WVLiterata

On Speaking Versus Silence

2 posts in this topic

On Speaking Versus Silence

I've been wondering:

Why is it not enough to just think thoughts quietly and let them go, and why is it further not enough to write them down privately, as in journaling? Why must some of us be heard and know that we are heard, even with the slightest thoughts, like this one? Is this how we affirm our own Being? Is it egocentric? I heard somewhere recently that words are an inner refinement process, but why is it so difficult for some of us to simply Shut Up when we’re not educating or inspiring?

I would love to hear some insights on this subject. Thanks.

1. Because we're human

2. Because we can feel what's wrong with the world very intensely and so we can't ignore it like most can and do

3. Because it's what we're basically here to do because it's what the world needs

Introspection and journaling can only go so far. We all need validation and to be value and heard for what we are, and there are absolutely no exceptions to this rule regardless of how spiritual or solitary someone seems. This ties in to what Teal says about Spiritual Bypassing. Like many things spiritual bypassing is not a binary thing; it has degrees to it and is deeply rooted in the vast majority of cultures on Earth.