Sign in to follow this  
Elif

Experiencing Painful States of Freeze

2 posts in this topic

Experiencing Painful States of Freeze

If you watched Teal's Portland workshop, you know what I am talking about. The man on the second part experienced freeze on the stage, when somebody provided connection for him.
That freeze is what I am experiencing. And it is perpetual. You have no idea how painful it is - feeling freeze; unless you went through it.
I don't know what to do...
I think of allowing myself to feel the freeze, but I get more afraid then. 

Not really sure what type of freeze you mean... but basically any state that we experience is just a part of us. Even deeply fearful and horrible states are just us. Becoming aware of them doesn't worsen them. In fact the more you become aware of them in a short space of time, the less they will affect you in the long-term. This is because, in my experience, every (negative) emotional state is finite. It simply cannot last. The more painful it is in the moment, the less painful it will be for every moment after that. This realization takes practise but it does help you to unravel yourself more smoothly each time.

Just FYI, if people have to have watched a very long video to understand what you're talking about, then it's far less likely you'll get relevant or numerous responses. Threads should, as much as possible, be self-contained and self-explanatory... not as a rule, but just as common sense to make them more effective.