restrictions? I try to provide the calcium and zinc I need through diet. The way I help provide myself with magnesium is by drinking Natural Vitality’s CALM drink.

I don't eat meat. Mostly vegan now, not crazy strict.  I will definitely look into that drink.  Thank you!

18 minutes ago, walt said:

If you decide to take a calcium supplement make sure it is derived from vegetables, NOT rocks.

Thank you too!

5 hours ago, Craig said:

I drink lots of milk , always have , and my nails have lines and ridges on them that are getting worse. I am also trying to convert from meat to a fruit and veg diet. Not easy for a life long meat eater who lives next to a cattle farm. Would taking multi vitamins help or better still what do I eat to improve this deficiency ?.

Just start with substituting one meal a day to a full fruit/veg.  Then couple times a week  add second meal. Also add nuts, seeds, legums. When you will start having 2 veg. meals a day, you will notice a huge difference in your well being, especially if you decide otherwise. For me it feels like a thirst if i can't get enough fresh fruit/veg.

I am magnesium deficient according to the symptoms . So it is two bananas per day , and more avo,s . Bananas are dirt cheap here , $1.50 per kilo , and the avo trees are loaded with flowers again this year. Now only eating red meat once per week , chicken once or twice , and fresh reef fish at least once per week. I am a big fan of the one meal per day around the mid arvo time. The rest of the day I snack on fruit. Lost over ten kilos since I started this. Muscle mass has increased with little work , just swimming and some resistance training. Thank you for your great advice as usual , It would have  taken longer to work out otherwise.