M_The_Raven

Why do I meet so many people. Exchange numbers. Don't call them?

22 posts in this topic

Like.  I'm going to call her Tomm. 

But I waited um. 4 or 5 days.   

Ive actually been busy.   I do this a lot.  Is that considered rude?    I can never judge the right measure.   

Its not like I preplanned it this way.   It just occurred to me.   That I didn't get a chance to call her. And i was busy.  

She was cool.  I liked her.   But in general.  I do collect a lot of numbers and never call. This time.  I will

Sounds like conflicting values. On the one hand you want to be connected with people and so go out meet people and take their numbers but then you get back to daily existence and find yourself busy and satisfied, you fail to call because you don't feel the need to follow up. So either you feel like you "should" get their number, meaning you are acting on something someone else has defined for you or there is a real desire to connect at the time but no desire for follow up. Do you feel the need to collect numbers as a measure of worth but no need to follow up because you are otherwise afraid to connect? Try watching Teal's YouTube video on how to have a happy life!

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Pastor George said:

Sounds like conflicting values. On the one hand you want to be connected with people and so go out meet people and take their numbers but then you get back to daily existence and find yourself busy and satisfied, you fail to call because you don't feel the need to follow up. So either you feel like you "should" get their number, meaning you are acting on something someone else has defined for you or there is a real desire to connect at the time but no desire for follow up. Do you feel the need to collect numbers as a measure of worth but no need to follow up because you are otherwise afraid to connect? Try watching Teal's YouTube video on how to have a happy life!

I think you're right.    

I'm not upset about it tho 

On 9/22/2016 at 6:42 PM, walt said:

Transitioning out of the fast lane?

No no no. Seriously. She was pretty.  Crazy about me.  Smart.  Well traveled.   Interesting.  We had a really good vibe.   I got her a taxi at 4 am.    

I said "you have to go home now.   I feel connected to you.  But you know. You have to go home now.  Right?"   I kissed her on the temple.  And promised to call.  But. I didn't.  

I do feel bad.  Actually.   But.  I don't know.   It was like.  I got caught up with other stuff. 

She was self sufficient.  Grounded.  Spiritual.   We had a great night. All night.  Talking.   And just connecting.  On soul level.  

I know she's not mad at me.  I just don't know why that happened.    

I sent her home in a cab.  And made sure she was safe.  I said.  

"You can't come over".  

But this week we should grab dinner 

and I kissed on temple and sent her home. That's the last time I saw her

Because I didn't call her.  

But I liked her.  

Sigh.   I'm so mental

So why didn't I call her or something?   

I guess I forgot.    And then I met a bunch of other people that I didn't call.  

People are fond of me.  

But.  I don't know. I'm kind of busy at the moment 

Not tonight.  I'm kind of restless and hungover.  And just stayed in.  Watched movie. I did talk on the phone a lot. 

But im business oriented now.  I'm very social.   I just like been busy. 

And. I feel like I kind of wanted to keep in touch.  But.  Didn't end up that way.   I didn't want to commit. 

I felt like I'm very commitment phobic.  At the moment.    I don't want to be in a relationship at the moment.   Maybe in a little bit.  But not this second.   And you know.   She's a respectable gal.    I can't just be an asshole to her 

I feel like it'd be useful to cultivate a relationship with this person.   I just didn't prioritize it.    And.  Then too much time passed.   I guess I could call her.  

I know I could have whatever. 

We both took cabs home.    She was drinking.  But not totally wasted.  And.  Forget it.  I don't even want to talk about it.  I know if I call her.   It'll probably lead to sex and then moving in.   And kids and marriage.  

I just was.  Nah.   Maybe in the future.  But not today.   I'm too busy.    I have no time for that.   

I guess my focus right now.  Is on. Businsss.  Education. Self improvement.    And physical ---- exercise.  Meditation.    Self interested pursuits.  

And. It's just not on getting involved with some broad. 

