LaucherJunge

Pain

8 posts in this topic

I wanted to talk with you guys about pain.
All of the really highly awake or enlightened people experienced a lot of pain in their life which got them to where they are now. In my opinion pain can make you even stronger than love does. But where are the borders?
Which pain is good and which pain is not good? Is physical pain also that live changing or is it just the emotional pain? What about people who cause pain to themselves?
For example i was in the situation where i had a crazy painful lovesickness from about the age of 11 to 21 as a very emotional being and with an insecure attachment to my mother and a missing father figure I suffered horrendously and i am now at the point where i am soo thankful for this experience because this pain made me so incredibly strong. I got rid of this pain and the same girl which caused me to feel pain all day and not to be able to eat anything nor sleep would be just laughed about while having the best feelings of happiness at the next day thanks to the completion process. So now i never have to feel this pain again and as wierd it might sound it bothers me that i might have slowed down my developement by decades trough this healing because this pain will not boost me anymore! How do you see this ?

• Upvote 1

I like people who have been through pain, this is probably why I like Teal, it is why I like Teal, not probably lol. I love diving deep in those emotions, I mean, shit and I wonder why I manifest that, I call it to me. I just said I love diving into those emotions. maybe its my comfort zone to feel that, after the lows come the highs come. I love to know the self on all levels, its fascinating to me. on a soul level I love it, but the people around probably don't like it, but I can go deep no problem. I love to clear layers to understand the "self" better. I like to feel a lot, I love to feel, but its also terrifying because its intense on both sides. when I cant feel and express I think that brings me pain, i both fear and love it, but it might be annoying for the other person, but I'm like I'm here to evolve, the pain I've experienced as a kid lit a fire in me that now wants to evolve all day everyday, that was probably my souls intention, like lets wake this mother fucker up with pain. (pardon my French, sometimes I talk like that) the pain taught me what love is, real unconditional love, not just the word, the word alone i can care less about, i grew up hearing the word that meant nothing, just to manipulate, I know that now. I think we all learn from each other, my experience is yours yours is mine and we are more similar than different. and when you're vulnerable and express your pain the heart opens up, even though its terrifying to do that. that's the positive in pain, its a pretty good teacher from life experience.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, walt said:

If you were truly past all of your pain and suffering you would not be contemplating more.

Thats not true, i was releasing resistance to this pain for many months and dont forget that our society makes you think real love is painful and thats what i thought all my life until i got into the spiritual field about 1 year ago and even there it took me a few times to realise this. I wanted to love so i embraced the pain because i was proud of loving so much.
Also you just see the black and white in this situation it is not black and white. Im still more to the side of it being gone is good, it is a great release but there is still the other direction that i mention above.
I am a very objective thinker and sometimes i say things which make people think bad stuff about me while i just express how humans are while im the complete opposite of that which i said.

5 hours ago, walt said:

If you were truly past all of your pain and suffering you would not be contemplating more.

I never said im trough all the pain in my life but you underrestimate the suffering my past caused i have to admit im still a little lovesick about this girl but its like it was an ocean of pain before and now its a pond, it is like nothing to me i can have the most charming smile thats still very authentic and laugh all the time about the silliest jokes.
This pain was always so intense that never in my whole life have i felt anything that got any close to it.

If you'd stop calling it pain, and you'd look at it from a step back, really look at the qualities and flavors that create the pain blend, what would you see? what really kept you awake at night all that time?

6 minutes ago, mufhry said:

If you'd stop calling it pain, and you'd look at it from a step back, really look at the qualities and flavors that create the pain blend, what would you see? what really kept you awake at night all that time?

When i resolved it i actually was talking to that emotion and it told me im that what you would call lovesickness. It felt like my stomach would explode any moment but in a very cold way. When i was done with the process i saw a picture of a monstrous hand that tried to grab me trough the gap in a closing door but it could not reach me. What kept me awake at night is just projecting into all the different situations that happened recently with this person my creative mind had always so many ways of interpreting a single action in any way you could imagine also thinking about actions i have done and how they would impact on this person also i would think about future actions i could take. After a while of this i felt like my eyes were on fire and this cause me to not being able to sleep even if i meditated just the thoughts would slow down the eyes would keep being so wide awake.

1 minute ago, LaucherJunge said:

What kept me awake at night is just projecting into all the different situations that happened recently with this person my creative mind had always so many ways of interpreting a single action in any way you could imagine also thinking about actions i have done and how they would impact on this person also i would think about future actions i could take.

in a word, what kept you awake was the mind. 

the only way to really know pain is to fully meet it, to sit with/in it, without interference from the mind. what you describe above is mind's resistance to the feeling. strategizing how to avoid it. strategizing itself is an evading manoeuvre from feeling, as it moves the attention from feeling into thinking, where there's more perceived control.

also, what you describe is suffering, not pain. suffering is the resistance to pain. resistance is what gives pain a bad rep, because they're most of the times paired and the resistance is on top of the pain, is what we really feel.

the way to distinguish them, is suffering involves struggling, while pain is effortless.

so i am asking again. do you really know that which you call pain? have you let yourself feel it, in the absence of thought? 

2 hours ago, mufhry said:

in a word, what kept you awake was the mind. 

the only way to really know pain is to fully meet it, to sit with/in it, without interference from the mind. what you describe above is mind's resistance to the feeling. strategizing how to avoid it. strategizing itself is an evading manoeuvre from feeling, as it moves the attention from feeling into thinking, where there's more perceived control.

also, what you describe is suffering, not pain. suffering is the resistance to pain. resistance is what gives pain a bad rep, because they're most of the times paired and the resistance is on top of the pain, is what we really feel.

the way to distinguish them, is suffering involves struggling, while pain is effortless.

so i am asking again. do you really know that which you call pain? have you let yourself feel it, in the absence of thought? 

We can talk long about those terms without getting to any conclusion im not native english so its even more pointless for me. I resonate with what you say about the difference of pain and suffering. And yes my mind kept me awake thats the case, what caused my mind to see this subject as so important to think about were those feelings it caused.

And yes i do know it. I accepted and released resistance to it in order to be able to do the completion process and in order to do that i had to get over some obstacles that i had set up in my mind. It is very easy for me to stop my thought im a very advanced meditator and they did not really bother me other than when i tried to sleep with this suffering i was feeling in my stomach.
I mean had i not felt it how would it even be possible for the suffering to be gone overnight because of the completion process. Im never caught up in thoughts during the day unlike other people im fully conscious 99% of the time if i get into thoughts its because of societys high status of mind in society im usually just using my intuition because thats in my opinion the way to be the most authentic.