kath_alina

Relationships - mirror

2 posts in this topic

Relationships - mirror

Teal says we are attracting people who are a mirror to our rejected self, to get 'whole'. So it is a good thing, because we get triggered and we can work on getting really whole by doing integration work. But... I have a question to this.

An example of myself

I was with a partner, who triggered much negativity and sadness and I felt really really bad so often. I never knew what the problem was, but now I am completely aware of my rejected aspects. Now I know that it is not his fault that I am feeling so bad, it is in me. So does that mean when I am aware of my rejected aspects I can be together with him again? I will be feeling bad again, but I will know why. Then I could do CP and so on... But he is reeally negative. And I do not want to feel this way so often. Because even if i do CP the feeling is not completely away. It will never be I think?? So should I be now with a person who triggers me veeery often? Or which partner would be best now? Him, the negative one, or someone positive?

I am confused

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, kath_alina said:

So should I be now with a person who triggers me veeery often?

Without completely understanding your situation, my gut reaction to your question is:  that would be abusing yourself.  Why would you want to do what emotionally feels bad to you?  I have never heard Teal suggest that we do what makes us feel bad.  She has always suggested that we do what makes us feel good, or at least feel relief.

Being in a dysfunctional relationship is NOT a requirement to becoming whole. Putting our hand back into the fire is not required for us to heal from the burns that we already received from the fire. In fact, the first step to healing is to remove the fire.

Please consider that your Soul desires to be whole and will guide you toward integration through your emotions.  When you are moving away from your Soul's desire, you will feel painful emotions.  When you are moving toward your Soul's desire, you will feel positive emotions.  Always move towards your Soul's desires.  Always seek the better feeling emotions and the actions that bring them.

Focus on finding what makes you happy, not on what triggers you.  When you move towards your happiness, you will naturally be triggered by whatever is in the way of you achieving your happiness.  Then, you will have your opportunities for integration.  I guarantee going for your happiness is like going for the "mothership,"  all of your "triggers" will come out for you to integrate. 

• Upvote 1