It wasn't meant to be.   

Im still hopeless romantic at heart.   ?

She just wasn't "the one".   

---and I got other things on my mind.   And women.   I got no prob.    I don't want any probs with women.    So I just don't even bother right now.  Unless it's super casual.    But   Like   Honestly   I feel like nothin is ever truly casual   

Everyone says that    No one means it  

It's just temporary.  If it was it was a different period of my life.   Yeah. Why not?    But.  No.  I made some other commitments.   Most of all to myself. 

I get bored.  I want to go out.   For like a few hours.  I'll meet someone.  Spark up a connection.   And. Then.  Poof.  It's like that's a whole other job.   

Then you like awkward conversations.   "Yeah. I gotta go to work. And u gotta go... awkward".   

And I promised I wouldn't do that anymore. Unless it was for real next time.    No. no no.   I don't have time to woo 

i just need flexibility right now. 

2 hours ago, M_The_Raven said:

I'm not.   I wasn't promising her my soul.  I just said dinner would be cool.  But. Nah.   I was too busy. 

Then don't offer.  THAT is a good definition of what rude is if you ever wanted one.  Don't lead the girl on, specially if she means so much to you..  You got multiple valid reasons to do what you do, I am sure.. but the people you interact with may be afflicted by how you choose to behave.. 

And a word of advice... if you are going to continue adding to particular posts.. just edit them from time to time?  Otherwise you're flooding your own own thread and it's rather counter productive.  Still, much love and luck to you in your endeavors.

Also.. Don't WOO people.. not many actually like that.. Just be yourself.  You seem quite lovable to me, but don't take more than you can handle!! You don't have to go out there and meet people.. I mean.. if you only do half a job, no fruit comes from it, and if you don't DO anything, nothing will change.  I LOVE that afformation, quote thin~!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AbsoluteWave said:

Then don't offer.  THAT is a good definition of what rude is if you ever wanted one.  Don't lead the girl on, specially if she means so much to you..  You got multiple valid reasons to do what you do, I am sure.. but the people you interact with may be afflicted by how you choose to behave.. 

And a word of advice... if you are going to continue adding to particular posts.. just edit them from time to time?  Otherwise you're flooding your own own thread and it's rather counter productive.  Still, much love and luck to you in your endeavors.

That's the whole point.  I didn't call her.  Partly bc I knew pursuing her would be leading her on.  And that's not my inteeest right now 

I liked the moment we shared. 

I don't know.   It's just not right timing. 

@M_The_Raven  Quite.  Why not just do flings or something?  find people who have the same pace as you?  But on the previous note.. You did say you'd call her... XDD  Just don't do it too much or she might not believe you anymore.  xDD  that could be a good or a bad thing.  that she doesn't " yake your crap anymore" so to speak.. or well, as seriously.
  Lol

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AbsoluteWave said:

@M_The_Raven  Quite.  Why not just do flings or something?  find people who have the same pace as you?  But on the previous note.. You did say you'd call her... XDD  Just don't do it too much or she might not believe you anymore.  xDD  that could be a good or a bad thing.  that she doesn't " yake your crap anymore" so to speak.. or well, as seriously.
  Lol

Yeah. I agree.   It's. like I respected her enough to cut it off.   I'm not trying to mess with her head.  Or manipulate her. 

Sorry about house cleaning the thread.    The iPhone. And this website don't get along at all. 

@M_The_Raven  I have alot of technical difficulties here on my end as well!  Still, whether or not you ask, you will see if she is fully interested in you.. i mean.. if i had interest in you.  I wouldn't mind if you were busy and if i could keep up or not.. i'd stick around to help ground you whenever we got to meet, and I'm sure you both are happy to spend any time with eachother.  So why don't you just arrange things with her so she can better fit your current situation and perhaps help you transition?  I'm sue such a girl would help you do tht!  and therefore you will have more time with her and for personal growth.. such things we don't have to do alone!  =3