Lynnel

Done reading the book : not so standard questions

6 posts in this topic

Hello there everyone,

I've finished reading the book and I came across the problems while doing the process :

1) The numbness. And the problem is deeper because it's not dispair. I'm totaly fine with feeling dispair - I have a lot of hope about life. I allow myself to feel desperate and it passes, but the numbness often remains. I looked deeper into it and understood the problem while reading Evette Roose : I was born from a caesarean operation and the drugs involved there contributed to my emotional numbness. My question is, since it's not really trauma, it's some sort of physical impact, how do I feel it trough ? What can be done about it ?

2) I have no memories coming up when I sit with the feeling. None. I just have intense physical sensations, and then they are gone. Hence, I don't know what to do the process with...because I can't recall the root trauma memory.

Thank you very much

blessings !

• Upvote 1

On 9/25/2016 at 10:03 AM, Lynnel said:

Hello there everyone,

I've finished reading the book and I came across the problems while doing the process :

1) The numbness. And the problem is deeper because it's not dispair. I'm totaly fine with feeling dispair - I have a lot of hope about life. I allow myself to feel desperate and it passes, but the numbness often remains. I looked deeper into it and understood the problem while reading Evette Roose : I was born from a caesarean operation and the drugs involved there contributed to my emotional numbness. My question is, since it's not really trauma, it's some sort of physical impact, how do I feel it trough ? What can be done about it ?

The numbness is a defense mechanism.  As Teal explained in the book, the way to deal with numbness is to sink into the numbness and ask what is underneath the numbness. 

On 9/25/2016 at 10:03 AM, Lynnel said:

2) I have no memories coming up when I sit with the feeling. None. I just have intense physical sensations, and then they are gone. Hence, I don't know what to do the process with...because I can't recall the root trauma memory.

Thank you very much

blessings !

Fully feel the intense physical sensations and ask again: when was the first time that I felt this.  Sometimes, your journey to the root trauma is through multiple layers of emotions.

Avoid searching for the memory, just keep following the emotions that come up. Then, the root trauma memory will naturally float into your consciousness.  If you actively search for it, you will not find it.

• Upvote 2

On 25.9.2016 at 8:03 PM, Lynnel said:

If the emotion is there and the memory does not come back, that is all you need. What you can do then is to do a visualization of your inner child, have you two sit in a room and do the rest of the Process (continuing from the step involving validating the child's emotions or meeting the needs) and it works just the same. I have had one of my most powerful integrations without the memory surfacing!

• Upvote 1

On 6/11/2017 at 0:46 AM, Heidi Havula said:

What you can do then is to do a visualization of your inner child, have you two sit in a room and do the rest of the Process (continuing from the step involving validating the child's emotions or meeting the needs) and it works just the same. I have had one of my most powerful integrations without the memory surfacing!

Thank you for this, @Heidi Havula.  I recently facilitated a number of sessions similar to what you described.  The children were already present in the consciousness without a memory.  They were all powerful sessions that I experienced as rebirth.

• Upvote 1

On 6/27/2017 at 4:57 AM, Amazawa said:

Thank you for this, @Heidi Havula.  I recently facilitated a number of sessions similar to what you described.  The children were already present in the consciousness without a memory.  They were all powerful sessions that I experienced as rebirth.

Amazing! Proves further how memories are so much more than just the visual aspect..

• Upvote 2

Hello Lynnel! 

I hope you were already helped greatly. My recommendation would be to relax in your body completely. It seems to me that you're trying to GO somewhere.
I would invite you warmly to allow the  process to unfold. this is best achieved by being guided, yet you can do it yourself, too. What I also would offer is a 
varition of how you go about the process. Instead of having JUST "when was the very first time I felt this way?", you can ask yourself "who did you (condition)
come into existence?" or "what do you want to tell me", or " I am open to listening and feeling into you.". You are brave and great and I hope you find a way
to make the CP perfect for yourself personally. If any other things remain unclear, you can always ask here <3 Sincerly.