Rahul Johar

Are these two things related?

7 posts in this topic

So a few nights ago I was in a dark negative spiral down the rabbit hole; hopeless, powerless thoughts, crying, self hating thoughts etc. etc. you get the idea, it was 5 in the morning and I was in this state for a couple hours, I wasn't doing anything else, at some point I fell asleep and I woke up with a terrible sore throat, runny nose, headache and cough. I haven't been sick in over a year prior to this and yet this happened, could it be related and, if so, why?

Edited by Rahul Johar

With my study of Ayurveda, it's become clear that the body, mind and spirit are all connected. When having trouble with one, it will affect the others. For instance, anger is related to the liver. This means if someone is very anger, there liver will start having trouble operating correctly; and vise versa, if the liver is having trouble operating, such as from excess alcohol consumption, the person is likely to have a tendency towards anger. I wish I could give more scientific facts to back this up, but still have a lot to learn. The mouth, mandible, and pituitary/Pineal gland are often related to indecision, possibly leading to the sore throat, cough and headache. Was there something you were unsure of that was leading to you feeling that way?

• Upvote 3

Isolation can be very powerful, for while in it you are left with nothing but your own emotions. This allows you to look very closely at what you feel might need to be addressed. Was there possibly indecision felt towards how to escape from the isolation? How to find a way of socializing more with others? Or was the isolation self intended?

I've noticed when I get sore throats, coughs, sneezing, headaches - like Nick said, it's due to some indecision. I will be indecisive about what I want and will not line up fully with a choice that I made. For example, once I felt powerless and hated myself after failing to do something that I had intended to do to my satisfaction. I was beating myself up a lot, but there was another part of me that was demanding for me to focus positively and to work through the situation. I felt bipolar, it was hot and then cold. I felt like shit and then I felt very hopeful at the chance that I would work through it, and then I felt like shit again. I had a head cold the next day. 

I have been sneezing a lot lately, and I realize it is because my job is very demanding, it requires all of my focus in the moment, and I am at a time in my life when I am trying to balance my desire to be successful and yet wanting to take care of myself emotionally and mentally first  and align with a success mentality before I act, which would require a lot of time off and a lot of meditation, when my job requires immediate and constant action. So, I am torn between, it seems for now, money and self care. I am trying to find a balance, but it has caused a lot of indecision within me, as money helps with self-care and part of self-care for me happens to be working and being good at my job. 

• Upvote 1

Hmm..well I wasn't thinking about how I might find a way to escape the isolation, I was just sort of drowning and suffering in it, I was almost challenging it to get worse to see where it would take me, to see how bad it can get, there was a weird, twisted satisfaction in it. In the moment I didn't feel like I deserved to be anywhere else so I had terrible thoughts like "you brought this on yourself", "it's too late for you, just suffer now" , "you deserve this", "this is how it's always going to be", etc.

Yes, I know this is quite a depressing post lol sorry about that.

That’s perfectly fine. I have had points of very much the same thoughts and feelings flowing through me. I find it’s important not to suppress the emotions, for it will only make things worse, emotionally and physically. Instead I find ways of expressing, altering, or simply letting go of them, and in doing so it helps me overcome the negative emotions. Two actions I find really help me turn negative emotions around in me are exercise, and helping out others. With the latter, in helping uplift others emotions, mine follow.

• Upvote 1