Sign in to follow this  
SandenPiers

Hearing problem

3 posts in this topic

Hearing problem

I have started to lose my hearing due to my Tinnitus problem. It gets worse when I get stressed out. My mother has age related hearing loss and I doubt if I have inherited my mothers hearing loss problem. I have been searching online about the different hearing aid styles ( http://www.hearingsolutions.ca/products/hearing-aids ). I would be interested to read the opinion of people who have been through this stage and what you people have done.

• Upvote 1

A hissing or buzzing sound is

heard in one or both ears. It can be continuous or pulsing off and

on. It can be as loud as roaring.

Tinnitus is caused by three things acting in partnership: toxic

elements, an allergy to salicylates (the aspirin family) and a

bacterium Streptococcus pneumoniae (the pneumonia bug). This

“bug” can be carried in the chronic state after a bout of

pneumonia or what seems to be a head-cold.

If you wanna have ful tekst on this mail me

Hi @SandenPiers,

My ears started to go bad at age 14 and have been wearing hearing aids since I was 18. It was a hard process to accept that I was getting hearing impaired as I was young and in secondary school and ashamed of it but I can honestly say that it has been one of the best desicions ever, otherwise I wouldn't be able to communicate with people. My first set was skin coloured, but I am wearing blue ones now. They are very much a part of me, so why not mmake them look good and even be proud of it.

You should contact a few hearing aid companies and see who seems to have the most knowledge and offer a wide variety of hearing aids, not just from one or two brands, altough I am very happy with my Phonak ones.

The tinnitus is annoying and something I learned to live with, when I wear my hearing aids it troubles me a lot less, probably because other sounds are stronger. Feel free to ask me any question.

Cheers

Edited by Redbeard
reference