nuia

Empaths & shadow work

8 posts in this topic

Empaths & shadow work

I used to pride myself in the ability to read a persons personality within a minute of meeting them. However since really working on my shadows, I can no longer read the bad in others, all I pick up is the positive qualities. I feel as though, maybe I don't perceive shadow so much as a threat now and that's why I'm not picking it up. Or I'm losing my powers. LOL.

Does this happen to you?

• Upvote 2

good point...you know, I think that as we keep clearing our shadows and learn to have compassion for them, we are less triggered by others as a result..I'm an empath and I still perceive the 'bad' or shadow in others, but now is more like I recognize them as an old acquaintance,so to speak ;) when you truly experience something and learn from it, it won't show up as much because you've already integrated it or are in the process of doing so.

• Upvote 4

Thanks @Giulia Before, the negative qualities of a person would pull up red flags for me. But now, it's like I have puppy love goggles on and even though I sense flaws, they are out shined by the positive qualities. So much so, that my friends are telling me that a person is 'manipulative and evil' and all I sense is over the top self expression ( which is something I admire in others)

I see it as just a part of someone's experience, I listen to podcasts and even the most fucked up stories or experiences are real, and it happens and there's a story behind it, why someone steals, does drugs, all of it, its just information to me, not bad, just information, id do the same thing if I were them.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Alex7 said:

I see it as just a part of someone's experience, I listen to podcasts and even the most fucked up stories or experiences are real, and it happens and there's a story behind it, why someone steals, does drugs, all of it, its just information to me, not bad, just information, id do the same thing if I were them.

And that's true compassion. Sympathizing with someone to the point that, you too would do the exact same thing if you were in their shoes. Sometimes I wonder if I am actually insane, because you could go 360 degrees around a action and see that all it is, is just an action, that we are the ones that give the action meaning and that meaning is coming from what we perceive as our reality....
(Ok calm down, getting too deep.)

• Upvote 3

I love this post and the threads. Thank you xx

Oh and I thought about the Moorcheeba song 'just enjoy the ride' the words are great :)

On 9/19/2016 at 2:33 PM, nuia said:

And that's true compassion. Sympathizing with someone to the point that, you too would do the exact same thing if you were in their shoes. Sometimes I wonder if I am actually insane, because you could go 360 degrees around a action and see that all it is, is just an action, that we are the ones that give the action meaning and that meaning is coming from what we perceive as our reality....
(Ok calm down, getting too deep.)

You are amazing, @nuia.  You have dropped judgment.  That is one of the hardest things to do in our spiritual growth.  Go deeper. :)

• Upvote 1