BluePeriphery

Understanding Terror

3 posts in this topic

Hello community,

I'm experiencing so much heightened fear lately (terror) and struggling to integrate around the feeling because it just seems like an endless supply. I'm trying very hard to allow it with loving kindness, but it keeps getting triggered and I'm not sure what to trust about it. I've watched Teal videos on fear, but this feels different and I'm hoping to get to the basics or terror. What is terror? What would be the positive intention behind it? It's clear that the amount of terror I experience is rising because I need resolve (integration), but it feels like a giant abstract threat right now. 

I'd be appreciative of any insight <3 

Much love

• Upvote 1

When I integrate a trigger, it's always when I am the most busiest, because I get to the point where I can't function my body without dealing with it. I literally drop what I'm doing, lie on the bed, close my eyes and say something like, 'I'm here, I wont leave, I'm fully present with you for as long as it takes' and honestly it goes away so fast, that I can't even follow it to the source. (maybe that's it's intention).

I understand what you mean about the 'endless supply' which is why I ignore my triggers in the first place. There's a feeling that you may fall so deep that you may not be able to get back up. I can ignore my triggers so much to the point that I get either a  huge migraine or an anxiety attack (my body shaking and adrenaline pumping) which is like my body saying 'F you, deal with your sh!t' - It's a working progress, I'm working on my boundaries.

Terror is, extreme fear. Fear being the opposite of love, I'd say it serves your expansion to experience fear, without one polarity we would not know the other. ( I don't think I'm wording it right)

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure I understand the difference between terror and panic attack but there may be an organic component and you may want to talk to a holistic practitioner about diet or supplements and see if that helps. Food allergies can contribute as well. In the mean time look for meditations that help you find a place of profound peace. Christians call it amazing Grace or the peace that passes understanding. It is pure Source, God is Love and experiencing that directly dissolves away all fear. Peace!

• Upvote 1